I've considered medicine in college and I've consider studying to become a doctor BUT...

UglyGod360

UglyGod360

Kraken
I want to be a doctor and study premed like our forefathers before us, on this site did. BUT.. I can't fathom living with my parents for 10 more years, and I want FAST cash, me wanna get RICH. Me wanna surgerymaxx.

I could probably rent out a dorm, or stay with my parents..but my house be bickering 24/7 and I don't even live in a big house like some of you privileged kids. I do have my own room but I just can't fathom living with my parents, for the next 10 years. The former is way more expensive, the latter is least expensive, but least enjoyable.

Or I could just put my heart & soul into leet code/ programming-maxxing.

I am at a crossroads right now.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 8869, Deleted member 6128 and 3 others
Tbh i dont care

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ShineBright, Deleted member 17763 and FrameMogger
I want to be a doctor and study premed like our forefathers before us, on this site did. BUT.. I can't fathom living with my parents for 10 more years, and I want FAST cash, me wanna get RICH. Me wanna surgerymaxx.

I could probably rent out a dorm, or stay with my parents..but my house be bickering 24/7 and I don't even live in a big house like some of you privileged kids. I do have my own room but I just can't fathom living with my parents, for the next 10 years. The former is way more expensive, the latter is least expensive, but least enjoyable.

Same here man. But remember doctors can make half a mill a year so you'll quickly make up any defects and if you're efficient you can become a doctor by 29 or even 28 if you go ham in residency.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: UglyGod360
Tbh i dont care
I don't care if you don't care.
Same here man. But remember doctors can make half a mill a year so you'll quickly make up any defects and if you're efficient you can become a doctor by 29 or even 28 if you go ham in residency.
Why don't you become a nurse instead?

Screenshot 20220427 203247 Snapchat
I don't care if you don't care.

Honestly could have tried something like crna who can make as much as some doctors and is way easier to achieve. But I only thought of this late into college and it would take extra time to get a nursing degree. Premed and med school at this point is the best option for me.

If you want a surgerymaxx ASAP get a job in tech or sales or some shit. You will struggle to surgerymaxx early if you go to medical school. If you ok with getting cosmetic surgery in your 30s go to medical school.

Just passed my neuro anatomy finals today, biggest relief i felt in my life

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Mouthbreath
Same here man. But remember doctors can make half a mill a year so you'll quickly make up any defects and if you're efficient you can become a doctor by 29 for even 28 if you go ham in residency.
the only doctors making anywhere near that amount are in super competitive specialties (neuro/orthopedic surgeon, EM etc) which also have the longest residency periods (upwards of 5+ years)
plus you would be paying back student loans for the first few years on job as well
you would be like early-mid 30s by the time you reached max earnings potential

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, PubertyMaxxer and TsarTsar444
If you want a surgerymaxx ASAP get a job in tech or sales or some shit. You will struggle to surgerymaxx early if you go to medical school. If you ok with getting cosmetic surgery in your 30s go to medical school.
Loans

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Mouthbreath and mulattomaxxer
the only doctors making anywhere near that amount are in super competitive specialties (neuro/orthopedic surgeon, EM etc) which also have the longest residency periods (upwards of 5+ years)
plus you would be paying back student loans for the first few years on job as well
you would like early-mid 30s by the time you reached max earnings potential
Not really. Most doctors I know with private practices easily make this much. Most anesthesiologists make this amount of money. It mainly hospitalists who don’t make this money but even they make at least 250k a year.

If you work in a rural area it’s not to difficult to make this kind of money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, TsarTsar444 and mulattomaxxer
Is it a good idea to be on both student loans and surgery loans. Depends on what country he is in.

In my head this sounds like a reciepe for bankcruptcy. Assuming he could even get authorised for two huge loans.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
you would like early-mid 30s by the time you reached max earnings potential
Caging turbo at people here that go to med school for the money :feelskek:. A chill specialty like psychiatry, derma earning 150k a year >>>>>>>>> surgery making 400kg a year

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Is it a good idea to be on both student loans and surgery loans. Depends on what country he is in.

