jutting is legit?

yodek21

yodek21

can´t be true
I had an overbite and underwent orthodontic treatment, including braces.

Despite my orthodontist recommending elastics, I rarely wore them, hindering progress.

Recognizing the lack of improvement, my orthodontist provided a retainer with metal bars on the top.

looked like that:
IMG 6678

(The redlines you can imagine were the metal bars and preventing me to overbite. Only my front two teeth were touching)

I couldn't close my back teeth in the morning, but consistent use slowly corrected the overbite to a slight or normal position.

Unfortunately, I can't share images of the original as I've completed the treatment, and I now use a standard retainer.

Do you think this shows jutting is working?

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2
you needed a BSSO not those braces and you’re gonna develop tmj by jutting

you needed a BSSO not those braces and you’re gonna develop tmj by jutting
Its already over, I fixed my overbite and don't need to jut anymore. I have a normal bite now.

Its already over, I fixed my overbite and don't need to jut anymore. I have a normal bite now.
you had an orthodontic camouflage, your mandible is still in the same exact position it was, only your teeth position changed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BoredPrince, Allornothing and NoReedemingFeature
you had an orthodontic camouflage, your mandible is still in the same exact position it was, only your teeth position changed
Do you think it could be a result of mandible growth, I was in puberty to that time.

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
Why didn’t you just wear elastics they would have fixed it lol. This whole fear-mongering about dentistry is cope it really doesn’t harm facial aesthetics at all, in fact is usually benefits it.

Do you mean overbite or overjet btw I’m confused?

• Hmm...
Reactions: yodek21
Why didn’t you just wear elastics they would have fixed it lol. This whole fear-mongering about dentistry is cope it really doesn’t harm facial aesthetics at all, in fact is usually benefits it.

Do you mean overbite or overjet btw I’m confused?
I had an overbite. And to be honest I was lazy and also a bit scared for my maxilla, because this autistic forum always preaches about elastics will fuck up your face. It comes to the point where people say braces will destroy your face which is a crazy take imo. Wdyt?

I had an overbite. And to be honest I was lazy and also a bit scared for my maxilla, because this autistic forum always preaches about elastics will fuck up your face. It comes to the point where people say braces will destroy your face which is a crazy take imo. Wdyt?
I had braces and elastics and growth-wise my maxilla and jaw are perfect, except my mandible could be longer for more chin projection.

All these treatments do is realign the jaws and change their shape to make the teeth, and in turn, the face look more aesthetic. You can only move teeth so far. You can’t just change the bite without changing the shape of the jaws that doesn’t make sense.

The only exception is if you go to a shitty dentist who corrects things by tilting teeth outwards to an unnatural position. Then I would gtfo out of there.

Thx for confirming my theory

I made a couple threads on this a while back

• +1
Reactions: yodek21
are you still able to retract your jaw to the old recessed position from your new biting position ?

(although may be uncomfortable)

interesting. usually people are able to do that. how big was your initial overjet and the final overjet ?(not overbite, overjet:horizontal distance between upper and lower incisors)

did your lips change with this