JFL at IVY Students

University is for networking JFL not learning
Networking? idk i must be doing it wrong I just turn up to class then go home.

Too socially retarded for that nonsense, I'll probably get a job at Tesco when I graduate :lul: :feelswhy:

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead, Oberyn and Deleted member 6128
europe (just the western part) is like tutorial mode

you can live much better off a minimum wage job than you can in america

however in america you have way more opportunities to become rich, While even intelligent europeans are relegated to working a decent, albeit stagnant job at best. A good quality of life but they will never become rich
2 797a159684

:p

Someone
$200k in debt
Most kids who get into these top schools and gun for things like IB come from rich families.

Your average brokie is at a major disadvantage getting into top 10 targets if they don’t already know anyone at the school or don’t have rich parents, it’s just not feasible.
Precisely, which is why rich kids of rich parents get into these schools to meet other rich kids and rich parents.

Unless you do STEM or want to become a doctor then university is largely pointless from a skillset point of view. Most of the shit you learn in college in a business class, for example, will be outdated and redundant in 5 years, same goes for tech, its constantly evolving.

Employers just like to see that you were able to turn up to classes and hand in assignments for 4 years for whatever reason. I am in university, get good grades, and haven't really learnt shit that will be useful in business (my major). Business is largely learnt through just getting on and doing it and figuring shit out along the way. Additionally, its largely intuition and common sense, marketing, sales, etc... all common sense more or less.

I've learnt 10x more from self studying and reading books, but hey, employers want that stamp of approval from your institution to say you learnt something and then forgot it all immediately after the test.

University is a meme, but currently there is no better alternative to getting into a office job. Tradecucks often make more than graduates here in the UK, by some margin, but there is stigma associated with them being rude, unintelligent, and lazy. Of course there are some like that, but most are decent people, but in our schools we are groomed into going into university and nothing else, because that is how schools get better rankings, based on the number that went to uni.

Absolutely dogshit system, not to mention it costs about £18k to study if you include living costs + tuition, so around 55k for the whole degree (UK degrees are 3 years not 4)
This whole post is refuted by the unfortunate fact that Uni and degrees are used as a filter and shittests to ensure you are competent enough to survive 4 years of agony and shit, and some filters are “fancier” than others.

Good luck getting analyst positions at BB banks or anything that is more interesting than a basic customer service rep at a branch for that matter without a bachelors.

Also, to your point of things evolving, wait till you find out Excel is still the day to day tool for 60% of work being done at investment banks (the “peak” of finance) since its inception.

The other 40% is making shitty slide decks on PowerPoint that your seniors will barely look at.

You could argue “well I can self teach myself PPT and Excel, that’s easy as fuck”

Yeah, no shit, except you don’t have a bachelors from a reputable school so good luck ever getting into IB, or any analyst position for that matter.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 6128
I think this is more the case in America, the only networking that happens here is banks/accounting/consulting firms show up once a year and do fuck all.
This whole post is refuted by the unfortunate fact that Uni and degrees are used as a filter and shittests to ensure you are competent enough to survive 4 years of agony and shit, and some filters are “fancier” than others.

Good luck getting analyst positions at BB banks or anything that is more interesting than a basic customer service rep at a branch for that matter without a bachelors.

Also, to your point of things evolving, wait till you find out Excel is still the day to day tool for 60% of work being done at investment banks (the “peak” of finance) since its inception.

The other 40% is making shitty slide decks on PowerPoint that your seniors will barely look at.

You could argue “well I can self teach myself PPT and Excel, that’s easy as fuck”

Yeah, no shit, except you don’t have a bachelors from a reputable school so good luck ever getting into IB, or any analyst position for that matter.
If you are smart enough to get into BB IB then you shouldn't be doing IB lmao. If you have brains and work ethic become a fucking doctor

Degree? agonising? oh please. Most degrees are a fucking cakewalk even at top unis, unless you are doing STEM it is a piece of piss. It is true that such firms filter those without a degree, but personally I wouldn't want to work for such vacuous soul sucking (((firms))).