In my head this sounds like a reciepe for bankcruptcy. Assuming he could even get authorised for two huge loans.
Possible in Europe where med school is (((free)))

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and mulattomaxxer
Not really. Most doctors I know with private practices easily make this much. Most anesthesiologists make this amount of money. It mainly hospitalists who don’t make this money but even they make at least 250k a year.
yeah but where are you gonna get the starting capital to have a private practice in the first place :feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
you need ot wage for a few years at least before opening your own practice
its simply too slow
op wants to earn as fast as possible

Caging turbo at people here that go to med school for the money :feelskek:. A chill specialty like psychiatry, derma earning 150k a year >>>>>>>>> surgery making 400kg a year
yeah
not to mention dogshit work-life balance for surgery
muh just stay awake all night and face malpractice lawsuits every other day bro :lul::lul::lul::lul:

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 18840
What about tech, like software engineering? I'm planning to moneymaxx through this once I graduate highschool

• +1
Reactions: FrameMogger
yeah
not to mention dogshit work-life balance for surgery
muh just stay awake all night and face malpractice lawsuits every other day bro :lul::lul::lul::lul:
Psychiatry is chill af, lowest working hours, you just sit in front of a computer, prescribe medicine for various mental conditions, lowest chance of law suits, good pay. Perfect job imo

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Copeful
Psychiatry is chill af, lowest working hours, you just sit in front of a computer, prescribe medicine for various mental conditions, lowest chance of law suits, good pay. Perfect job imo
yea
only downside is you might go insane dealing with mental patients :feelskek::feelskek:
takes a special type of person to interact with those guys on a day to day basis

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 18804 and TsarTsar444
18 - 28 are your youth years imagine using all of that to study

Nah but seriously they should let people who want to become doctors go down that path at 15/16

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro, Danish_Retard, TsarTsar444 and 1 other person
yea
only downside is you might go insane dealing with mental patients :feelskek::feelskek:
takes a special type of person to interact with those guys on a day to day basis
I interact with them here 24/7

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 18804 and Copeful
yea
Yeah thats the only con for this, but even then, its psychologists who actually have to listen alot to clients and get mentally damaged from hearing too much depressing thoughts all day, psychiatrists don't talk with too much, patients just tell you their symptoms and you decide what to do

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Copeful

Nah but seriously they should let people who want to become doctors go down that path at 15/16
In Europe you start med school at 18-19 and you can immediately start working as an assistant doctor by 25

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Danish_Retard
Honestly could have tried something like crna who can make as much as some doctors and is way easier to achieve. But I only thought of this late into college and it would take extra time to get a nursing degree. Premed and med school at this point is the best option for me.
Ah, I see.
If you ok with getting cosmetic surgery in your 30s go to medical school.
Nope, not happening. I need surgery ASAP, and I am earnest on that.
Just passed my neuro anatomy finals today, biggest relief i felt in my life
You're not going to be performing lobotomies anytime soon, you still have a great deal to learn.
you would be like early-mid 30s by the time you reached max earnings potential
Indeed, but some (depending on the specialty) medical jobs let you moonlight.

If you work in a rural area it’s not to difficult to make this kind of money.
Rural? Don't you mean urban?
Depends on what country he is in.
🇺🇲
What about tech, like software engineering? I'm planning to moneymaxx through this once I graduate highschool
That's a good option. That's actually a very good option.
True, this gives me serious food for thought.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Deleted member 18804
Go sales bro its too many years of rotting for u

Imagine studying for 8+ years with no money holy shit use ur brain

• +1
Reactions: Laikyn and Deleted member 6128
Not worth the debt imo

Ah, I see.

Nope, not happening. I need surgery ASAP, and I am earnest on that.

You're not going to be performing lobotomies anytime soon, you still have a great deal to learn.

Indeed, but some (depending on the specialty) medical jobs let you moonlight.

Rural? Don't you mean urban?

🇺🇲

That's a good option. That's actually a very good option.

