London real estate is a mess

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
The cost of a terraced 2 bhk apartment is higher than many mansions in the north. The rent for a studio apartment is so high that you might as well commute 3-4 hours if you want save up any money after your salary. Overall only live in London if you are a millionaire, have ancestral properties or have a steady and large source of passive income. If you are salaried employee and don't have boatloads of cash, don't even think about raising your family in london. Absolutely brutal. The city is only a playground for the elites @SecularIslamist @heightmaxxing @EverythingMattersCel @try2beme @forevergymcelling

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, The Grinch, heightmaxxing and 9 others
2 bedroom houses in my area start at one million £

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Chadeep, The Grinch, looksmaxxing223 and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Gaia262, try2beme and 2 others
@optimisticzoomer @PROMETHEUS

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS and iloveboobs
average house in the netherlands (cardboard box) costs like 400k.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, DarkAscender, iloveboobs and 1 other person
average house in the netherlands (cardboard box) costs like 400k.
That's seriously a lot when you consider the average pay in Netherlands is 45k. 12-15 years just to have your own house. Assuming you somehow managed to live in a hole and saved a majority chunk of your salary.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and iloveboobs
The cost of a terraced 2 bhk apartment is higher than many mansions in the north. The rent for a studio apartment is so high that you might as well commute 3-4 hours if you want save up any money after your salary. Overall only live in London if you are a millionaire, have ancestral properties or have a steady and large source of passive income. If you are salaried employee and don't have boatloads of cash, don't even think about raising your family in london. Absolutely brutal. The city is only a playground for the elites @SecularIslamist @heightmaxxing @EverythingMattersCel @try2beme @forevergymcelling
I always knew this. Its the south in general. Compare the prices of somewhere like Tower Hamlets (which isn't even a nice area) to Middlesbrough (which also isn't a nice area) but it's like 20x the price.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, iloveboobs and Jason Voorhees
Yeah once my parents make me move out I'll probably just go to the cheapest towns in the country and work part time

• +1
Reactions: iloveboobs
It's getting just as bad in the major cities up north like Manchester also

A decent 1-bed apartment will cost you £1k

This was just like £500 7yrs ago – a price hike you wouldn't expect given the number of new rise apartments that are constantly getting built

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, MA_ascender, SecularIslamist and 1 other person
It's getting just as bad in the major cities up north like Manchester also

A decent 1-bed apartment will cost you £1k

This was just like £500 7yrs ago – a price hike you wouldn't expect given the number of new rise apartments that are constantly getting built
Manchester is a bubble but nearby areas you can probably get that at 1/3 if the price.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Jason Voorhees and PROMETHEUS
the housing market is a complete shithole in the US currently

unless u wanna live in the ghetto or middle of no where

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
the housing market is a complete shithole in the US currently

unless u wanna live in the ghetto or middle of no where
In NYC, Chicago,Seattle, Miami and LA yes. Almost just as bad as London but outside of these cities it's alright. You can get a pretty good property in Austin Texas for example. @TechnoBoss @ChadL1te

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te and TechnoBoss
In NYC, Chicago,Seattle, Miami and LA yes. Almost just as bad as London but outside of these cities it's alright. You can get a pretty good property in Austin Texas for example. @TechnoBoss @ChadL1te
Texas and Florida are still options if you want to find somewhere affordable. NYC is kind of crazy with the rental prices now & even shit locations like the Bronx are getting very expensive.

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te
Texas and Florida are still options if you want to find somewhere affordable. NYC is kind of crazy with the rental prices now & even shit locations like the Bronx are getting very expensive.
houses 4 years ago in these locations - even where i live where I would EASILY be able to buy a home rn for, have 2x-3x in price

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and TechnoBoss
houses 4 years ago in these locations - even where i live where I would EASILY be able to buy a home rn for, have 2x-3x in price

Just get married to a mormon and live in a farm in Idaho theory

• +1
Reactions: User28823
NYC is bonkers rn, the most shithole locations and houses are absurdly priced and food and drink is nuts bro.

Avg cocktail is 15$+ now

• +1
Just get married to a morman and live in a farm in Idaho theory
kind of based

- get a nice cheap house with a lot of land
- quiet
- wife cooks me food homemade and farm grown food instead of buying goyslop
- escape materialism

• +1
kind of based