Lens distortion - I don't buy this whole "take the picture from 2 meters away br0" crap

D

Deleted member 1862

Obviously lens distortion exists and obviously it's very pronounced at very close distances, but I refuse to accept that how you look in a photo almost 2 meters away is how you actually look jfl.

This feels like a huge cope that long midface-cels use to feel better

Keeping the camera at a reasonable distance (arms length of selfie stick, shoutout @Lorsss) is much more reasonable

Prove me wrong if you can

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24789, datboijj, Deleted member 11406 and 4 others
Obviously lens distortion exists and obviously it's very pronounced at very close distances, but I refuse to accept that how you look in a photo almost 2 meters away is how you actually look jfl.

Keeping the camera at a reasonable distance (arms length of selfie stick, shoutout @Lorsss) is much more reasonable

fuck u for ruining me day

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex and Deleted member 1862
it is what it is

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 1862
it is what it is
200.gif

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Indeed, now that my brain is attuned to the reversed image, selfies from arm's length look more or less the same as how I look in the mirror.

Muh lens distortion exists but it's a big cope for subhumans

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj and Deleted member 1862
It's true. And I'm saying that as someone who wishes I'd look in the mirror the way I do at an arms length distance. I don't. I'm better represented at a 2m distance than at an arms distance, even though I look BETTER at an arms distance.

Lens dist is real bruh if you don't get it learn more about cameras or something idk man. You will always look better in good quality camera's ( atleast relative to your phone camera )

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Baldingman1998

SmartSelect 20200926 172317 Samsung Internet
GGnDV2U

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5521, ezio6, datboijj and 5 others
It's true. And I'm saying that as someone who wishes I'd look in the mirror the way I do at an arms length distance. I don't. I'm better represented at a 2m distance than at an arms distance, even though I look BETTER at an arms distance.
this makes no sense

how I or most people look in the mirror is NOT how they look 2 meters away on a phone camera jfl

you're practically agreeing with me

You blind nigga?
you used photos taken much closer than arms length to try to prove me wrong? How short do you think these 6ft3 + slayers wingspans are?

are you a retarded t-rex?

Lens dist is real bruh if you don't get it learn more about cameras or something idk man. You will always look better in good quality camera's ( atleast relative to your phone camera )
this is not what's up for debate jfl

lens distortion is real but it's gigacope to assume that how you look 2 meters away (that's far as fuck) is how you look irl & no something closer to arms length. Especially if you have a newish iphone with a decent camera.

Meeks still looks PSL 7+ but Chico and Gandy get absolutely butchered lmao.
chico is stupidly close to the camera & gandy's photo was taken on a 2010 macbook over skype with 10kb download speed in the euro tunnel

this is not what's up for debate jfl

lens distortion is real but it's gigacope to assume that how you look 2 meters away (that's far as fuck) is how you look irl & no something closer to arms length. Especially if you have a newish iphone with a decent camera.
Even at arm's length there is lens distortion.

Even at arm's length there is lens distortion.

2 meters is obviously, OBVIOUSLY not how you look jfl

i agree with you that a better camera/ lens is necessary

Its physics. Camera is just a single lens that makes a 2d picture of you. While your eyes are 2, spaced apart, and gives you a 3d vision. Of course it's not the same. Cameras inherently will never be the same as eyes, but computer assisted cameras will, especially when taken from multiple angles. It's basic logic.