I'd rather be a carpenter or some shit making nice desks earning 40k a year than a slave to the machine in an IB earning 100k a year in london, which is basically the same as earning 40k outside of london JFL.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CrazyFitLover, Patient A, LiteralCaucasian and 1 other person
I think this is more the case in America, the only networking that happens here is banks/accounting/consulting firms show up once a year and do fuck all.

If you are smart enough to get into BB IB then you shouldn't be doing IB lmao. If you have brains and work ethic become a fucking doctor

Degree? agonising? oh please. Most degrees are a fucking cakewalk even at top unis, unless you are doing STEM it is a piece of piss. It is true that such firms filter those without a degree, but personally I wouldn't want to work for such vacuous soul sucking (((firms))).

I'd rather be a carpenter or some shit making nice desks earning 40k a year than a slave to the machine in an IB earning 100k a year in london, which is basically the same as earning 40k outside of london JFL.
By agony I meant boring and needless bullshit that you don’t really need but have to sit through for the sake of getting a degree.

I should become a doctor? Why? Because it’s ethical? I can still take the finance route and even non IB still make more than a doctor without having to spend 10+ years in getting certified to be a doctor.

Also, IB is bit of a specific example because it’s the only thing finance bros and retards here think finance is.

There are a lot of routes to take in finance that are far less soul sucking than IB and still pay well when at senior analyst level, but unfortunately still gate kept by degrees.

Europe is also generally shit for finance tbh with shit cost of living and uncompetitive wages, im speaking from NA.

Frankly if you are in Europe in finance, gun for a NA target MBA and move here.

By agony I meant boring and needless bullshit that you don’t really need but have to sit through for the sake of getting a degree.

I should become a doctor? Why? Because it’s ethical? I can still take the finance route and even non IB still make more than a doctor without having to spend 10+ years in getting certified to be a doctor.

Also, IB is bit of a specific example because it’s the only thing finance bros and retards here think finance is.

There are a lot of routes to take in finance that are far less soul sucking than IB and still pay well when at senior analyst level, but unfortunately still gate kept by degrees.

Europe is also generally shit for finance tbh with shit cost of living and uncompetitive wages, im speaking from NA.

Frankly if you are in Europe in finance, gun for a NA target MBA and move here.
People will pour their life into getting such a 'prestigious' job just because it pays 'well'.

If they invested the same amount of time into starting a decent business then they would be better off /

Its not applicable since my college had very good financial support, most Ivies & top tier colleges have really good financial support packages btw.

I only took out a loan for $30,000 (literally had enough $ to repay the loan within 8 months out of college, but there's repayment limitations and stuff so I just got done repaying it)

Also, my sophomore & junior year internships paid like $7-9K/ month of internship and I got like $35K just from internships alone after tax. I also was a TA during my time so I made extra $$ to buy my laptop, cover additional expenses too. Obv I maintained a pretty high GPA (~3.9) in a stem major so it wasn't an easy ride.
what did you study?

bro you are a masochist i would never major in math ahhahah
Yeah its a hard major in general, but I had a huge head start because my high school forced us to take advanced classes. Employers, even those in non-stem fields like finance and consulting, also view it very highly cos its not some meme major.

Yeah its a hard major in general, but I had a huge head start because my high school forced us to take advanced classes. Employers, even those in non-stem fields like finance and consulting, also view it very highly cos its not some meme major.
Yeah, math is the best major but I'm too low IQ and lazy to have gone that route.

Math at a good uni = big bucks for sure

• +1
Reactions: lordgandy2000
yeah its a valuable major but id rather take finance since its respected but i am kind of retarded

If you are a virgin with 150k per year, LOOKS will NOT help you
sad rick ross GIF by VH1
Anyone going from 0 to 150k will benefit tremendously.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis
Nobody goes from community college to a good school. its a meme and youll be surrounded by 30 year old single moms and retards for 2 years.
Lol cope harder a female from my school transferred from CC—> Ivy 2 years ago

I studied at one of the Oxbridge Unis.

