left eye has more tear trough and hollowness than right

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
also my left ramus is shorter than right. What is my diagnosis? I've been chewing on right side, sleeping on left, so i think its got to do with that and its effected the CCW rotation of my jaw and orbital development on left side.

How do I fix this? I'm thinking to get fillers in eyes and jaw to test it then do a jaw implant and fat graft for under eye.

• JFL
Reactions: UndiagnosedSchizo
some pics of the issue, the 1st pic is my right eye, the 2nd pic is left eye. both taken in same lighting, head position etc.

Attachments

• IMG_9270.jpeg
    IMG_9270.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9271.jpeg
    IMG_9271.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
u sleep on ur left, ofcourse this is gonna happen throughout time, next time sleep without a pillow on ur back. i know its painful but u will get used to it

• JFL
more than likely a result of asymmetric strength in the masseters so you'll wanna address that first to prevent any further asymmetric development.

• JFL
more than likely a result of asymmetric strength in the masseters so you'll wanna address that first to prevent any further asymmetric development.
I have this issue but im sure its because the wisdom teeth on my left side hasnt erupted properly while the one on the right is just fine it makes me assymetrical what to do like get extractions?

I chew more on right side than left so that's probably why lol

I chew more on right side than left so that's probably why lol
that's exactly why. make sure u get hard gum like mastic or falim gum as soon as possible and starting chewing it on the left to prevent further asymmetry from developing.

that's exactly why. make sure u get hard gum like mastic or falim gum as soon as possible and starting chewing it on the left to prevent further asymmetry from developing.
its over im nearly 21. only surgery will fix my lower jaw asymmetries

basically, I've been sleeping on left side with my right shoulder by the neck which caused a tight right neck, which made me tilt my head to compensate

This lead to a bunch of issues like asymmetrical mewing, putting more stress on right masseter and not using left as much. It caused my left canine teeth to go up which I got fixed by braces.

I've sorted the lifestyle issue now but I don't know if it will even fix my asymmetries at this age. I'm going to get BSSO to fix lower jaw

I have this issue but im sure its because the wisdom teeth on my left side hasnt erupted properly while the one on the right is just fine it makes me assymetrical what to do like get extractions?
This is a difficult one to answer without knowing the full scope of your issue. But as you've assessed a situation like yours can lead to jaw asymmetry. problem is removing a tooth on one side can also lead to asymmetry and removing teeth from both can hinder the overall development as well. I suggest talking with an orthodontist about it and ensure you've got a full understanding of your situation and options and make sure that you express your concerns as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24770
This is a difficult one to answer without knowing the full scope of your issue. But as you've assessed a situation like yours can lead to jaw asymmetry. problem is removing a tooth on one side can also lead to asymmetry and removing teeth from both can hinder the overall development as well. I suggest talking with an orthodontist about it and ensure you've got a full understanding of your situation and options and make sure that you express your concerns as well.
yeah they took out 4 pre molars when I was 15/16 I believe.

• +1
Reactions: sozz
its over im nearly 21. only surgery will fix my lower jaw asymmetries

basically, I've been sleeping on left side with my right shoulder by the neck which caused a tight right neck, which made me tilt my head to compensate

This lead to a bunch of issues like asymmetrical mewing, putting more stress on right masseter and not using left as much. It caused my left canine teeth to go up which I got fixed by braces.

I've sorted the lifestyle issue now but I don't know if it will even fix my asymmetries at this age. I'm going to get BSSO to fix lower jaw
yeah in your case that's probably the only option. You will need bimax/lefort I+BSSO as well though, coz im sure your maxilla is tilted akin to your mandible. regardless starting chewing on your left side cause uneven strength of muscles can cause further asymmetry in the jaw and other areas of the body and can potentially revert adjustments made by bimax

yeah in your case that's probably the only option. You will need bimax/lefort I+BSSO as well though, coz im sure your maxilla is tilted akin to your mandible. regardless starting chewing on your left side cause uneven strength of muscles can cause further asymmetry in the jaw and other areas of the body and can potentially revert adjustments made by bimax
Yeah I’m heavily considering BSSO maybe not bimax but I need to consult with a surgeon and get an analysis. I have a very short ramus (3cm), my mandible is not as forward grown as maxilla, probably a genetic thing or ethnicity.

Yeah I’m heavily considering BSSO maybe not bimax but I need to consult with a surgeon and get an analysis. I have a very short ramus (3cm), my mandible is not as forward grown as maxilla, probably a genetic thing or ethnicity.
you will more than likely need you maxilla adjusted/tilted to match your mandible assuming your teeth have normal occlusion now

you will more than likely need you maxilla adjusted/tilted to match your mandible assuming your teeth have normal occlusion now
Ah crap. Do you know the recovery of such surgery and the risks.

Also it’s good I have this asymmetry, atleast I can tell everyone it was for health reasons even tho I’m perfectly fine

Last edited:
Thx, but thats what my new dentist told me. Should I go to an orthodontist for an opinion for that instead

She said i need to have all 4 wisdom extracted even tho my upper ones are fine 100%. I think my maxilla will be completely recessed if i grt those extracted too. And can i dm myself to you

Ah crap. Do you know the recovery of such surgery and the risks.

Also it’s good I have this asymmetry, atleast I can tell everyone it was for health reasons even tho I’m perfectly fine
Recovery time varies between people and the swelling can last a while but the initial healing can take up to 1-2 months.

The surgery has pretty little health risks comparatively speaking and definitely less than you'd think though there are always risks with any kind of invasive surgery. In terms of the risk of getting botched, it depends on your situation for bimax but in the case of yours there is very very little risk of a bad aesthetic result as your main concern is attaining symmetry.

And yeah you can easily argue this for health reasons. saying the asymmetry gave you TMJD as well would definitely do the trick

Thx, but thats what my new dentist told me. Should I go to an orthodontist for an opinion for that instead
She said i need to have all 4 wisdom extracted even tho my upper ones are fine 100%. I think my maxilla will be completely recessed if i grt those extracted too. And can i dm myself to you
definitely speak to the orthodontist about it, let him know you would prefer not to have teeth removed. Im not entirely sure what your options are myself but i can say for certain that an orthodontist will have a much better understanding of how your jaw/teeth are developing and whether or not you need the teeth removed compared to a dentist

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24770
definitely speak to the orthodontist about it, let him know you would prefer not to have teeth removed. Im not entirely sure what your options are myself but i can say for certain that an orthodontist will have a much better understanding of how your jaw/teeth are developing and whether or not you need the teeth removed compared to a dentist
Thank you man! Appreciate it.

• +1
Reactions: sozz
Same under eye support in both most likely just difference in musculature of the lower eyelid due to muscle hypertrophy. The actual cheekbone and lower eyelid transition looks the same it’s just that the bulge is asymmetrical.

Same under eye support in both most likely just difference in musculature of the lower eyelid due to muscle hypertrophy. The actual cheekbone and lower eyelid transition looks the same it’s just that the bulge is asymmetrical.

also when i feel my orbital bones it looks like this. But the tear trough sits under the bone. Would getting infraorbital implants help me in this case. For context when i feel this orbital rim bone it feels like boney, no fat sits onto like in my cheekbones.