Lifting gains are damn slow

FatmanO

FatmanO

Gymmaxxer
Anyone else getting gains slow?

And yeah, when I ask for advice, I get the ''lift more and eat more protein''

Anyway, a bit of rant, lifting is damn slow. Lifting for 6months and still skinnyfat

What is your diet like
What's you're routine like
How much do you sleep

I'll help you get where you need to be

get a video of u doing your compound lifts. most people think they are training hard but they are just going through the motions

This nigga’s coping really hard with gymcelling lol

• +1
Reactions: dodt, StudyHacks and androidcel
What is your diet like
What's you're routine like
How much do you sleep

I'll help you get where you need to be

I do westside for skinny bastards 4x a week (1x Upper Body strenght, 1x Lower Body strenght 2x Volume Upper body, can send my program.

My diet consists of fruit, some meat (need to start counting protein again but Im sure I do hit a fair amount atleast 80g-100g)
I get 7-8hours of sleep
get a video of u doing your compound lifts. most people think they are training hard but they are just going through the motions
So I might be just doing bad form?

It might be your genetics too, its pretty unlikely but it might be case tbh

I'm still waiting on that new fortnite video :feelsahh:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470, FatmanO, SHARK and 2 others
My diet consists of fruit, some meat (need to start counting protein again but Im sure I do hit a fair amount atleast 80g-100g)
I get 7-8hours of sleep
80-100g is pretty low tbh. I recently calculated my protein requirement for losing bodyfat and I needed 150g. You would definitely need more since you're taller.

Get your T levels checked

Also drink more water

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
80-100g is pretty low tbh. I recently calculated my protein requirement for losing bodyfat and I needed 150g. You would definitely need more since you're taller.
How much protein would I need? Perhaps that explains my slow muscle growth.

do westside for skinny bastards 4x a week (1x Upper Body strenght, 1x Lower Body strenght 2x Volume Upper body, can send my program.

I get 7-8hours of sleep
Yeah send me the thing. After 6 months u should be doing a split like I am tho.

You need to eat more carbs if you want size. Also 1 g protein / lb of ur body. Ex: 200 g for me since I'm just over 200 lbs

Get protein powder, and take it with creatine, and drink 1 gal of water a day

Also drink more water
I had them checked when I was prefat loss and I dont think they were horrible, might not be my genetics
Might be my lack of protein aswell
Yeah send me the thing. After 6 months u should be doing a split like I am tho.

You need to eat more carbs if you want size. Also 1 g protein / lb of ur body. Ex: 200 g for me since I'm just over 200 lbs
Alright, I see, what now that I missed eating the protein? I already eat carbs but I figured in these 6months my gains slowed not cause of lifting but cause of not eating enough protein, is there nothing I can do about that? Also can you PM me your email to send you the program?

Also drink more water
Also why water?

What's your weight? And what's your goal? I'm not a gymcel but whenever I went to the gym I always experienced gains/losses whatever I wanted pretty consistently so I guess my approach was not bad.

Why didn't you look up basic bodybuilding principles before you even started lifting, did you think that you will gain muscle if you just lift and continue your anorexiamaxxing diet you did during your weight loss?

• +1
Why didn't you look up basic bodybuilding principles before you even started lifting? Did you think that you will gain muscle if you just lift and continue your anorexiamaxxing diet you did during your weight loss?
I did eat, just was told 100g of protein is enoug. I still got muscle, just below average.

Of course I knew protein was important, just did not though more than 120g was needed EDIT: I did gain 24pounds, just fat tho. Thats bassicly one half pound per week as broscience said its good.

Alright, I see, what now that I missed eating the protein? I already eat carbs but I figured in these 6months my gains slowed not cause of lifting but cause of not eating enough protein, is there nothing I can do about that? Also can you PM me your email to send you the program?
See my edited post above. Also yes you need higher protein and carbs. I'll send u my diet if u want. Also send the program to snap

I did eat, just was told 100g of protein is enoug. I still got muscle, just below average.

Of course I knew protein was important, just did not though more than 120g was needed
So you didn't research?

Impossible. I eat 50 g of protein a day and I look like this.

