I've officially cut contact with my family :(

nattycel

nattycel

Hopeless
Last month I was in the worst mental state of my life with depression at all time high.

Had back to back psychiatric appointments and wanted my family to go with me and
be there for me, they didn't answer my calls when it mattered and called back 2-3 days
later saying they were busy and sorry for not calling back earlier.

Now I've stopped answering their calls altogether. Hope they don't show up to my college
residence to speak to me.

I has no choice :feelscry:

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin, Never_Began, jefferson and 1 other person
Stop speaking to family when I was 15, I'm 17 now and its been a few lonely years to say the least.

You say you dont want them now, but as December and the holiday season rolls in, the family christmas adds are on TV, Families start to decorate their houses together, your friends cant hang out because they're spending time with family, the wether starts to get colder and colder, the days get shorter and shorter, social media is filled of people with their families ect ect...

You're gonna wish you had family, happens to me every year.

Ignore them for a few more weeks, 2 months at most; - to prove a point. Then let them back in mate.

Trust me.

• +1
Reactions: nattycel and jefferson
Damn bruh . I feel for u. Luckily my parents are always there. Stay strong. This situation will make u stronger imo.

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin, Never_Began, ZyzzReincarnate and 1 other person
Last month I was in the worst mental state of my life with depression at all time high.

Had back to back psychiatric appointments and wanted my family to go with me and
be there for me, they didn't answer my calls when it mattered and called back 2-3 days
later saying they were busy and sorry for not calling back earlier.

Now I've stopped answering their calls altogether. Hope they don't show up to my college
residence to speak to me.

I has no choice :feelscry:
Sometimes your ego will make you do stuff that, but it's not worth it. They're all you've got

• +1
Reactions: nattycel
Yeah, I didn't mean I'll never talk to them, it's just that for the time being I don't feel I'll be
talking to them. I'm kind of an emotional person so will probably call them sometime I feel
I miss them or something. No big deal.

• +1
Reactions: Swagwaffle
Who is paying for your education?