Lat pulldown vs bent over row vs seated cable row

Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Kraken
Would it be useful to add bent-over row (DB or BB) to my routine? Or seated cable row? Seated cable row looks good, maybe I will add it instead of bent-over row. I want to attain V-taper.

Here's the routine. 3 times a week. Increase weights when I can do sets and reps mentioned in the routine.

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
Barbell preacher curl 3 x 12
Hanging leg raises 3 x AMRAP.

@Chinacurry @Blackgymmax @forevergymcelling @germanlooks

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: germanlooks, SubhumanCurrycel and Компенсатор всего
I suck at rows. Dumbell rows and bent over rows. So I never do them. I'm a god at Lat pulldowns. I could max out lat pulldown machines for reps

I suck at rows. Dumbell rows and bent over rows. So I never do them. I'm a god at Lat pulldowns. I could max out lat pulldown machines for reps
arent you on test

Yeah, sure, but sucking at some exercise isn't a reason not to do it. If something, maybe you should do it if you suck at it.

3 times for week? Wtf

yeah its better like way better but you do need a horizontal pulling movement probably a seated row

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and Wallenberg
machine seated row

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
yeah its better like way better but you do need a horizontal pulling movement probably a seated row
Would lat pulldown + seated rows be better than lat pulldown + bent-over row?

machine seated row
I was thinking this

7860136197c34fefe75fb51b34557923.png

• Love it
Reactions: ChristianChad
Would lat pulldown + seated rows be better than lat pulldown + bent-over row?
if your progressing it woudnt matter you can switch between them at any time really i dont like bent over row either but ou cant just avoid a movement you should take your time to master it instead

if your progressing it woudnt matter you can switch between them at any time really i dont like bent over row either but ou cant just avoid a movement you should take your time to master it instead
I haven't said that I don't like bent-over row, it was other user. Seated cable row looks nicer than bent-over rows so I might prefer seated cable rows.

I had a similar gym routine last year, but when the fall came I started to binge eat and rot wtf I was thinking?

I haven't said that I don't like bent-over row, it was other user. Seated cable row looks nicer than bent-over rows so I might prefer seated cable rows.
as long as you progress it dosent matter

• +1
as long as you progress it dosent matter
Would you do seated cable row before or after lat pulldown? And why do you prefer that weird machine instead of seated cable row?

I like to do dropsets on machine seated row, it gives me a nice lat pump if you have a half decent mind muscle connection

90 to failure 80 to failure and 70 to failure x 3 innit

I like to do dropsets on machine seated row, it gives me a nice lat pump if you have a half decent mind muscle connection
What do you think of seated cable row?

Would you do seated cable row before or after lat pulldown? And why do you prefer that weird machine instead of seated cable row?
i do dumbell rows shoulder then lat pull down then i do cable row

Leverage seated row (as I believe it's called) is a machine where the trajectory of the pull is at all times fixed. This means that the distribution of the work load also is fixed every time. This is both a disadvantage (see previous paragraph on cable rows), and an advantage, because there are fewer factors to keep in mind in terms of form. I would put this as an "auxiliary exercise" at the end of the workout, just to get that last minute squeeze and really wear down the muscles in your biceps and upper back. The benefit here is that when you're already weary, form tends to break. This is less of a factor with fixed-trajectory machines.

• +1
What do you think of seated cable row?
its great, certainly not enough for full back routine.

i do deadlifts and T bar row as well, sometimes i do one handle machine row with light asf weight as well to really target lats

• +1
i do dumbell rows shoulder then lat pull down then i do cable row

Leverage seated row (as I believe it's called) is a machine where the trajectory of the pull is at all times fixed. This means that the distribution of the work load also is fixed every time. This is both a disadvantage (see previous paragraph on cable rows), and an advantage, because there are fewer factors to keep in mind in terms of form. I would put this as an "auxiliary exercise" at the end of the workout, just to get that last minute squeeze and really wear down the muscles in your biceps and upper back. The benefit here is that when you're already weary, form tends to break. This is less of a factor with fixed-trajectory machines.
Thanks for the tip anyway, I think I will add seated cable row to my exercise. After lat pulldown. Maybe 3 x 12?

its great, certainly not enough for full back routine.
Bent-over BB/DB row + lat pulldown + seated cable row would be too much or what do you think?

Bent-over BB/DB row + lat pulldown + seated cable row would be too much or what do you think?
id replace bent over row with deadlifts tbh, i get much better lower back activation from deadlifts

and maybe some wide grip pullups for good measure. if you are newbie then those 3 are fine

• +1
id replace bent over row with deadlifts tbh, i get much better lower back activation from deadlifts

and maybe some wide grip pullups for good measure. if you are newbie then those 3 are fine
Adding all 3 would be quite time-consuming. Deadlift is known to cause injuries isn't it? I think I will go with seated cable row. But not decided yet.

