KY19382 - Treatment für baldcels and shortcels?

D

Deleted member 13588

Silver

So I've been watching one of Kevin Mann's hairloss videos where he talks about a substance called KY19382. This substance supposedly affects (activates) the WNT pathway and is being researched as a potential hair growth stimulant, but also has another interesting mechanism of action...

At 6:45 he cites a study:
KY19382 is one of the newly synthesized analogues of indirubin‐3′‐monoxime (I3O), a glycogen synthase kinase‐3β (GSK‐3β) inhibitor, and has a significant ability to activate Wnt/β‐catenin signalling (Choi et al., 2019). Indirubin is an active ingredient of the indigo plant, Danggui Longhui Wan, used as traditional anti‐leukaemia medicine (Xiao et al., 2002). I3O is known to be a Wnt/β‐catenin activator that stabilizes β‐catenin via inhibition of GSK‐3β and has been shown to accelerate bone growth and inhibit adipogenesis (Cha & Choi, 2014; Choi et al., 2014; Zahoor et al., 2014). Furthermore, we recently found that KY19382 elongated tibial length by inactivating GSK‐3β and blocking the binding of CXXC‐type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) and dishevelled (Dvl) (Choi et al., 2019). Moreover, PTD‐DBM, a peptide that interferes with CXXC5–Dvl interaction via binding to the PDZ domain of Dvl, stimulated wound‐induced hair follicle neogenesis (WIHN) and hair regrowth (Lee et al., 2017). However, this peptide is limited for routine application due to its cost and stability.

sources:

Could this be it? A potential medicinal substance für shortcels?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
inb4 it gives you cancer like every other wonder drug

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Preoximerianas, TrestIsBest, Baldingman1998 and 3 others
its not fda approved, right?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13588
its not fda approved, right?
Not yet. They literally just finished a phase 1 study in China. Still many years to go...

Last edited:
Unlikely that someone is balding and also has open growth plates lol

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Hombremacho, NONE and Deleted member 13588
How about a Group Buy? :D

good luck finding a cheap source and a way to reconstitute (water based solutions don’t work for KY)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NONE, AscendingHero and Deleted member 13588
@Digital Hitler

• JFL
good luck finding a cheap source and a way to reconstitute (water based solutions don’t work for KY)
How about Alkohol and Propylene Glycol? (without water)

Creating a more stable complex might be only a matter of time. Prices at early research stages are quite high...

We have to keep an eye on this one. Seems kinda promising.

Balding and manletism tend to be linked. Usually has to do with heightened sensitivity to androgens which causes the growth plates to fuse early and hair loss or begin shortly after

• Hmm...
Balding and manletism tend to be linked. Usually has to do with heightened sensitivity to androgens which causes the growth plates to fuse early and hair loss or begin shortly after
You've got a point there!

Sounds kinda promising!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
If it doesnt work on closed growth plates its useless

• +1
doubt KY will do much looking at anecdotal evidence from groupbuys, same as SMI, pyri looks far more likely to be a successful anti hairloss drug in the future, and hopefully GT will be the next big thing as well thought that is far more in the future

• +1
doubt KY will do much looking at anecdotal evidence from groupbuys, same as SMI, pyri looks far more likely to be a successful anti hairloss drug in the future, and hopefully GT will be the next big thing as well thought that is far more in the future
When it comes to hairloss, I am betting on pyri... but maybe KY could help with other stuff, e.g. Limb Lengthening? :sneaky:

When it comes to hairloss, I am betting on pyri... but maybe KY could help with other stuff, e.g. Limb Lengthening? :sneaky:
Although I do find it unsettling that Kintor was lying about its anti COVID medicine...

If it doesnt work on closed growth plates its useless
If it works on your scalp, then it may be useful for some folks.... for haircels...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729