Leg Lengthening covered by insurance

User28823

User28823

Kraken
I remember cyborg4life mentioning he got his leg lengthening covered by insurance since he had a leg length discrepancy causing problems.

I ALSO have a leg length discrepancy... my right leg is longer than my left one (not sure if tibia or femur is longer) causing my gait to be bad my entire life which will inevitably cause hip problems in the future and has already fucked up my development.

I would have to discuss with Dr. Paley or an orthopedic surgeon but what are your thoughts... if I want to go for lengthening, would it be possible for insurance to cover at bare minimum the costs of lengthening to catch my left leg up to my right leg (including anesthesia etc.)? Then I would only have to pay the remaining costs of lengthening on the right leg + any extra cms I get on my left leg?

I hear these sort of scenarios for procedures like septorhinoplasty's where the septoplasty is medically necessary and covered but the rhinoplasty is additional cost, but at least the septoplasty covers the cost of the anesthesia etc. for the cosmetic rhinoplasty.

• JFL
Reactions: Krakowski
Look up the symptoms of serious discrepancies and “make sure you have them”

• +1
Reactions: User28823
I think I have this too, FUCK!

My left leg is 6'4, maybe I qualify too