Looking for the name of the surgery that pulls the lower jaw (mandible) forward without breaking it

Overbiter

Overbiter

Iron
As far as I know with BSSO (see GIF) they break the lower jaw in half and pull the front part forward. However, the part at the back stays in place. I think my jaw isn't too short but that it's recessed (overjet 6mm). When i force my mandible forward so it aligns with the upper jaw it looks noticeably better and gives me definition. I'm afraid that with BSSO the back part of the jaw would still look undefined. Is there a surgery that only pulls the lower jaw forward without breaking it? Kind Regards.

surgery jaw GIF

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
IMDO

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Baldingman1998
having a horizontally shorter middle back part of the jaw is good imo look at jeremy meeks

isnt imdo's cut narrower than bsso?
paul said some stupid shit about muh 3d augmentation and honestly i dont fucking see it
OP should get a deeper cut of bsso on the ramus

the thing is jutting isnt surgery, cause you move with your ramus too (the whole angle changes and the ramus seems to rise). the only thing that does not cut the bone and allows a greater movement is IMDO, which theoretically forms a new bone in all directions, because it works as distraction osteogenesis and the whole process takes several months and is done only in young patients. BSSO is purely a split cut and the whole bone is held only on the plates with screws and practically does not heal.

IDK if the cut at ramus that youre talking about, isfeasible because I have never seen a results or xray from the method

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Baldingman1998 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
the thing is jutting isnt surgery, cause you move with your ramus too (the whole angle changes and the ramus seems to rise). the only thing that does not cut the bone and allows a greater movement is IMDO, which theoretically forms a new bone in all directions, because it works as distraction osteogenesis and the whole process takes several months and is done only in young patients. BSSO is purely a split cut and the whole bone is held only on the plates with screws and practically does not heal.

IDK if the cut at ramus that youre talking about, isfeasible because I have never seen a results or xray from the method
why don't they do imdo in adults?

from what i can perceive spatially, the difference is imdo keeps your mid mandible areas thickness/width. while bsso the bone is split and stretched out. imo thats actually better since it makes your chin looks bigger comparatively
there is cut vetical ramus cut think its actually the prototype bsso cut

As far as I know with BSSO (see GIF) they break the lower jaw in half and pull the front part forward. However, the part at the back stays in place. I think my jaw isn't too short but that it's recessed (overjet 6mm). When i force my mandible forward so it aligns with the upper jaw it looks noticeably better and gives me definition. I'm afraid that with BSSO the back part of the jaw would still look undefined. Is there a surgery that only pulls the lower jaw forward without breaking it? Kind Regards.

surgery jaw GIF
That surgery doesn’t exist. It’s just a concept.

Edit: ah damn other users already answered.

Well the split of the mandible in That area is called bsso. Billateral sagittal split osteotomy

Last edited:

Is that a bad thing, will it lead to instability later in life? I have a class ll overbite with maloclussion on one side so my lower jaw is set back. I dont think i can get IMDO here. What i don't understand is, how does BSSO help with sleep apnea, TMJ or arthrosis (later in life)? If the airways are blocked because the lower jaw is too far backwards, but the surgery splits it in half and only pulls the front part forward, then the back part will stay where it was before.

unterkieferverlagerung-muenchen-mkg-arabellapark.jpg

I love this woman and didn't know Egyptians can be this beautiful. I understand that the same surgery she had is recommended for my case? Originally I wanted to fix the overbite with braces (Invisalign) but i found out that it only pulls the front teeth backward and lower teeth forward. I'm afraid it will give me an even worse profile since I have a large nose.

But what do you think of Herbst-Braces that only work on the lower jaw? Or should i get this BSSO surgery? My overjet is right on the verge with 6mm and my orthodontist said he can try so my healthcare will pay for the surgery. Kind Regards.

Attachments

• ibra.gif
    ibra.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
no there's no such thing, all surgeries that help correct an overjet break the jaw.

• +1
Reactions: Overbiter