Attachments

• 6J5cygV (1).jpg
    6J5cygV (1).jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 50
  • AGtJHfg.jpg
    AGtJHfg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 58
Hey man what are your stats btw. Also pay for my shill I mean ascension program :D
what do you wanna know? Also pm me paypal link

• +1
Hey man what are your stats btw. Also pay for my shill I mean ascension program :D
its fun when u go to the gym with the intention of ogremaxing gives u motivation :feelshmm:

• +1
what do you wanna know? Also pm me paypal link
Height weight bodyfat program etc
its fun when u go to the gym with the intention of ogremaxing gives u motivation :feelshmm:
That's my life Tony. My life revolves around hitting my macros and going to the gym to film my giant frame

That's my life Tony. My life revolves around hitting my macros and going to the gym to film my giant frame
the usual ogre dumbbell exercises

• +1
I do westside for skinny bastards 4x a week (1x Upper Body strenght, 1x Lower Body strenght 2x Volume Upper body, can send my program.

I get 7-8hours of sleep

So I might be just doing bad form?
not ur form but effort, i heard plenty of people talking about how hard they work but then i workout with them and they are pathetic.

Also what specific compound excerise are in that program? (excerise selection is a key part in determining what type of physique you will get)

I am trying to lose bodyfat. I need more protein since I need to eat and I can't just eat carbs. OP is trying to build muscle imo. He needs protein too. Once you reach your desired goal you don't need to eat a lot of protein to maintain it. Our cases aren't similar. If I eat just 50g protein then I'd need to eat carbs or else I would starve.

not ur form but effort, i heard plenty of people talking about how hard they work but then i workout with them and they are pathetic.

Also what specific compound excerise are in that program? (excerise selection is a key part in determining what type of physique you will get)
the compounds I remember are incline bench presss, incline dumbbelll, now rowing once a week. Otherwise I do OHP etc. Which I would say have gained in size, which Ill send you a pic, but no where as imagined.
Yes to mantain, not to gain
So you didn't research?
I researched, picked a lot of info and choose the wrong info. Of course I informed myself tho, just wrongly.

the compounds I remember are incline bench presss, incline dumbbelll, now rowing once a week. Otherwise I do OHP etc. Which I would say have gained in size, which Ill send you a pic, but no where as imagined.

I researched, picked a lot of info and choose the wrong info. Of course I informed myself tho, just wrongly.
is your goal muscle or strenght?

remind again what your goal was. is it to gain overall mass like a powerlifter, male model physique, bodybuilder?

excerise selection is a key part in determining what type of physique you will get
That's fairly true. Many exercises do the same thing for the body and will result in the same physique

xD I've steadily been gaining muscle all over the place brah. Just saying. I can make a video for ya if you want. My back is fucking wide as fuck. I can do 10 consecutive pull ups with 25kg attached to me. I am 10% bodyfat rigth now. I squat 140 kg 3x ass to grass. I have been training MMA for 3 years. I think I know what I'm doing. I'll help ya if you need help, just PM

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
yea
That's fairly true. Many exercises do the same thing for the body and will result in the same physique
but he’s on a powerlifter type of program it seems like. that west side program is if u wanna look like a ogre like alphadestiny or a guy with muscle mass but no definition.

even though his excerise selection is good, his rep range and volume is geared towards strength training prob based off that program

• +1
Take steroids for fast results.

yea

but he’s on a powerlifter type of program it seems like. that west side program is if u wanna look like a ogre like alphadestiny or a guy with muscle mass but no definition.

even though his excerise selection is good, his rep range and volume is geared towards strength training prob based off that program
I agree. He should be on a split rn

yea

but he’s on a powerlifter type of program it seems like. that west side program is if u wanna look like a ogre like alphadestiny or a guy with muscle mass but no definition
I thought it was aesthetic program for people who do sport on the side? I have body of powerlifter, but I dont do powerlifting exercises like squats. Maybe I look ok in clothes but no definition for sure.

I did ICF 5X5 for 1 month and coudnt recover
Take steroids for fast results.
I can't my body is developing and it would shut my permament test production. Also make me more ugly looking and bald

@ZUZZCEL recommended me that aswell tho, but its just not that time yet

I think its not ur protein tbh, imo its more likely you aren't;

a, doing correct range of motion
b, doing correct form for proper load on target muscle group
c, dont go hard enough, as in you don't log ur weights and prioritise progressive overload on your key lifts on weekly basis
d, don't have optimal training split
e, don't eat enough calories
f, have hormonal imbalances due to other medical condition that leads you have less T than you're genetically inclined, so less gains
g, you have BDD and you're expecting too much change in too little amount of time, creating distorted self-image

im not sure whats true or not of the things i listed, but some of them are probably

I think 100g protein should be definitely enough for the height/weight/condition you're in for growth and I think anything I listed above is more likely to be the case.

