I've decided against getting vertical genio

D

Deleted member 24002

Mistral
Im already doing 10mm horizontal, my surgeon can also do up to 4mm down with a bone graft and I initially decided for it even though he said my chin isnt vertically efficient. But now people are saying my morphs with taller chins are too much and + getting a bone graft from my hip is kind of intense (my surgeon takes your own bone).
87F4B5EA 8309 4B05 9EBA 77DD307F651C 1 201 a

4A8B4E2C 864C 4F13 B430 B4E2DA14E9BA 1 201 a

This is my current chin. Supposedly horizontal makes it look taller already. I think a significant vertical movement may be detrimental and make me look like I have downward growth from the front. Thoughts? @VenatorLuparius

Is there no way to do a verical genio without the bone graft? Didn't think it was necessary. I'd make the chin squarer if I were you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24002
Is there no way to do a verical genio without the bone graft? Didn't think it was necessary. I'd make the chin squarer if I were you.
No unfortunately not. There has to be a bone there in order for the chin to be able to be put down with no step off. Idk if genio can make a chin more square.

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
@Octavian_Augustus also you have to be careful with bone grafts apparently quite a few people get chronic pain in the area they got the graft although it’s not common

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
@Octavian_Augustus also you have to be careful with bone grafts apparently quite a few people get chronic pain in the area they got the graft although it’s not common
Yeah that's why I asked. I don't want to do one. I don't need forward growth so should be fine.

4mm of height is OK.

How low is your philtrum ?

I have 2cm philtrum and 4,5cm Chin height, an extra 0.5mm would have been good.

Don't know why you decided against it ?

You are going for genioplasty Horizontal + Vertical, 0 moove forward ?

I ask because i would like to do a 3 dimensional genioplasty but i dont know if its possible (Horizontal + Vertical + Forward).

10mm? That's quite the movement.

• +1
10mm? That's quite the movement.
Yeah it’s going to make a big difference. I even considered 12 but the surgeon said it would be too much.

Work on upper lip not chin. Your chin and jaw seem good

Yeah it’s going to make a big difference. I even considered 12 but the surgeon said it would be too much.
10 is also probably too much

10mm already seems excessive. your chin already looks acceptable may just a few more mm would be sufficient. a squarer chin would ascend you more tbh

Yea 10 mm seems like a lot. I got 6 mm forward and 3 mm down and it made a huge difference. My surgeon used allograft bone (donor bone) to fill in the step off so no need for an additional surgery. If anything I would just recommend widening the chin a few millimeters for you on top of the horizontal movement. Your chin height seems adequate

Yea 10 mm seems like a lot. I got 6 mm forward and 3 mm down and it made a huge difference. My surgeon used allograft bone (donor bone) to fill in the step off so no need for an additional surgery. If anything I would just recommend widening the chin a few millimeters for you on top of the horizontal movement. Your chin height seems adequate
Have you posted pictures of your result anywhere?

Have you posted pictures of your result anywhere?
No I haven’t, but the soft tissue movement from this procedure is great. Overall you can’t go wrong with a sliding genioplasty. Complication rates are low and usually has a very good natural and aesthetic result compared to implants

• +1
No I haven’t, but the soft tissue movement from this procedure is great. Overall you can’t go wrong with a sliding genioplasty. Complication rates are low and usually has a very good natural and aesthetic result compared to implants
100%. Such an incredible surgery if you ask me. So many people have weak chins nowadays.

• +1
Reactions: sanchez451