Long time gym maxxers, how much easier is lifting for maintenance?

EdouardManlet

EdouardManlet

Ethnic = Dethnic
Lets say I keep hitting the gym, progressively increasing the weights for the next 2 years and at the end of that period I'm at a size I would like to stay even if my genetics is able to take me a little further if I tried.

So I stop trying to lift heavier and settle in to a set group of weights that I lift for the rest of my life.

Does it get easier? Do I need to go to the gym for a shorter time since it won't feel as strenuous?

Also heard that muscles get more efficient the more you do the same thing, so really you'd want to get slightler larger than ideal and then try to maintain that as you will naturally shrink slightly.

Also to the guys who are going to post something along the lines of "you'll never do that, you'll always want to be bigger", I don't think so, I'm only 5'7 so my most aesthetic size will likely be below my genetic limit.

I'm only 5'7
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

• JFL
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Mantainance volume is far lower, you still need intensity to signal your body that the muscle is needed

depend on how much muscle you have, its very easy to maintain lean muscular looks,
i think its harder if you have roided body looks

depend on how much muscle you have, its very easy to maintain lean muscular looks,
i think its harder if you have roided body looks
Is maintaining a lot easier than gaining then?