Joining Asia's top MMA gym

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
I'm training MMA/Boxing.

My mom promised me that she'll put me in the MMA gym in 2 weeks time.

I got a private personal trainer whos Southpaw for me, a Southpaw.

It costs $200 an hour.

My Maths tutor was $110 for 2 hrs in comparison.

It's the number #1 MMA gym in all of Asia called Evolve MMA.

Wish me good luck please.

There are UFC fighters in there like Rafael Dos Anjos, Rich Franklin, Sage Northcutt, Demetrius Johnson.

The guy who owns is Chatri, the same guy who runs One Championship.

• Woah
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, Deleted member 22780, ShowerMaxxing and 1 other person
I'll be training 3 times a week at that gym.

If you’re not looking to get into professional MMA I don’t see why you would be doing this tbh

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao, Truecel14, Sprinkles and 1 other person
GSP at Evolve

Also doesn’t matter how good your teachers are if you naturally suck ass. See CM Punk

• +1
Reactions: FoolOfAGook
  • +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
I'll be working part time, 4 hrs a day, to help my mom cover the expenses.
Are your parents rich? Aren’t you worried about being behind careerwise? You can’t live with parents your entire life

• +1
Reactions: Truecel14
  • +1
Don't know. Will be starting when I start training.

I don't like BJJ when I watch it in fights. I prefer wrestling compared to BJJ.
Is your wrestling any good? BJJ is very intricate and I like it, wrestling is pretty good too. But BJJ is just way more technical imo

Also doesn’t matter how good your teachers are if you naturally suck ass. See CM Punk

No... Teachers are there to help bring out the best in you.

Of course you need to have natural talent yourself.

I'm amateur(only street fights and self training) but when I watch UFC fights I can predict moves, so I have innate fight IQ.

If you’re not looking to get into professional MMA I don’t see why you would be doing this tbh

The plan is to enter UFC by next year, God willing.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22780, kuroro, ShowerMaxxing and 1 other person
mirin

mmamax is legit

• Love it
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
Is your wrestling any good? BJJ is very intricate and I like it, wrestling is pretty good too. But BJJ is just way more technical imo

Yeah BJJ is very technical.

• +1
Reactions: Unsh and traveler

Do you do MMA? What's your base? How many fights have you got into?

• +1
No MMAmaxxing for Indian pheno

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing
OPs brain

Also if you just want money, boxing pays far better

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23819
Yeah CM Punk and Brock Lesnar were the only ones to do UFC from WWE.
CM punk couldn’t. Lesnar just had natural brute strength and size overcoming technique, also some American wrestling base

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and FailedNormieManlet
The plan is to enter UFC by next year, God willing.
Unless you’ve been training in either striking (Muay Thai/kickboxing or boxing) as a kid or doing some sort of grappling since being a kid, you’ll probably struggle to make it to UFC. Those guys are elite athletes, and have been fighting since they could walk.

You said you’ve done Muay Thai, what’s your record? Have you ever competed?

CM punk couldn’t. Lesnar just had natural brute strength and size overcoming technique, also some American wrestling base
Lesnar was a legit D1 American wrestler. The meta back then was different too, MMA now is a different game

• +1
OPs brain

Also if you just want money, boxing pays far better

Lol I literally said I predict moves in the UFC fights that I watch.

And my base is Boxing.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bloomercel, ShowerMaxxing and FailedNormieManlet
Lesnar was a legit D1 American wrestler. The meta back then was different too, MMA now is a different game
Yeah ik bro but he’d KO people with little striking background no issue. Mind you often through gnp, steroids and size are great fight predictors. Humiliated the mma world seeing a “fake wrestler” become champ lol

• +1
Unless you’ve been training in either striking (Muay Thai/kickboxing or boxing) as a kid or doing some sort of grappling since being a kid, you’ll probably struggle to make it to UFC. Those guys are elite athletes, and have been fighting since they could walk.

You said you’ve done Muay Thai, what’s your record? Have you ever competed?

I want to train Muay Thai too, never did on my own, other than shin kicks, tepes, knees and elbows.

I only got into street fights and won most of them.

It's all about fight IQ developed through heavy bag training, pads etc, sparring and Shadowboxing imo

• JFL
Yeah ik bro but he’d KO people with little striking background no issue. Mind you often through gnp, steroids and size are great fight predictors
Tbf the size thing isn’t as big of an issue, there’s weight classes for a reason. The whole reason athletes take steroids is because it aids with recovery not for the strength gains.

You don’t need high level striking if your wrestling is good, since your opponent isn’t going to be throwing insane combos since they’ll be worried about stuffing takedowns. Strikes are just there to setup the takedown

• +1
Tbf the size thing isn’t as big of an issue, there’s weight classes for a reason. The whole reason athletes take steroids is because it aids with recovery not for the strength gains.

You don’t need high level striking if your wrestling is good, since your opponent isn’t going to be throwing insane combos since they’ll be worried about stuffing takedowns. Strikes are just there to setup the takedown
Yeah khabib is proof of that, still better to be well rounded

• +1
I want to train Muay Thai too, never did on my own, other than shin kicks, tepes, knees and elbows.

I only got into street fights and won most of them.

