JFL if you aren't coldshowermaxxing

averageblokecel

averageblokecel

The forum just went down baby, down
I took my first cold shower in march and boy did I do right. Since then I have never come back and will not in any foreseeable future, one of the best decisions of my life.

Taking cold showers is simple yet very effective, benefits of cold showers include:
1. It wakens you up, it alerts you. Are you tired or asleep? After a cold shower you will feel energized as fuck, it renovates you.
2. Better hair and skin. My acne got a lot better when I started to take cold showers (after a month or so) and my hair also shined a bit more, hot water will fuck your skin up, it dries it and open the pores, while cold water seals them.
3. Better circulation. Cold temperatures obligates blood to surround the organs, the ability of arteries to get blood circulating improves.
4. Can help lose weight. Brown fat is stored to be used when in cold temperatures (to keep us warm), logically cold showers will activate the need to burn that fat.
5. Speeds up muscle recovery. Try getting a cold shower after the gym, then you'll know what's pleasure.
6. Relieves depressions. Cold showers will obligate the body to send a lot of electrical impulses to the skin receptors, this is proven to have an antidepressive effect.
7. Increases testosterone. Yes it does.
8. Increases fertility. The thing is, hot showers decreases it while cold showers do not, no effect is better than bad effect.

I can personally say that all points above (except for depression because I have never had it) are true, note that all of them are noticeable after a while, don't expect to turn into superman after 2 days of cold showers. The most important fact here is that you need to be constant, no matter the temperature or the climate, you take them. I have returned from rugby tired as fuck, wet (it rained during the training) and full of mud (natural grass field) and I have still taken them, JFL @ trying to make excuses like a woman.

Inb4 "cold showers are cope"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 5258 and PrisonMike
Will try this.
Should i take them additionaly and start by making water colder and colder? Or maximum cold from start and avoid other types of shower at all?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I am too much of a pussy to start with the cold. I always end up 2 minutes under the coldest.

I do recommend cold shower but if you are beginning you should work your way up to it.

• +1
Speeds up muscle recovery. Try getting a cold shower after the gym, then you'll know what's pleasure.
No it doesn't. It just makes your muscles less inflamed after a workout (imflammtion is a GOOD THING)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ZyzzReincarnate
I've done it before, went for two Months. It's good but not that amazing. Kinda similar to no fap (my longest streak was ten months)
No it doesn't. It just makes your muscles less inflamed after a workout (which is a GOOD THING)
I've read somewhere that it isn't a good thing and Is better to use hot water after working out

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
i've read somewhere that it isn't a good thing and Is better to use hot water after working out
That's what I mean yeah. Inflammation is a good thing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, jordanbarrettisgod and Peruvian
Will try this.
Should i take them additionaly and start by making water colder and colder? Or maximum cold from start and avoid other types of shower at all?
Personally, I started at maximum and just went on with it, but I'm a bit of a brute; it seems that working your way to max cold works better for the majority, although if you can start with max just do it
That's what I mean yeah. Inflammation is a good thing
How so? Also in case it is, it's worth it taking into account the other benefits?

• +1
Personally, I started at maximum and just went on with it, but I'm a bit of a brute; it seems that working your way to max cold works better for the majority, although if you can start with max just do it

How so? Also in case it is, it's worth it taking into account the other benefits?
It's the muscles responding to the workout (ie the pump™ bro). If you keep cold showering your muscles won't respond and grow in their normal way

• +1
It's the muscles responding to the workout (ie the pump™ bro). If you keep cold showering your muscles won't respond and grow in their normal way
So I should take hot showers for muscle gains, in exchange for more acne, dry skin, less shiny hair, no T benefits, no circulation benefits and no "waken up"?

• +1
So I should take hot showers for muscle gains, in exchange for more acne, dry skin, less shiny hair, no T benefits, no circulation benefits and no "waken up"?
Take lukewarm showers ffs. There are no t benefits or any other meme shit with cold showers jfl. Acne is from being a teenager and probably not having a proper skincare routine. Everything else is placebo crap magic. Literally just go to the gym, take your protein and creatine, take your fenugreek and multivitamin with beta carotene, and if you're still ugly after puberty get ps

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Dyinn
Cold showers are legit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and averageblokecel
Its pretty fucked tho if your shower doesn't support. Slightly cold water because it is like bathing in an icebath.

Ya even though warm water might feel nice you are drying out your body.

• +1
No thanks
I have enough cortisol flowing in my system already
(Most of what you listed is correct with the exception of fertility + testosterone increase- very little difference in sperm count and no reliable studies showing a measured testosterone increase, though it is plausible)

• +1
No thanks
I have enough cortisol flowing in my system already
(Most of what you listed is correct with the exception of fertility + testosterone increase- very little difference in sperm count and no reliable studies showing a measured testosterone increase, though it is plausible)
Take ashwagandha for cortisol reduction.

• +1
How cold do you make it? do you go far left where its the coldest? cause thats too fucking cold and i love a hot shower at the end of a day

• +1
How cold do you make it? do you go far left where its the coldest? cause thats too fucking cold and i love a hot shower at the end of a day
yes I go where its the coldest, I just threw in some balls

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
Legit

• +1
It also activates brown fat so that's good.

• +1
Brown fat?
yes its like fat but i think like brown or some shit i heard it somewhere and it activates during coldness to keep u warm. its because africans are brown(not black!!!) and they like to keep warm so i think thats where name comes from

• +1
yes its like fat but i think like brown or some shit i heard it somewhere and it activates during coldness to keep u warm. its because africans are brown(not black!!!) and they like to keep warm so i think thats where name comes from
SO coldshowers makes you brown?

Over for @Titbot

• +1
SO coldshowers makes you brown?

Over for @Titbot
Yes I was trying to michaeljacksonmaxx but the opposite happened :(

• +1
How cold does it really have to be? Like maximum? I'm definitely going to start out with "cool" showers.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Elias
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and theanonymousone