Jaw surgery. Should I get just mandible setback?

A

Apotheosis

Iron

Looking into jaw surgery for underbite. response on reddit said my that maxilla was perfect and that i only needed mandible setback but that dosent seem right to me.
Are there any surgery autists here that can help.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
idk anything about surgery but u should get a bigger mouth, by that i mean lips

Do proper pics

Yes you need mandibular setback unless you wanna look like a chimp or one of Alfaro’s bimax post-op patient.

upper jaw is narrower than my lower, could def be wider. have -3mm overjet with front teeth touching.
Yeah you need upper jaw expansion (MSE) and mandibular setback.

• +1
Reactions: Apotheosis

Looking into jaw surgery for underbite. response on reddit said my that maxilla was perfect and that i only needed mandible setback but that dosent seem right to me.
Are there any surgery autists here that can help.

If you have an underbite you need the maxilla to come forward. That said the nature of a underbite (from what I understand) is that you basically give it stimulus to grow forward, thus, in the long run, it grows far too long, requiring some amount to be set back. That said, the chance that you maxilla is perfect is slim to none. You need some amount of both. This is a complex subject you need to talk to experts about it, unfortunately there are not many. Many surgeons are retarded, remember most are just regular people who went to school to learn a way to make money, they dont know anything more... you need to find the special gems. Or figure it out yourself.

BTW: Fix your posture. If you post a pic from proper posture many here would suggest a CCW. Indeed probably more than 90% of the population needs it.

• +1
Reactions: Apotheosis
you're really fucking weird pal. really weird. i can tell you are jutting and 90% of people wouldn't but i know you are due to the ramus being way too far forward in relationship to the ear

im just wondering why you would larp this. you're a fucking weirdo.

ask real surgeons bro

you're really fucking weird pal. really weird. i can tell you are jutting and 90% of people wouldn't but i know you are due to the ramus being way too far forward in relationship to the ear

im just wondering why you would larp this. you're a fucking weirdo.
haha what, I aint jutting that just where my jaw sits lol why i would jutt my jaw just to make my underbite look even worse than it already is.
If u mean the bottom of the ramus im pretty sure that just the shape of my jaw where it rounds off instead of being a straight angle like a lot of people but it would be very obvious if i was actually jutting since my jaw is so far forward.

Last edited:
If you have an underbite you need the maxilla to come forward. That said the nature of a underbite (from what I understand) is that you basically give it stimulus to grow forward, thus, in the long run, it grows far too long, requiring some amount to be set back. That said, the chance that you maxilla is perfect is slim to none. You need some amount of both. This is a complex subject you need to talk to experts about it, unfortunately there are not many. Many surgeons are retarded, remember most are just regular people who went to school to learn a way to make money, they dont know anything more... you need to find the special gems. Or figure it out yourself.

BTW: Fix your posture. If you post a pic from proper posture many here would suggest a CCW. Indeed probably more than 90% of the population needs it.
thanks man im gonna try speak to some surgeons soon, My understanding of the cause of my underbite is because of a tongue-tie meaning i couldnt push my maxilla forward through tongue posture and instead pushed the mandible so that makes sense.
Ill post some better photos soon if that helps.