It seems that ramus only grows(alot) in dismorphic pattern past 17 years old

stressftw

stressftw

Sry for not answering DMs, taking a break from .me
As it was observed for some before, ive came across this study who corroborate to the evidence that the ramus bone go through major changes after puberty and in adulthood, not only that, ramus lenght was linked to age estimation with decent accuracy, furthermore, the dismorphic difference in ramus lenght between males and females is only found past 17.

"The mandibular ramus length is valuable in age estimation and less valuable in sex determination. Computerized tomography examination is a safe and an accurate procedure with minimal radiation exposure, and provides valuable precise information regarding mandible measurements."

Sexual dimorphism was not observed until the age of 17 years in this sample of population. There was not found any significant differences in the length of the ramus of the mandible between males and females in the age range of 7 to less than 17 years. There was found a significant difference between males and females for the mean length of the mandible ramus in the age range of 17–58 years. It predicts sex with an accuracy of 67 %.

Based on the fitted models, from the ANOVA table and assuming normality, the probability was calculated; if a male has a mandibular ramus length of 6.5 cm or more, he is 65 % likely to be 30 years or older. Furthermore, we calculated a 90 % predict confidence interval at the mandibular ramus 4.5 cm, 5.5 cm and 6.5 cm for males (4.5 cm, 5.5 cm and 6.0 cm for females). If the mandible ramus length is 6.5 cm, this predicts that the mean age is 37.31 years old and it 90 % predicts age confidence interval. If the ramus length is 6.0 cm, this predicts that the mean age is 44.55 years old and it 90 % predicts age confidence interval.

Conclusion
In this study, sexual dimorphism in the mandible ramus length was not observed until the age of 17 years. The mandible ramus length can be used to estimate the sex with an accuracy of 67 % using CBCT and can estimate the age with a high degree of accuracy. Two separate formulae were derived to estimate age in males and in females.

Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2665910720300128

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover, Hero of the Imperium, poopoohead and 5 others
I believe my face grew longer until early 20s long after I was done growing.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and stressftw
Chewing helped my ramus to grow significantly after 16-17 👍

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, poopoohead, Majkal and 2 others
I believe my face grew longer until early 20s long after I was done growing.
Same. If i compare pictures of my face with 16 years to 25+ i look like a completely different person. For some it doesnt change that much, but i assume that heavy androgenic exposure can change your face structure consderably even in adulthood. Those who dont change that much probably have less androgenic sensitivity. (my mere take on that)

There are few studies that demonstrate bone growth spur in masseter hypertrophy patients, but that's well a known phenomenon, not only that, the muscle growth also add volume to the ramus.

Chewing is crucial for those with good masseter insertions

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Chewing is crucial for those with good masseter insertions
Me with my oofy doofy insertions :feelsrope:

For some it doesnt change that much, but i assume that heavy androgenic exposure can change your face structure consderably even in adulthood. Those who dont change that much probably have less androgenic sensitivity. (my mere take on that)
I'm not sure about that. I have a hard time growing facial hair, and in college (US senior high school equivalent) my friends would always joke about how my arms and legs have very little hair - jet I'm balding quite heavily (and rapidly) at the age of 22.

• +1
Reactions: stressftw
Me with my oofy doofy insertions :feelsrope:

I'm not sure about that. I have a hard time growing facial hair, and in college (US senior high school equivalent) my friends would always joke about how my arms and legs have very little hair - jet I'm balding quite heavily (and rapidly) at the age of 22.
It's all about androgen sensitivity. By what your saying, your body hair follicles hasnt sensitivity to produce enough body hair with your current dht and testosterone levels but your scalp is probably very sensitive and susceptible to the damage of your current dht levels.
The tissues on our body have their own sensitivity to hormones overall, thats why you see very often very hairy ppl with full heads of hair, and ppl with no body hair at all balding early in life.
Also it seems that roids can change our tissue sensitivity over time, hence that's why it changes ped users bodies so much over time, but im not knowledgeable enough to talk about this

• +1
Reactions: Graham
It's all about androgen sensitivity. By what your saying, your body hasnt sensitivity to produce enough body hair with your current dht and testosteron levels but your scalp is probably very sensitive and susceptible to the damage of your current dht levels.
The tissues on our body have their own sensitivity to hormones overall, thats why you see very often very hairy ppl with full heads of hair, and ppl with no body hair at all balding early in life.
Also it seems that roids can change our tissue sensitivity over time, hence that's why it changes ped users bodies so much over time, but im not knowledgeable enough to talk about this
Well shit, looks like it's over for me then.

• +1
Well shit, looks like it's over for me then.
If you are balding you should hop on fin. Balding is not game over if you catch it early
hair is life, protect yours

• +1
Reactions: Graham
That's why me be chewing on Chad's cock, mang.
-Least gae user of .Org

• JFL
Reactions: 5.5psl
If you are balding you should hop on fin. Balding is not game over if you catch it early
hair is life, protect yours
I want to get on min and micro-needling soon, but I don't want to do fin yet, as I don't want to stunt bone growth / density (your face develops until 25).

• +1
Yeah no shit and people here still think your bones don't grow past 18 for some reason, I was legit a pencilhead at 18 and now I have an above average jaw 5 years later, free 5mm jaw implant unironically

• Love it
Reactions: It'snotover
Would getting bimax prevent all possible future jaw growth from occurring? If so, would implants have the same effect?

Bookmarked.

Would getting bimax prevent all possible future jaw growth from occurring? If so, would implants have the same effect?
I think if wouldn't GIVEN that nerves weren't damaged.