The main benefit of studying at a top uni is that it's a status thing. If you say you went to MIT, people assume you're smart. If you went to Harvard, people assume you're high status. This is a double-edge sword IF you're a truecel in anyway, but it's a tool in the box for you to use.

So for instance, I run my own business. Zero career benefits from my Oxbridge Post-grad degree. My online biz could be done by basically anyone who's willing to learn to code and sit and figure out how to make money online and find a market, etc.

Most guys in online business are retardtier and have no clue about real business. This means they don't get funding, don't get to talk to top people, networking is closed to them to ever turn their business into something serious.

But when I say "Oh I did X degree at Y University" more traditionally successful people like lawyers, finance guys and stuff like that suddenly think "this Barry guy is one of us" and it opens doors.

In terms of LMS and getting laid, it also helps because girls see you as higher status. Obviously if you're a fucking STEMcel Eugene nerd like a lot of top uni kids are, it's not going to get you laid over Chav Chads with average geordie shore slut, but if you're going for HQNP girls with a future, they care more than average forumcels believe.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Deleted member 6128 and gribsufer1
Scandinavian ones are free for most i heard, also avg girl there mogs
yeah the average guy there mogs too faggot

The Average price of an Ivy League is : $59,000

Fucking cagefuel these monkeys pay $60k yearly for education so $240k for the standard 4 years.

Instead they could just go to Community College for 2 years then transfer into a top 30 University.

Cutting in half the cost of University also top Universities like
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Purdue
Uni of Washington(Seattle)

All have relatively cheap tuition fees

University Prestige matters a lot of but don’t let these institutions scam you of your money
said like a true community college peasant.

said like a true community college peasant.
> Chinese Nationalist

> Attends school in America

Once again proof America is the superior nation

• +1
Reactions: Collagen or rope
Ivy League education is hte #1 way to get an elite job in the USA. It is more than worth it.

• +1
Reactions: JawMogger
> Chinese Nationalist

> Attends school in America

Once again proof America is the superior nation
I go to Tsinghua u nigger.

The Average price of an Ivy League is : $59,000

Fucking cagefuel these monkeys pay $60k yearly for education so $240k for the standard 4 years.

Instead they could just go to Community College for 2 years then transfer into a top 30 University.

Cutting in half the cost of University also top Universities like
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Purdue
Uni of Washington(Seattle)

All have relatively cheap tuition fees

University Prestige matters a lot of but don’t let these institutions scam you of your money
Prestiege doesn't matter at all. Especially if you're an undergrad.

• JFL
Reactions: JawMogger
Cope I saw you at Princeton

Even your cousin confirmed it
Fuck you I go to tsinghua u nigger

I am finance moger at tsinghua

Last edited:
Ivy is abit overrated, some arent even academically difficult/challenging. A lower tier school is fine to go to..
also really hard to get into, much better to chill during teenage years especially if you cant do it effortlessly (non genius)

The avg tuition paid is still high and does it really out preform a decent state school if you have to pay full tuition yourself? idk. If you drop out for whateverreason you are debt slaved for life haha

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...-stack-up-on-alumni-salaries/?sh=63ca7df25fff under ivy is only slightly worse and these are the most successful high school students. and if you adjust for highschool success/intelligence, somehow?
So what if I have to pay my own full tuition for a state school it’s over?

So what if I have to pay my own full tuition for a state school it’s over?
Over no way you're that low IQ
Go to community college asap and get your GPA up

• +1
Reactions: PYT
I’m a Highschool junior w 2.5

Fuck I wanna cry I wish I could restart

My only fucked course is math I can’t fucking understand this shit

possible to transfer from community college to UCLA?

Nvm I’m retarded as fuck

It’s so easy to get a scholarship here that pays 75% of your tuition 😭😭😭

I’m at 2.7 weighted gpa just need 3.0 and high SAT scores

I’m relearning math from Algebra 1 on YouTube and this shit is so easy. I wish I wasn’t so retarded and searched up online lectures back when it was being actively thought to me in class

If I had a time machine I’d beat my little kid self into a pulp for being such a retard

Last edited: