Looking for some advice.

Realmadrid20

Realmadrid20

Iron
Hey guys, I just got back from a consult with an oral surgeon. We decided on doing a sliding genioplasty for aesthetic reasons but he only wants to do a 6 mm advancement. I feel like that isn’t very much. Do you guys think 6 mm would make a difference or should I ask for more?
55F37416 D1E7 4F0F 8094 7C5E3762DF0D

Wtf? 6mm is gigantic.

Also, it's jaw surgery that you need if you want to do any surgery, your mandible size is fine it's just setback.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Hey guys, I just got back from a consult with an oral surgeon. We decided on doing a sliding genioplasty for aesthetic reasons but he only wants to do a 6 mm advancement. I feel like that isn’t very much. Do you guys think 6 mm would make a difference or should I ask for more?View attachment 144035
I don't want to interfere with your surgery plans, but if I were in your shoes I'd choose a double jaw surgery or try the facepuller first, infact your chin is not recessed, your jaws are

I don't want to interfere with your surgery plans, but if I were in your shoes I'd choose a double jaw surgery or try the facepuller first, infact your chin is not recessed, your jaws are
double jaw is so much more expensive though, brutal...

I think I'm in the same boat as op

double jaw is so much more expensive though, brutal...

I think I'm in the same boat as op
the DIY facepuller costs less than 100 dollars

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
Wtf? 6mm is gigantic.

Also, it's jaw surgery that you need if you want to do any surgery, your mandible size is fine it's just setback.
I want to do DJS but I feel that the recovery for DJS is very tough. I honestly don’t think any surgeon in the US would even consider me as a candidate for DJS.

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
I want to do DJS but I feel that the recovery for DJS is very tough. I honestly don’t think any surgeon in the US would even consider me as a candidate for DJS.

As said before, you could maybe try the DIY maxilla facepuller? If it actually works, the benefits are actually betters than DJS because it move the whole maxilla

Do you
Do you think it would look off if I got a genioplasty instead of DJS? I want to improve aesthetically and I know DJS is the best for that but I think it would be hard to find a surgeon willing to do it for me.

Have you posted on JSF for an opinion?

Have you posted on JSF for an opinion?
I haven’t. I’ll post over there as well and see what they think.
As said before, you could maybe try the DIY maxilla facepuller? If it actually works, the benefits are actually betters than DJS because it move the whole maxilla
Is it legit? I’m a little scared to try it tbh.

I haven’t. I’ll post over there as well and see what they think.

Is it legit? I’m a little scared to try it tbh.

We don't have any concrete evidence yet that this works, but logic tells me that yes, also the intraoral appliance doesn't touch the teeth, so that should eliminate the risks overall.