It's all about fight IQ developed through heavy bag training, pads etc, sparring and Shadowboxing imo
Winning street fights means nothing. Streetfights are just about who is the most aggressive, size advantage and is generally people wildly swinging at each other.

Fight IQ is about knowing HOW a technique works, and knowing then how to counter an opponent because you know how they’ll defend. You’ve never actually fought and it’s obvious, this shit takes years and there are levels to it

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and GuyFromSingapore
Mirin' optimisim/delusion.

Blackpill: you're going to have to PEDmaxx.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

I actually went to that same gym about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

I was in the beginner class with other idiots. They just did combinations on the heavy bag.

I didn't give a fuck, I just threw strikes on the heavy bag on my own.

They complained to my mom lmao

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23819
Are you training to be a pro fighter?

Winning street fights means nothing. Streetfights are just about who is the most aggressive, size advantage and is generally people wildly swinging at each other.

Fight IQ is about knowing HOW a technique works, and knowing then how to counter an opponent because you know how they’ll defend. You’ve never actually fought and it’s obvious, this shit takes years and there are levels to it

LOL I taught myself shit on my own intuitively and see expert coaches say the same thing like stepping forward to throw lead jabs.

I figure shit out on my own, I have the natural talent for it.

• JFL
Last edited:
  • JFL
LOL I taught myself shit on my own intuitively and see expert coaches say the same thing like stepping forward to throw lead jabs.

I figure shit out on my own, I have the natural talent for it.
Stepping forward for a lead jab is basic. You aren’t “natural”, I’ve met plenty of “naturals”.

The dudes who are good at fighting all have a knack for memorising and understanding techniques and they’re giga autistic and drill the same thing all fucking day. You go into a boxing gym or anywhere and post a video of you sparring with someone your size and weight who has trained for a year and let’s see what’s up.

@FailedNormieManlet

Why you jfling at me faggot?

When I mean stepping forward I mean footwork, like simultaneously popping your lead foot out together with the lead hand to jab.

• JFL
@FailedNormieManlet

When I mean stepping forward I mean footwork, like simultaneously popping your lead foot out together with the lead hand to jab.
Because you’re delusional and have never fought yet think you’re a fucking natural. Do you know how retarded that is?

Most men think they’re good at fighting, then they step into a ring or gym and get their ass kicked and realise THERE ARE LEVELS to this shit.

Even if you can throw a jab, that doesn’t stop you from getting double legged or anything.

• +1
Reactions: kuroro, ShowerMaxxing, GuyFromSingapore and 1 other person
Stepping forward for a lead jab is basic. You aren’t “natural”, I’ve met plenty of “naturals”.

The dudes who are good at fighting all have a knack for memorising and understanding techniques and they’re giga autistic and drill the same thing all fucking day. You go into a boxing gym or anywhere and post a video of you sparring with someone your size and weight who has trained for a year and let’s see what’s up.

Uh... If you have the body awareness to discover that jab thing, that's half of fight IQ already.

Memorizing is useless unless you drilled it a thousand times and it comes automatically and fluidly in a real fight.

It's about having the fight IQ to anticipate and prepare sequences. That's what training camps are for.

• JFL
@FailedNormieManlet

U remind me of a friend, he’s since started training. Assuming he’d be a great fighter ended up losing to a guy a ft shorter
CE46FF77 0903 423F B0C6 482FA44DA155

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: bloomercel, FoolOfAGook and FailedNormieManlet
Uh... If you have the body awareness to discover that jab thing, that's half of fight IQ already.

Memorizing is useless unless you drilled it a thousand times and it comes automatically and fluidly in a real fight.

It's about having the fight IQ to anticipate and prepare sequences. That's what training camps are for.
Dude take it from someone who has trained and actually competed.

The fight IQ you’re talking about isn’t fucking fight IQ. Fight IQ is so much more than that, it’s about understanding the fundamentals of that technique, what muscles work and how people defend it.

When I snap someone’s head down, I know they’ll try to posture up again, exposing themselves for a throw. That’s fight IQ, when I notice my opponent is right handed so I switch and fight left handed and force him to play from his weak side, that’s fight IQ. Fight IQ isn’t shit like knowing how a basic jab works.

Memorising shit is useful, I have memorised a few sweeps and have drilled them loads, I know how those sweeps work so I’ve been able to modify them and adjust them - that’s fight IQ

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bloomercel and ShowerMaxxing
Because you’re delusional and have never fought yet think you’re a fucking natural. Do you know how retarded that is?

Most men think they’re good at fighting, then they step into a ring or gym and get their ass kicked and realise THERE ARE LEVELS to this shit.

Even if you can throw a jab, that doesn’t stop you from getting double legged or anything.

There's levels to virtually every skill in life.

How is it delusional when I taught my ownself techniques on my own? Like flying knee, croaching Capoeira kick and Shadowboxing ON MY OWN without even knowing these things existed?

I used a wrestling take down in a street fight without even being taught it.

• JFL
  • JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, FailedNormieManlet and FoolOfAGook
There's levels to virtually every skill in life.

How is it delusional when I taught my ownself techniques on my own? Like flying knee, croaching Capoeira kick and Shadowboxing ON MY OWN without even knowing these things existed?

I used a wrestling take down in a street fight without even being taught it.
Send me a video of you doing a takedown. JFL what did you do? A shitty double leg? What’s your weight?