Adding all 3 would be quite time-consuming. Deadlift is known to cause injuries isn't it? I think I will go with seated cable row. But not decided yet.
if you are an old man yeah, the fear-mongering on deadlifts are stupid asf, if you have underlying back problems dont do it. if not you'll be fine just learn good form.

if you are a pussy and cant do 3 exersizes on back day, then just do deadlift and seated machine row i guess. (loser)

if you are an old man yeah, the fear-mongering on deadlifts are stupid asf, if you have underlying back problems dont do it. if not you'll be fine just learn good form.

if you are a pussy and cant do 3 exersizes on back day, then just do deadlift and seated machine row i guess. (loser)
I don't have a specific back day, I do 3 times a week full-body workout.

I don't have a specific back day, I do 3 times a week full-body workout.
then do a full body workout, not a bitch workout.

You can always be thinner, look better.

• +1
then do a full body workout, not a bitch workout.

You can always be thinner, look better.
Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12

Seated cable row mogs. Be sure to pull it to your lower abdomen. Lat pulldowns and pull ups don't get your lower lats well, and your lower lats are pivotal to your V-taper.

• +1
Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
i thought you do full body

wheres the legs nigga

Seated cable row mogs. Be sure to pull it to your lower abdomen. Lat pulldowns and pull ups don't get your lower lats well, and your lower lats are pivotal to your V-taper.
Yeah, I will probably go with this one. 3 x week. SCR before or after lat pulldown?

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12

i thought you do full body

wheres the legs nigga
I don't train them right now. Too much time is wasted on a body part that no one cares about. I will add them if I become a gymcel.

I used to squat in the beginning of the workout but not now... or maybe squat on smith machine.

I don't train them right now. Too much time is wasted on a body part that no one cares about. I will add them if I become a gymcel.

I used to squat in the beginning of the workout but not now... or maybe squat on smith machine.
atleast do leg extensions and calf raises holy shit you're a loser

what a low T cuck, too beta to hit legs. They arent as important as upper body but if they are significantly less muscular girls will still notice.

atleast do leg extensions and calf raises holy shit you're a loser

what a low T cuck, too beta to hit legs. They arent as important as upper body but if they are significantly less muscular girls will still notice.
When I'm at a bar, no one looks under the table and sees my legs lol.

Anyway, at some point, I add 4 x 12 squat on the smith machine to my routine; it will be the first exercise.

What do you think, seated cable row before or after lat pulldown?

When I'm at a bar, no one looks under the table and sees my legs lol.

Anyway, at some point, I add 4 x 12 squat on the smith machine to my routine; it will be the first exercise.

i dont talk to sissys who dont do legs

ask someone else

• JFL
Deadlift - 2 × 6
Leg Press - 3 × 10
Incline DB Press - 3 × 10
Close-grip T-bar or Cable Rows - 3 × 10
Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 ×10 (superset)
Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 × 40 (superset)
Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 × 30 (superset)

This is my Wednesday full body day

• +1
Deadlift - 2 × 6
Leg Press - 3 × 10
Incline DB Press - 3 × 10
Close-grip T-bar or Cable Rows - 3 × 10
Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 ×10 (superset)
Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 × 40 (superset)
Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 × 30 (superset)

This is my Wednesday full body day
Oh yeah, I used to do dumbbell shrugs last year. Thanks for mentioning them, maybe I should add them to my routine.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Oh yeah, I used to do dumbbell shrugs last year. Thanks for mentioning them, maybe I should add them to my routine.

I do pull ups instead of pull downs, on monday and friday, they are shown in studies to hit the lats better, while for other muscle groups they are equal. Tbh cable rows are the best when it comes to just isolation of the lats no doubt

• +1
I do pull ups instead of pull downs, on monday and friday, they are shown in studies to hit the lats better, while for other muscle groups they are equal. Tbh cable rows are the best when it comes to just isolation of the lats no doubt
I think it's going to be this:

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12

my favourite back/rear delt exercise are landmine rows with an attachment for additional rom.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Debetro, boss8055 and Wallenberg
Why wtf? 3 times a week is typical for full-body workouts.
You want to hit a muscle with 15-20 sets every week if you’re only doing lay pulldowns 3x a week 3 sets you’re getting in 9 sets a week you need an extra exercise cable bar row vs barbell row doesn’t make much of a difference but at least you’ll get 18 sets per week

• +1
You want to hit a muscle with 15-20 sets every week if you’re only doing lay pulldowns 3x a week 3 sets you’re getting in 9 sets a week you need an extra exercise cable bar row vs barbell row doesn’t make much of a difference but at least you’ll get 18 sets per week
Is this good?

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Erik-Jón
Is this good?

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
Fingols can’t grow muscles you fool,
And it doesn’t seem bad for meer humans but we don’t need muscles my friend

Only beta incel cuck simp faggots don't train legs.

Is this good?

Incline DB bench 3 x 12
Lat pulldown 3 x 12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
OHP 4 x 12
Lat DB raises 4 x 20
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 12
Yea it’s fine

• +1