True, this gives me serious food for thought.
Thanks for the reply! I really like the format u use here

• Love it
This is a decent option. how are your math skills, have you ever done competition style math. If you're really good at math then coding can be a solid field to go in and you can make good money. However you need to go to college so you won't be moneymaxxing until after college.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18804
This is a decent option. OP how are your math skills, have you ever done competition style math. If you're really good at math then coding can be a solid field to go in and you can make good money. However you need to go to college so you won't be moneymaxxing until after college.
I don't like doing math but I competant at least. I have not done any sort of competitive math. Do CS jobs involve casual math like Engineering, or is it only within like the college coursework?

I don't like doing math but I competant at least. I have not done any sort of competitive math. Do CS jobs involve casual math like Engineering, or is it only within like the college coursework? View attachment 1654240
I was just asking because coding skills correlate really well with mathematical ability and high level coding does involve the use of alot of math esp differential equation, linear algebra, Boolean algebra, working in non 10 bases, statistics etc. Also having a solid understanding of algebra is pretty useful.

Would you say you like coding or just the idea of money. Coding is good if you love problem solving and working on tough problems that really work your brain.

If you don't like math I'd recommend to start paying more attention in math class and really making sure you have the fundamentals of algebra and trig down so you can do well in college calc. Also try to focus more on tougher math problems that involve more problem solving rather than just rote memorization. Rote problems are why most kids dont like math.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pikabro and (deleted member)
I was just asking because coding skills correlate really well with mathematical ability and high level coding does involve the use of alot of math esp differential equation, linear algebra, Boolean algebra, working in non 10 bases, statistics etc. Also having a solid understanding of algebra is pretty useful.

Would you say you like coding or just the idea of money. Coding is good if you love problem solving and working on tough problems that really work your brain.
I do like problem solving. But usually for math I am not that interested. I just learn the formula and how to acquire answers and don't bother with the concepts. Then after getting a decent mark I usually forget EVERYTHING.

• +1
Reactions: copemachine

Im only considering it for money as I plan to Seamaxx in my native country before 28.
In my country you can live like a king on 3000$ CAD without worrying about anything

you want to get money to spend on urself to fuck whores.

take the shorter path, buy young hookers and get over the novelty factor. you will pay one way or another.:p

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goshak and FrameMogger
a king on 3000$ CAD
Are you sure about this 3000 dollars seems really low even for a cheaper nation. To live like a king in India you'd need about 10k usd in smaller towns and probably upto 50k a year in the bigger cities. I'm assuming SEA countries are pricier than India.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18804
Are you sure about this 3000 dollars seems really low even for a cheaper nation. To live like a king in India you'd need about 10k usd in smaller towns and probably upto 50k a year in the bigger cities. I'm assuming SEA countries are pricier than India.
Oh yeah I should have out per month. In the Philippines everything is cheap. You can literally buy 100,000sqm of land for 300k$. If you want to eat out everyday, every mid tier resto meal costs about 20-80php (.50$ - 2$)

If you wanna live in small towns in SEA I'd say you'd need about 15k a year to live a nice life. 15k/.03 would be about half a million which you could save up in 6 years post college so I guess your plan could work.

With half a mill stored you could earn about 15k a year in interest sooo software engineering could def give you the opportunity to live the life you desire

Edit: then I'd say you would need anywhere from 750k to 1.5 million based on how much interest you can accrue. To save that much from software would take 9 to 15 years so at worst you could be living your best life at 37 and best case scenario at 29

Last edited:

rent a room for yourself doctor money will repay it

• +1
yo bro im in high school about to go to university as a premed and I wanted to be a orthopedic surgeon or plastic surgeon what do you think of those careers. Ideally money is a motivation but im down with a chill med career that is a global skill and good luck in med school

Too much work and the medical field has been declining in prestige now for a while. At best you'll make money but feel unfulfilled and have to resort to betabuxxing

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and UglyGod360
Go sales bro its too many years of rotting for u

Imagine studying for 8+ years with no money holy shit use ur brain
What do u recommend to do with a sales degree