Lentils and seeds like sesame, good for lean bulking?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Just saw how cheap these stuff are jfl, is lentils and sesame healthy? Sverige said that seeds are poison

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com, SkinjobCatastrophe and 1 other person
lentils are good source of protein, fibre and minerals without being many calories

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709, Satcitananda and TsarTsar444
lentils are good source of protein, fibre and minerals without being many calories
Not just that but like 400g of them is 40 cents jfl, 105g of protein in those 400g which is insane.

What about sesame seeds, are they healthy to eat a lot

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Deleted member 1476
Neither are optimal if you have access to better alternatives.

Sesame too high in polyunsaturated fats which interfere with glucose oxidation, are estrogenic, slow thyroid function/metabolism.

Lentils have high phosphorus which becomes a problem if you don't have good calcium intake and sunlight/vit d.

• Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Not just that but like 400g of them is 40 cents jfl, 105g of protein in those 400g which is insane.

What about sesame seeds, are they healthy to eat a lot
yes but high in omega 6

Neither are optimal if you have access to better alternatives.

Sesame too high in polyunsaturated fats which interfere with glucose oxidation, are estrogenic, slow thyroid function/metabolism.

Lentils have high phosphorus which becomes a problem if you don't have good calcium intake and sunlight/vit d.
How are polyunsaturated fats estrogenic? Also what is glucose oxidation? And how the hell do they slow metabolism, i mean this isn't really super bad for me cause i have a bad appetite so eating less is ok jfl

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Ocelot
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Deleted member 1476
Of course they are.
Sverige is a subhuman with mental illness who just eat raw meat

Just saw how cheap these stuff are jfl, is lentils and sesame healthy? Sverige said that seeds are poison
Seeds can be good if prepared correctly, search up how to refine a carbohydrate so you can remove the phytic content from the seed

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and TsarTsar444
Beans are one of the most healthy and cheap foods out there, they are a good source of macros (proteins and carbs) and some important micro nutrients for muscle development such as iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium, distrust anyone that tells you that beans are poison or that they are bad for bodybuilding. The only two bad thing about beans are:

1-) Some people become too gassy after eating them.
2-) They take some time to prepare (soak them in water the night before, then boil with spices and smoked meat for an hour or two)

Still, i believe they are the most efficient group of food in terms of price/nutrition.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11292
Yeah its good, there is no single food thats better than others you just need to pick out what you want and what has all the right nutrients. Brown rice, oatmeal, stuff like that is good. But lentils just like a lot of things have a bunch of carbs and you can eat like 100 carbs worth pretty easily and that would probably mess with your attempt at losing weight or staying lean while adding muscle.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Ocelot
Seeds can be good if prepared correctly, search up how to refine a carbohydrate so you can remove the phytic content from the seed
Sesame seeds are mostly fat, not carbs

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ItsOver.com
How are polyunsaturated fats estrogenic? Also what is glucose oxidation? And how the hell do they slow metabolism, i mean this isn't really super bad for me cause i have a bad appetite so eating less is ok jfl
Polyunsaturated fat's unstable structure makes them more vulnerable to free radicals, oxygen and heat, which then starts a chain reaction causing cellular inflammation and aging, thus preventing cells from producing energy.

I suggest you read these sites i linked below for more detailed explanation about polyunsaturated fats.

• +1
Polyunsaturated fat's unstable structure makes them more vulnerable to free radicals, oxygen and heat, which then starts a chain reaction causing cellular inflammation and aging, thus preventing cells from producing energy.

I suggest you read these sites i linked below for more detailed explanation about polyunsaturated fats.

Im poor so all those seeds sound extremely great for me, lots of protein and calories for extremely cheap

Also if you eat them raw it shouldn't cause problems? What about tahini?

• +1
  • Love it
Im poor so all those seeds sound extremely great for me, lots of protein and calories for extremely cheap

Also if you eat them raw it shouldn't cause problems? What about tahini?
Chickpeas, lentils and beans are okay to consume, they are slightly estrogenic but not in the bad way like polyunsaturated fats.

Human blood is warm enough to make even raw polyunsaturated fats not ideal to consume.

• +1
Chickpeas, lentils and beans are okay to consume, they are slightly estrogenic but not in the bad way like polyunsaturated fats.

Human blood is warm enough to make even raw polyunsaturated fats not ideal to consume.
Btw how do i handle the fibers in lentils? I have Ulcerative Colitis and have big problems with fiber. Any advice on this?

• +1
  • Love it
Btw how do i handle the fibers in lentils? I have Ulcerative Colitis and have big problems with fiber. Any advice on this?
Doesn't it makes sense to avoid legumes then to avoid causing further gut issues?

If you want to eat them, maybe sprout them. Tbh I don't see why you would eat them if you have access to good quality milk, potatoes and fruits/honey.

Doesn't it makes sense to avoid legumes then to avoid causing further gut issues?

If you want to eat them, maybe sprout them. Tbh I don't see why you would eat them if you have access to good quality milk, potatoes and fruits/honey.
Can't drink milk anymore cause Ulcerative Colitis has made me lactose intolerant somehow which sucks and feel very cucked cause my food culture is based on diary and i drank milk since a baby until 2 months ago...

Potatoes and fruit don't have protein like legumes (i already eat chicken, peanut butter, rice, vegetables and fruit)

• +1
  • Love it
Can't drink milk anymore cause Ulcerative Colitis has made me lactose intolerant somehow which sucks and feel very cucked cause my food culture is based on diary and i drank milk since a baby until 2 months ago...

Potatoes and fruit don't have protein like legumes (i already eat chicken, peanut butter, rice, vegetables and fruit)
The protein in potatoes is actually superior to lentils if you consider how much of it is bioavailable and because potatoes and fruits have keto acids that can be turned into amino acids.

Maybe try fermented dairy? Yoghurt, cheese, sour milk?