it's over, but when did it end?

dat feel

dat feel

DailyMail Expert
i feel @OldRooster is the best qualified to answer this question

oldrooster, looking back, if you had to pick a year that was the last good year, basically the beginning of the end, what year would that be? 1982? 1995?

basically the year that you felt things got worse every year thereafter

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 6ft4, Deleted member 9801, Account and 1 other person
@OldRooster

1973, but the writing was on the wall long before that. I assume you are specifically referencing the US.
The US birth rate peaked in 1956, then began a rapid decline. Most US institutions were organized around a model of steadily increasing birth rates, and that worked great for those born 1930-1950, they road a wave of increasing younger people coming into the work force, they got regular promotions just for not fucking up because the size of the pie was steadily increasing. But once birth rates started falling, individual opportunity was dramatically reduced and those institutions became pathological. Eric Weinstein refers to this as the Embedded Growth Obligation. https://theportal.group/embedded-growth-obligations-egos/ 1973 is significant because that is roughly when those born at the 1956 peak birth rate began to enter the workforce.

db60_fig1.png

1973 is also significant because of the following historical events; The first arab oil embargo, the beginning of 30 years of stagnate economic growth, Watergate and the expansion of the activist media, Roe v. Wade which accelerated a transfer of power from individual states to the federal Government, Beginning of relations with China (1972), Ending the Gold standard (1971)

iu

Last edited:
It ended in the womb when my genetics was created

1973, but the writing was on the wall long before that. I assume you are specifically referencing the US.
The US birth rate peaked in 1956, then began a rapid decline. Most US institutions were organized around a model of steadily increasing birth rates, and that worked great for those born 1930-1950, they road a wave of increasing younger people coming into the work force, they got regular promotions just for not fucking up because the size of the pie was steadily increasing. But once birth rates started falling, individual opportunity was dramatically reduced and those institutions became pathological. Eric Weinstein refers to this as the Embedded Growth Obligation. https://theportal.group/embedded-growth-obligations-egos/ 1973 is significant because that is roughly when those born at the 1956 peak birth rate began to enter the workforce.

db60_fig1.png

1973 is also significant because of the following historical events; The first arab oil embargo, the beginning of 30 years of stagnate economic growth, Watergate and the expansion of the activist media, Roe v. Wade which accelerated a transfer of power from individual states to the federal Government, Beginning of relations with China (1972), Ending the Gold standard (1971)

iu
hey oldrooster very good answer and you make very valid points and i agree with all of them, but i was looking for a more subjective answer because you experienced more prosperous times

so when you look back subjectively, what year would you happily go back to? try not to be too biased by your own age and eliminate the youth factor and rose-tinted glasses factor as much as you can

for example would you ideally love to go back to 1990? computers were not advanced but they existed, internet was slow and probably useless, no wokeness though. or was 1980 even better?