It's over for me - Canadian healthcare edition

Yoke

Yoke

Bronze
I am recessed and was referred to a maxillofacial surgeon by my ortho. In my city all the maxillofacial surgeons group together like jews out of one practice, so naturally they have a long wait list.

Anyways a year goes by and i contact them, they tell me they are currently not doing surgerys/consultations due to covid. Fine, whatever
Most mandates have been lifted by now and i contact them back. Now it is 1.5 years after referral. They tell me there is a 3-5 YEAR wait time just to get a consultation, and it would be another 5+ years after that for a surgery if needed

its over :feelswhy:

-edit
and also our healthcare does not cover surgery fees, only the hospital fee like anesthesia and only if you have a condition such as sleep apnea and only if you can prove that you can't cope with CPAP devices
JFL at this country

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ROTTING, Deleted member 18159, Stopping@Nothing19 and 2 others
Covid made everything giga cucked

• +1
Reactions: Yoke
The us healthcare system may be expensive but at least you get serviced. jfl

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ROTTING and Deleted member 18159
op btw:

• JFL
Reactions: Deprived, Yoke and Chadlitecel
FrEe HeaLtH cArE :soy::soy::soy:

In the US, its expensive af, but I will say you get what you pay for. Medical treatment in the United States is the best in the world.

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING
Yeah our healthcare system is extremely cucked:feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I am recessed and was referred to a maxillofacial surgeon by my ortho. In my city all the maxillofacial surgeons group together like jews out of one practice, so naturally they have a long wait list.

Anyways a year goes by and i contact them, they tell me they are currently not doing surgerys/consultations due to covid. Fine, whatever
Most mandates have been lifted by now and i contact them back. Now it is 1.5 years after referral. They tell me there is a 3-5 YEAR wait time just to get a consultation, and it would be another 5+ years after that for a surgery if needed

its over :feelswhy:

-edit
and also our healthcare does not cover surgery fees, only the hospital fee like anesthesia and only if you have a condition such as sleep apnea and only if you can prove that you can't cope with CPAP devices
JFL at this country
you’d probably be in your peak at 50 yo by the time you’re fully recovered from bimax :lul:

• So Sad
Reactions: Yoke