Jon Jones vs Francis Ngannou

Gargantuan

Gargantuan

Mod
Staff
Negotiations have stalled, it appears, so we won't be seeing this fight in 2020 imo.
If it does happen, how do you see it going down? I think JBJ beats Francis tbh, much more versatile with his wrestling and submissions whereas Francis solely relies on freakish power.
It could potentially be one of the greatest matchups of all time
jones_vs_ngannou.jpg
EtbaNbD

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13511
My money's on Jon Jones.

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
My money's on Jon Jones.
Smart choice. Bookmakers might make him a betting underdog if the fight is gonna take place tbh, just like Stipe was prior to his fight against Francis and we all know how that ended. People fall in love with power too quickly, I'll always take technique and versatility over raw power even though styles make fights obviously.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime
i hope that błachowicz (polish dude) will fight for title when jon goes to heavyweight

• +1
Francis kills him, jones is not pulsing anymore

i hope that błachowicz (polish dude) will fight for title when jon goes to heavyweight
I like Jan, great fighter. Him vs Reyes for the vacant LHW title if JBJ goes to heavyweight would be nice ngl.
If Jones stays at LHW though, I think Jan is next in line anyway for a title shot so things are looking great for him.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
If Jon Jones can get his cycle right/keep away from Ngannou for the first round easy night for him. Ngannou's technique is comically and realises on intimation/power. We all saw what happened when he fought Stipe and it was embarrassing.

• +1
I like Jan, great fighter. Him vs Reyes for the vacant LHW title if JBJ goes to heavyweight would be nice ngl.
If Jones stays at LHW though, I think Jan is next in line anyway for a title shot so things are looking great for him.
Problem is, hes not very medial. I want him to win belt but he would lose with jon. For me idealy Jon would go for heavy, and jon would fight for championship. Idk who he should fight since i dont track ufc now tbh.

• +1
As much as i hate that cheating pictogram pussy eyepoker jon jones he schools francis imo he just needs to be very careful in the first round and not get caught with a huge hit by francis.
Also the blueprint to beating him.is already laid out by stipe already just take him down and jon can and will absoultely take him down tbh

• +1
Francis kills him, jones is not pulsing anymore
Disagree, Stipe laid out the blueprint to beating Francis. He needs to avoid Francis' power and I don't think that's gonna be a problem since Jones times distance better than anyone else. Francis is likely to tire in the later round, especially once Jones starts to take him down and wrestlefuck him. I see Jones winning on points or either finishing Francis by vicious ground and pound.
If Jon Jones can get his cycle right/keep away from Ngannou for the first round easy night for him. Ngannou's technique is comically and realises on intimation/power. We all saw what happened when he fought Stipe and it was embarrassing.
Very true, plus Jones is way more experienced and has gone 5 rounds plenty of times. Whereas Francis is used to 1st round KOs, he's going to tire quickly once Jones starts taking him down. Stipe laid the blueprint to beating Francis and Jones might even go one step further by stopping him.
As much as i hate that cheating pictogram pussy eyepoker jon jones he schools francis imo he just needs to be very careful in the first round and not get caught with a huge hit by francis.
Also the blueprint to beating him.is already laid out by stipe already just take him down and jon can and will absoultely take him down tbh
Totally agree, I don't see how Francis can cope if he doesn't hit Jones clean in the first round. It's pretty much over for him if he doesn't connect within 5 minutes. I'd back DC to beat Francis as well ngl.

Last edited:
Disagree, Stipe laid out the blueprint to beating Francis. He needs to avoid Francis' power and I don't think that's gonna be a problem since Jones times distance better than anyone else. Francis is likely to tire in the later round, especially once Jones starts to take him down and wrestlefuck him. I see Jones winning on points or either finishing Francis by vicious ground and pound.
the blueprint is to wrestle fuck him but jones cant do that anymore since hes not pulsing just look at his last fight he couldent take down reyes who he in my opinion lost too

can jon take a punch from ngannou?

can jon take a punch from ngannou?
Very few can. However, Stipe took one in the very first round, survived
CommonSeparateAztecant-size_restricted.gif

And went on to dominate
MiocicNgannou.gif

Jon has an impressive chin too, never been knocked down in his entire career as far as I can remember.
Obviously he has never fought anyone as powerful as Ngannou, but if he controls range well (which he does better than anyone else in the UFC tbh), he just needs to make sure he gets out of that first round unharmed and he'll go on to win I think.
the blueprint is to wrestle fuck him but jones cant do that anymore since hes not pulsing just look at his last fight he couldent take down reyes who he in my opinion lost too
I think Reyes won that fight as well but we'll have to wait and see. Styles make fights and Jones, with his wrestling and elite control of range, is a difficult matchup for Ngannou.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner