Lifting from a powerlifting prospective

StuffedFrog

StuffedFrog

Kraken
to get food out of the way it really does not matter as long as the majority of it is mostly clean Jamal Browner eats skittles when dead lifting and packets of tiny blueberry muffins and a vast majority of power-lifters will eat pop-tarts and chocolate fair life this does not stifle their gains

a typical power lifter diet is more like this top powerlifters coaches diet

before anyone says powerlifting is a waste of time and you might just end up fat heres some physiques

powerlifters are fat to maximize their height with the taller you are the more weight you need to be at for the readers reading this your not competing you do not need to be at a weight with extra bf
ok now into training for my entire power lifting career it was mostly 1 - 5 sets and at most 12 reps on the main exercises that being bench squat and deadlift the deadlift might seen scary but we will get into tricks into doing it

i was doing benching 4 - 5 days and i had no issue with it
however because of this high frequency you put a lot of stress on your rotator cuff
that is why most power-lifting coaches will avoid the over head press exercise and go for the lateral raises and a really good exercise to avoid injury the cable face pull

cable face pulls will help your shoulder get more resistant to injury if you plan to bench all the time it is good to alternate between race pulls and lateral raises

ALL BENCHING SHOULD BE PAUSED FOR 1 AT LEAST ONE SECOND AT THE BOTTOM THIS IS VERY CRITICAL AND I WILL BREAK YOUR LEGS IF I DO NOT SEE A PAUSE

a typical bench focused day would be

heavy single on a bench followed
3 x 5 - 7 bench
3 x 12 db bench (this will turn into close grip on alternating days)
3 x 12 machine preacher curl or db curls
3 x 12 cable rope face pulls or lateral raises

SQUATTING

this is going to be really short since squatting is the most basic ass exercise imaginable

2 to 3 times is really just fine and the majority of people should just stick to twice a day just for time management if making their own program

DEADLIFT

Where the pussys come out

i highly recommend that if you have trouble dead-lifting deficit dead-lifts are for you

A Deficit Deadlift is any type of Deadlift where the lifter is elevated and the weight still starts from the floor. This difference creates an increased range of motion.It places the athlete at a disadvantage, making the Deadlift harder and consequently making you better

Defifict-deadlift.gif

substituting regular deadlifts for deficits deadlifts periodically will re wire how you deadlift making for more cleaner more efficient pulls

my personal favorite programs

candito 6 week godly program if you can pick just one program to run this is it

nsuns is fun and simple to follow

if you really want to get into powerlifting Jamal intermediate 12 week programs are good to but they will push you will make a lot of strength gains and size on it but have to be dedicated to the program

@Arborist

Attachments

• 2072082_IMG_20201009_164652078.jpg
    2072082_IMG_20201009_164652078.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3104895_1665022543271.png
    3104895_1665022543271.png
    664.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 2969, Sexually Disabled and 1 other person
these are good simple routines, although the websites are a bit cluttered.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Orc
high tier frame.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and thecel
Train the big 3. This is water. Don't eat like a powerlifter tho. Progressive overload weight but BEING LEAN + MUSCULAR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CHASING A 3 PLATE BENCH OR HITTING NEW PRs

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Train the big 3. This is water. Don't eat like a powerlifter tho. Progressive overload weight but BEING LEAN + MUSCULAR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CHASING A 3 PLATE BENCH OR HITTING NEW PRs
not water alot of people advice against it chasing a 3 bench plate would get you muscular

Your gains can be made in 5 weeks with a regular workout schedule

Like I said before, gymcels are making lifting weights to be some super complex thing than it actually is; to stroke their ego.

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel and TrestIsBest
  • JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
Your gains can be made in 5 weeks with a regular workout schedule

Like I said before, gymcels are making lifting weights to be some super complex thing than it actually is; to stroke their ego.
Not in five weeks not without peds it’s not complex at all people just get confused by the amount of bull shit out there it’s a long strenuous process that takes dedication

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday