It's actually difficult to get jaw surgery.

E

epictroll

Silver
I finally have all my money saved for jaw surgery, but no one is fucking replying to my emails or requests for consultations. I've emailed all the big names in the US, and it's been nearly two weeks.

I have a minor overbite, generally recessed jaws. No dentist ever has recommended jaw surgery for me because obviously dentists are extremely blue pilled and their only concern is you coming in biannually for cleanings.

I emailed the "big name" jaw surgeon in the US, they told me since I was out of state that I "needed a referral." Good fucking luck, I highly doubt I will find an orthodontist who will not only recommend me for jaw surgery, much less be familiar with Dr G and be bothered to fill out his patient referral form.

The only response I have had is from Dr. A in Spain. But even that took days just to answer my basic questions. I wanted to do a virtual consultation, but obviously I need x-rays/CBCT scans. I need to get the DICOM files from the CBCT scan.

I emailed like 20 dental imaging places to see if I could come in for scans. One calls me, it's this nice guy saying "sir, uhhh, you have doctor referral? No. Ok, you need referral for scans, goodbye." Fucking sick! I highly doubt I will be able to just ad-hoc get CBCT scans, much less, find a dentist willing to email me my DICOM file.

Because Dr. A is the only person who has responded (though it took longer than a week), I am seriously considering just eating the cost of flying to Spain to have my scans and consultation done there in person. (maybe schedule other EU surgeons along the way).

Can someone advise me on a non-retarded way to go about this? I am still young, I have spent so many years saving. I just want to do this shit and move on with my life, I can't believe now I am losing time on the dumbest of problem: some stupid receptionist watching TikTok in the jaw surgeon's office and not spending 3 minutes to look at a calendar and reply to my email.

• +1
Reactions: acrylicspider, JimmyDreamsOfZygos, Deleted member and 4 others
you'll likely need at least some orthodontics before/after jaw surgery anyway so it's probably best to consult orthos and get a referral

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension, Deleted member 15164 and Deleted member 16220
So how do I find a red pilled orthodontist? If I walked into an orthodontist and told them, "I want aesthetic jaw surgery can you refer me to Dr. G?" I can't imagine that going over too well.

I am in CA. I am willing to travel. Recommend an ortho who is redpilled and I will be there. Hell I am so desperate, I think I am willing to go almost anywhere in the US for some progress on this.

Bribe a doctor for a referral. They're not government officials you should be fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
So how do I find a red pilled orthodontist? If I walked into an orthodontist and told them, "I want aesthetic jaw surgery can you refer me to Dr. G?" I can't imagine that going over too well.

I am in CA. I am willing to travel. Recommend an ortho who is redpilled and I will be there. Hell I am so desperate, I think I am willing to go almost anywhere in the US for some progress on this.
why not? just start e-mailing orthos in your area about it. how bad is your overbite/overall occlusion?

why not? just start e-mailing orthos in your area about it. how bad is your overbite?
View recent photos

This "email orthos in your area" idea seems interesting. Just email orthos and mention that I am considering aesthetic jaw surgery, ask if they would be willing to give me a CBCT scan, and maybe refer me to a jaw surgeon?

I will try it out and report back results. If it actually works I'm a retard, but that was already known.

This "email orthos in your area" idea seems interesting. Just email orthos and mention that I am considering aesthetic jaw surgery, ask if they would be willing to give me a CBCT scan, and maybe refer me to a jaw surgeon?

I will try it out and report back results. If it actually works I'm a retard, but that was already known.
it's not usually the orthos who do cbct's but the max facs. so usually you'd go to an ortho who looks at your teeth and refers you to a max fac for a cbct. but your occlusion honestly looks fine to me. still, just start sending out mails like a maniac and you'll get through somewhere.

where do you even get the cone beam scan a doctor or a hospital?
mine was done at the orthodontists

might actually work

so you went to an orthodontist and told him you want to get jaw surgery then asked for a cone beam scan is that right
no but when i got braces they did one on me at the orthodontists himself
i didnt have to go anywhere

It's the easiest thing in the world. Just call the office and schedule, they're going to pick up

I finally have all my money saved for jaw surgery, but no one is fucking replying to my emails or requests for consultations. I've emailed all the big names in the US, and it's been nearly two weeks.

I have a minor overbite, generally recessed jaws. No dentist ever has recommended jaw surgery for me because obviously dentists are extremely blue pilled and their only concern is you coming in biannually for cleanings.

I emailed the "big name" jaw surgeon in the US, they told me since I was out of state that I "needed a referral." Good fucking luck, I highly doubt I will find an orthodontist who will not only recommend me for jaw surgery, much less be familiar with Dr G and be bothered to fill out his patient referral form.

The only response I have had is from Dr. A in Spain. But even that took days just to answer my basic questions. I wanted to do a virtual consultation, but obviously I need x-rays/CBCT scans. I need to get the DICOM files from the CBCT scan.

I emailed like 20 dental imaging places to see if I could come in for scans. One calls me, it's this nice guy saying "sir, uhhh, you have doctor referral? No. Ok, you need referral for scans, goodbye." Fucking sick! I highly doubt I will be able to just ad-hoc get CBCT scans, much less, find a dentist willing to email me my DICOM file.

Because Dr. A is the only person who has responded (though it took longer than a week), I am seriously considering just eating the cost of flying to Spain to have my scans and consultation done there in person. (maybe schedule other EU surgeons along the way).

Can someone advise me on a non-retarded way to go about this? I am still young, I have spent so many years saving. I just want to do this shit and move on with my life, I can't believe now I am losing time on the dumbest of problem: some stupid receptionist watching TikTok in the jaw surgeon's office and not spending 3 minutes to look at a calendar and reply to my email.
get yo ass to europe its cheaper and better tbh

wait you cant actualy go directly to a surgeon? U need a ortho referal? dafuq

My boy has a class 1 bite shit, show us your side profile