• +1
Reactions: Phad
I think its not ur protein tbh, imo its more likely you aren't;

a, doing correct range of motion
b, doing correct form for proper load on target muscle group
c, dont go hard enough, as in you don't log ur weights and prioritise progressive overload on your key lifts on weekly basis
d, don't have optimal training split
e, don't eat enough calories
f, have hormonal imbalances due to other medical condition that leads you have less T than you're genetically inclined, so less gains
g, you have BDD and you're expecting too much change in too little amount of time, creating distorted self-image

im not sure whats true or not of the things i listed, but some of them are probably

I think 100g protein should be definitely enough for the height/weight/condition you're in for growth and I think anything I listed above is more likely to be the case.

Might be a mix of a,d,g (I made progress but below avg) also F due to being fat so maybe bad distribution.

So you mean 100g would ahve been enough?

dont go hard enough, as in you don't log ur weights and prioritise progressive overload on your key lifts on weekly basis
He sent me his spreadsheet. Also his routine isn't the best

He sent me his spreadsheet. Also his routine isn't the best
So I didnt go hard enough + program and its not the protein?

I see, send me the split and ill do it tbh!

Can you send it to me too?

No I mean u r showing good progress so he's wrong bout that point, but yeah the routine isn't the best for building an aesthetic physique

I've tried a lot of splits and I like push/pull/leg by far tbh. Gave me most consistent results in power & gains aswell

Monday: chest Tuesday: leg Wednesday: back repeat, do core whenever u want, ps i was too lazy to do the back and legs part of the split but just chnage the compounds and isolations with the corresponding body parts

Monday:

Incline Bench- Set 1, 65% of 1 rpm, 5 reps

Set 2, 70% of 1 rpm, 5 reps

Set 3, 70% of 1 rpm, dropset with 65% of 1 rpm with amrap

Dumbbell incline bench press- any weight u can do 8-12 reps for 3 sets

dumbbell or cable flies- 3 sets and a dropset on the final set

Barbell Shoulder Press-Set 1, 70% of 1 rpm

Set 2 , 70% of 1 rpm

Set 3, 70% of 1 rpm

Side lateral raises- the philosophy for side delts for me is different cuz once i get a pump i can’t stop so instead i limit myself to 10 minutes for side shoulders and take minimal rest and do as many reps as possible

Close grip bench- weight in which u can do 8-12 reps 2 sets

tricep cable extensions- same philosophy as side shoulders

• +1
Reactions: FatmanO
its almost certainly his genetics. He is prob trying hard enough and eating fine

Monday: chest Tuesday: leg Wednesday: back repeat, do core whenever u want, ps i was too lazy to do the back and legs part of the split but just chnage the compounds and isolations with the corresponding body parts

Monday:

Incline Bench- Set 1, 65% of 1 rpm, 5 reps

Set 2, 70% of 1 rpm, 5 reps

Set 3, 70% of 1 rpm, dropset with 65% of 1 rpm with amrap

Dumbbell incline bench press- any weight u can do 8-12 reps for 3 sets

dumbbell or cable flies- 3 sets and a dropset on the final set

Barbell Shoulder Press-Set 1, 70% of 1 rpm

Set 2 , 70% of 1 rpm

Set 3, 70% of 1 rpm

Side lateral raises- the philosophy for side delts for me is different cuz once i get a pump i can’t stop so instead i limit myself to 10 minutes for side shoulders and take minimal rest and do as many reps as possible

Close grip bench- weight in which u can do 8-12 reps 2 sets

tricep cable extensions- same philosophy as side shoulders
How jacked are you?

its almost certainly his genetics. He is prob trying hard enough and eating fine
I hope so, I mean I did do my newbie gains but this is how I end up like this really

Either thaf or its missing out 20-40g of protein. I was fat before tho so would make sense

@FatmanO post a pic of your goal physique.

Something realistic that you think you want to look like.