l-theanine is one of the best supplements I've tried

WadlowMaxxing

WadlowMaxxing

white. american. christian.
very cheap and effective. it has many purposes. I've used it before bed, trying to relax, synergistically with caffeine. it's an S+ supplement. you can buy the powder and dissolve it into water. it's quite quick acting as well. this is definitely a good thing to try for anxiety. if you have trouble going to bed I'd consider as well. it doesn't make you sleepy, just calms you. I've taken it with caffeine before a test to improve performance, once again, worked. taking some as I write this thread even.
@kjsbdfiusdf

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23530, Gargantuan, Deleted member 10524 and 6 others
Makes me feel like shit if I take it in the morning, even with coffee. I think it supresses cortisol too much for me

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Makes me feel like shit if I take it in the morning, even with coffee. I think it supresses cortisol too much for me
I only take it later in the day. why would you take something that relaxes you in the morning?

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel, PYT and audreyen
I only take it later in the day. why would you take something that relaxes you in the morning?
I used to take when I was studying at uni. I read it worked synergistically with caffeine to make you like super focused and alert, while blocking the caffeine ‘jitters’. Kinda like a poor mans Ritalin. But I found it just made me feel like shit. I think everybody responds to supplements differently

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel and WadlowMaxxing
Where did you buy it? I'm about to become a walking pharmacy like you

Where did you buy it? I'm about to become a walking pharmacy like you
Buying bulk is the cheapest option

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, WadlowMaxxing and PYT
very cheap and effective. it has many purposes. I've used it before bed, trying to relax, synergistically with caffeine. it's an S+ supplement. you can buy the powder and dissolve it into water. it's quite quick acting as well. this is definitely a good thing to try for anxiety. if you have trouble going to bed I'd consider as well. it doesn't make you sleepy, just calms you. I've taken it with caffeine before a test to improve performance, once again, worked. taking some as I write this thread even.
@kjsbdfiusdf
Wouldn't ashwaghanda work better for winding down?

Wouldn't ashwaghanda work better for winding down?
ashwaganda is somewhat of a meme. most supplements will be of the leaf or leaf mixed with root. only the root has positive properties. you can buy the root powder but it tastes awful, and the effects are over rated in my opinion and experience

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
What are the upsides in day-day life, and side effects?

What are the upsides in day-day life, and side effects?
benefits? you become more calm and relaxed. its benefits are their own side effects. there's no secret side effect. like I said if you had anxiety it could be good. I usually take it with caffeine to focus, or before bed to sleep better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
ashwaganda is somewhat of a meme. most supplements will be of the leaf or leaf mixed with root. only the root has positive properties. you can buy the root powder but it tastes awful, and the effects are over rated in my opinion and experience
can you take both

What brand did you buy man I took that shit before from Walmart it honestly unfortunately never works at all for me. I feel absolutely the same. Maybe because I don’t have anxiety? I don’t know. Even if I’m feeling normal will I feel calm if I take it or something?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
I take 100mg caffeine 200mg l-theanine together every work day and it works great

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746
What brand did you buy man I took that shit before from Walmart it honestly unfortunately never works at all for me. I feel absolutely the same. Maybe because I don’t have anxiety? I don’t know. Even if I’m feeling normal will I feel calm if I take it or something?
nootropicsdepot

Try trimethylglycine. Way better

• +1
Reactions: audreyen, Seth Walsh and Deleted member 5746
in my experience l-theanine didn't help me sleep but just gave me more of a 'calm state of alertness'. works best with coffee for me to remove jitters. of course effects are different for everyone.

ashwagandha root extract has worked better for me in reducing anxiety and helping sleep.

L-Theanine gives me horrible nightmares