I've been left with no choice but to take accutane (isotretinoin)

B

Broski

Zephir
Dermatologist said that I'll be on 40mg accutane. Is that a high dosage to experience side effects. I have a history of depression and BDD so hopefully it isn't brought out by the drug despite anecdotal experience.

wish me luck boys but it's the only way forward I can't take this shit skin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18760 and LooksmaxxHopeful
Good luck. My mental architecture is that I am prone to depression and anaxiety and for me it increased (temporarily). Also got brain fog. Especially during accutane. Was so weird forgetting words. I took 40mg/day at 60kg.
It helped me alot. Unfortunately I wasn't the guy that miraculously got permanent rid of acne, but it fixed it for like 97%.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
Thats a normal dose .
I took like 30 mg a day and had dry lips and skin.
But also 1 time my entire body was paralysed for 2 seconds.Especially my back.

Only happened on accutane once,shit was scary

• JFL
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19
you're about to take literal poison that has a great chance of ruining your life

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: needjawsurgery, EverythingMattersCel, LooksmaxxHopeful and 1 other person
no point in taking over 20mg. Small dosing overrall seems better since its still as effective but minimizes potential sides significantly

• +1
Reactions: Fear
Dermatologist said that I'll be on 40mg accutane. Is that a high dosage to experience side effects. I have a history of depression and BDD so hopefully it isn't brought out by the drug despite anecdotal experience.

Just power through the sides (if you get any), if you don't get your head in over them they're probably be manageable

Do not take it. My sister's heart stopped working.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Broski and Fear
It's not as bad as some retards make it to be, expect having dry skin/lips and be a bit more tired but nothing much more
Good luck

• +1
Reactions: GymCelNeckPill, TUSSELEIF, needjawsurgery and 1 other person
I'm on Accutane 20mg right now and it's been okay. The only side effect I have is contact dermatitis. Drink plenty of water, moisturize regularly, wear SPF and lip balm. Also, stop browsing online forums because of too much fearmongering. Don't miss your follow up consultations with your dermatologist and don't forget to take blood tests every month.

Accutane *might* worsen your depression. Again, majority of the depression cases are linked with the patients being anxious of their skin condition rather than the medication itself. Like I said before, having regular consultations and not reading internet forums will help massively.

Don't worry and good luck!
:D

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Broski
if it was so bad then it would not have been approved for a cosmetic issue. just take it.

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF

Don't rope.
I'll be taking it too in 2 months from now, hopefully I'll still be sane by then:feelsbadman:

What's your weight?

But also 1 time my entire body was paralysed for 2 seconds.Especially my back.

Only happened on accutane once,shit was scary
your next thred: how accutane paralyzed me

Isotretinoin 40mg is making my skin so much better ngl. Getting off it soon. But my depression has been a bit worse and have been looksminned as fuck during it. Other than that no other side effects. Full head of hair. Can’t wait until summer when I’m off it

Isotretinoin 40mg is making my skin so much better ngl. Getting off it soon. But my depression has been a bit worse and have been looksminned as fuck during it. Other than that no other side effects. Full head of hair. Can’t wait until summer when I’m off it
That's good to hear bro

Accutane at 10-20mg/day cured my severe roid acne, 0 (noticeable)
sides besides need chapstick.

Good luck bro! Don't listen to all thse fearmongerers. I'm about to finish my second 6 mounth cycle of 60mg daily. It made my life so much better! Make sure to get a shit ton of moisturizer because your skin will be very dry.

use as little dose as humanly possible for as long as possible. you will have better results using 10-20mg for a year than blasting for 6 months trust me. also hairloss from accutane occurs 3-4 months into the cycle of it starts you are kinda fucked so best way to avoid it is low dose but it can happen anyway and fin and dut don't solve telogen effluvium they are for androgenic alopecia only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back