Fiqh

Fiqh

Ahlul Sunnah
Thoughts? @Napoleon1800

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and HTN_Mentalcel
k2 mk4 is a meme

What makes you come to this conclusion?
i havent seen any convincing studies on efficacy of mk4 and people here over hype it, is good for calcium reabsorption but high T and growth hormone will do more for bones I dont really understand why mk4 over mk7 either

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh
i havent seen any convincing studies on efficacy of mk4 and people here over hype it, is good for calcium reabsorption but high T and growth hormone will do more for bones I dont really understand
Not everyone is willing to do the latter.

mk4 over mk7 either
The large scale clinical trials are mostly with MK-4. The Japanese also have access to MK-7 and can produce it a lot more cheaply than MK-4 by using nato. Yet, they still went with MK-4. Most of the MK-7 trials so far are sponsored by either cheese or nato industry groups. There is notable lack of studies comparing MK-7 and MK-4. Probably because MK-4 will be found superior or at least as good as MK-7. The trials so far on MK-7 focus on comparisons with K1, which we know is inferior to the menaquinones. MK-4 is also the form used by the humans for functions such as electron transport carrier and co-factor for the carboxylation of osteocalcin. MK-7 is at best a surrogate for MK-4.

MK-4 has effects on gene expression in bone tissue that MK-7 doesn't have.
"The investigators found that MK-4 strongly activates transcription of two specific genes in osteoblast cells. Osteoblasts are cells that create bone tissue. The genes are GDF15 and STC2 and they're involved in bone and cartilage formation. They tested K1 and MK-7, and in contrast to MK-4, they did not activate transcription of the genes in the slightest. This shows that MK-4 has effects on gene expression in bone tissue that MK-7 doesn't have."
MK-7 has also less interaction with enzymes that would bring it into the cells (due to a longer side-chain, more lipophile)

Mk4 is preferably used by body
“Vitamin K2 induces phosphorylation of protein kinase A and expression of novel target genes in osteoblastic cells”
T Ichikawa1, K Horie-Inoue1, K Ikeda1, B Blumberg2 and S Inoue1,3 1