Low Estrogen Dillema

barnmatrix

barnmatrix

Silver
I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum are considering or actively using aromatase inhibitors to keep their growth plates open in hopes of gaining height. While the intention is understandable, it's crucial to be aware of the potential downsides, particularly concerning brain development.

Low estrogen levels can have detrimental effects on cognitive functions, specifically cognitive development if an individual has chronically low estrogen throughout a portion of puberty. Multiple studies have shown that estrogen plays a vital role in synaptic plasticity, memory retention, and overall IQ. By artificially lowering your estrogen levels at a young age, you may be compromising these essential cognitive functions, which could have long-term implications, I have personally been a victim of this dillema, and I am trying to find a good middle ground, but ultimately I think that it is reasonable in the eyes of most people to not risk having a lower IQ just for a potential added inch or so of height, and I want people to be aware that this is an implication of AI use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2754262/ ( one of many studies reinforcing my point )

Not to mention low estrogen can have a horrible effect on lipids and cardiovascular health and can even lead to permanent cardiovascular diseases, infertility, hair loss. All im saying is to be cautious with AI use during puberty. Feel free to comment and add to this discussion with any personal experiences or insights on the topic.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and hattrick
water

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer, thecel, Lethbridge and 3 others
i think your body probably prioritizes your estrogen towards stuff like that, and excess estrogen is what causes feminization, plate closure, etc.

they give AIs to tons of kids to keep their plates open, i can’t imagine it has detrimental effects

they give AIs to tons of kids to keep their plates open, i can’t imagine it has detrimental effects
Are you sure? I thought the only approved thing doctors prescribe for short kids is HGH. Pretty sure they only prescribe AI’s for women with breast cancer or men with chronically high estrogen. Definitely could be wrong tho

If estradiol is so good for you and makes you a genius then troon out and inject it. Yes, it has neuroprotective effects - in SOME AREAS OF THE BRAIN. In others it is NEUROTOXIC AND PROMOTES APOPTOSIS.

A large part of the reason estradiol can be neuroprotective is because it has metabolites 2-hydroxyestradiol (2OHE2) and 2-methoxyestradiol (2MEOHE2) which have antioxidant activity, so much of the benefits are not estrogen receptor mediated but due to antioxidants:

this fearmongering is overblown, nobody is saying to crash your estradiol to nothing, they're just trying to get it in between 10 and 20 pg/mL, prenatal estradiol is also negatively correlated with IQ:

Also HIGH estradiol is also bad for the venous system, erectile function, intelligence, and so on. You're just repeating the latest more plates more dates broscience, "NEVER USE AROMATASE INHIBITORS THEY'LL GIVE YOU BRAIN DAMAGE!!". The IBIS-II and TEAM studies on women with breast cancer given high doses of AIs show no adverse effect on cognitive function. Women in menopause have almost no endogenous sex hormones (other than what's produced by the adrenals) and don't become retarded from it.

Letrozole somehow INCREASED hippocampal E2 while lowering it in the rest of the body in this animal study which made them MORE RETARDED and FUCKED UP THEIR MEMORY. So it wasn't low estrogen from the AI giving them brain damage but INCREASED ESTROGEN.

This idea that taking an aromatase inhibitor to lower your estradiol to the low end of the normal range or even slightly below the normal range will give you brain damage and destroy your body is unfounded broscience for idiots. Period. These dumb bodybuilder "experts" like more plates more dates and brainlets on steroid forums and jewtube now say taking test with an AI is dumb because lowering E2 will give you brain damage (even though you can just take enough to lower it back into reasonable ranges or the same levels you had without exogenous T as more T = more aromatization, somehow AIs are just toxic no matter what and it the actual hormone levels don't matter) and then tell you to take proven neurotoxic compounds like nandrolone (deca) as an alternative.

Most people including teens are fat fucks who carry unnaturally high levels of bodyfat causing them to have high estradiol levels. In nature people are very thin (look at hunter gatherers) and around 8-12% bodyfat, at such a bodyfat level you would probably have levels of estradiol 15-25 pg/mL.

Also if you are eugonadal, i.e. not hypogonadal suffering from ASIH (anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism) it is very hard to completely crash your estrogen because of intratesticular aromatase. If you are on steroids and not taking HCG and your testicles shut down, then the aromatase inhibitor will nuke estradiol far more. BUT if your testicles are making testosterone there is aromatase IN THE TESTICLE always producing estradiol which isn't as affected by aromatase inhibitors because of the blood-testis barrier and the fact that in these tissues E2 is a paracrine hormone due to the intratesticular aromatase. So if you have a normal HPTA or are injecting HCG and don't have damaged testicles from steroid abuse, you will always have SOME estradiol being produced by the testicles that you can never really fully shut down.

Does low estradiol cause dyslipidemia? Yes, but unless you are complete genetic shit with familial hypercholesterolemia, you are not going to get atherosclerosis as it generally takes decades to build up the plaque to a point where it becomes a problem. This is not going to be an issue for a teenager taking reasonable doses of AIs for even several years in order to grow taller. Furthermore people have natural variation in the amount of aromatase they express. Should those with naturally low aromatase and thus estradiol inject exogenous estradiol like a tranny, because it would benefit their health and make them more intelligent?

I wasted my time writing this, looking at studies, debunking all this stupid misinformation about AIs and clowns are still going to parrot more plates more dates and say DERRRRP!! ARIMIDEX BRAIN DAMAGE HURRR!!! Just know that if you're a teenager and listening to this idiotic "advice" you're just cuckolding yourself out of height and higher T/virilization at the only time in your life when it really matters like a moron.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: strawberrymushroom, thecel, spdxer and 2 others
Good goy, nobody here promotes crashing estrogen. With a functioning HPTA axis crashing estro is extremely hard anyways. I would argue that using aromatase inhibitors during puberty and even throughout adulthood would improve health markers.

• +1
Reactions: strawberrymushroom and Deleted member 23391
Are you sure? I thought the only approved thing doctors prescribe for short kids is HGH. Pretty sure they only prescribe AI’s for women with breast cancer or men with chronically high estrogen. Definitely could be wrong tho
i actually met a kid a year younger than me who told me he’s on AI to keep his plates from closing (he was quite short, maybe 4’11”).

It's a win win situation tbh you will become low inhib and you will gain more height

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29747
uncontrolled estradiol is a recipe for high blood pressure, water retention, varicose veins, erectile dysfunction

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
At my lowest e2 levels (was taking Aromasin everyday), I literally was asexual. It wasn't even ED anymore, I straight up lost any sense of sexuality.

Looking at a woman was the same as looking at a man. Not only that, but I was also extremely depressed and lethargic.

All of this was at below 10pg/ml. Low estrogen is FAR worse than low Test, because you at least still feel human.