Loss of bone mass on face with age

M

mitodrake

Platinum
It's true or fake? Also why and how dark cricles have relation to bone mass on face?

True. The simplest explanation is that the rate of bone resorption by osteoclasts is faster than the rate of production of new bone = loss in bone mass.

Dark circles are often caused by poor undereye support (negative orbital vector, some plastic surgeons use this term), not "muh sleepy." Loss in bone mass occurs in every bone in your body, including the bones that provide under-eye support. Your canthal tilt decreases, your lower lid becomes droopier, your skin sags, you develop dark circles, etc.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
True. The simplest explanation is that the rate of bone resorption by osteoclasts is faster than the rate of production of new bone = loss in bone mass.

Dark circles are often caused by poor undereye support (negative orbital vector, some plastic surgeons use this term), not "muh sleepy." Loss in bone mass occurs in every bone in your body, including the bones that provide under-eye support. Your canthal tilt decreases, your lower lid becomes droopier, your skin sags, you develop dark circles, etc.

Hmm thanks a lot. Any way to prevent the loss of bones mass? I always had dark circles no matter how i slept. I took of my beard and i noticed i'm not boneless, my masseters and ramus are on the worst average and maybe even above average. I will check my under eye support.

19EF72D9 8494 4AB3 BE1C CC2958F1F50A
2742257E 9F48 4358 9869 7A2DC8D8F7FE

Man.... Human body is a sinking ship 🛳

Hmm thanks a lot. Any way to prevent the loss of bones mass? I always had dark circles no matter how i slept. I took of my beard and i noticed i'm not boneless, my masseters and ramus are on the worst average and maybe even above average. I will check my under eye support.
I do not. I can throw around meaningless theories based on one or two poorly designed studies and hypotheses, but that's really not helpful. The only thing we can do which is guaranteed to be effective is staying healthy overall. The healthier you are, the slower you age. Diet, exercise, and sleep basically. Not much else you can do. Age will take its toll no matter what.

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetics_III
Your bone mass and fat pads decrease as you age. Dark circles are caused by a lack of bone and fat under the eyes