thoughts?

@RealSurgerymax
@Sergio-OMS

thoughts?

Relapse 1mm 100%
Relapse up to 2mm 70%
Relapse 2-3mm less than 50%
Relapse more than 3mm probably around 10%

These are rough estimates and depends on the osteotomies and movements, if bone grafts were used, if Intermaxillary Fixation was used...

Segmented LeFort I is the least stable, Forward and Down is the second least stable. Forward LeFort I (what most people want here) is moderately stable and can be made more stable with bone grafts and IMF.

BSSO Advancement over 10mm and BSSO setbacks are less stable.

It all depends....

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and ifyouwannabemylover
Relapse 1mm 100%
Relapse up to 2mm 70%

These are rough estimates and depends on the osteotomies and movements, if bone grafts were used, if Intermaxillary Fixation was used...

Segmented LeFort I is the least stable, Forward and Down is the second least stable. Forward LeFort I (what most people want here) is moderately stable and can be made more stable with bone grafts and IMF.

It all depends....
Is IMF the screwed plates that hold the jaw together? Why on earth wouldn’t you use them

Hi
My orthodontist suggested me to use a face mask along with my MSE. Won Moon says you can get up to 3mm of forward expansion.
Thoughts? Worth it? Its only for a month or two when the suture is first split.

Follow prescribed treatment

Is IMF the screwed plates that hold the jaw together? Why on earth wouldn’t you use them

No its the mouth being wired shut after

• Woah
Reactions: Patient A
surgerycel problems

Relapse 1mm 100%
Relapse up to 2mm 70%

It all depends....
what about relapse with genioplasty?

say you get 5mm advancement and relapse 2-3 that's half your advancement gone, or is it less common than with lefort?

• So Sad
Reactions: valhalar