Low hyoid: What can I do?

thecaste

thecaste

DIOR
I've got an absolute subhuman hyoid bone which fucks up my side profile quite a bit. What can I effectively do to improve that? Has anyone ever undergone hyoid surgery for aesthetic purposes? Of course I already know about mewing, jaw opening exercises etc. but they are mostly cope.

mewing

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, datboijj, Lmao and 1 other person
mewing actually works for this. fix your head posture too

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Lmao, Deleted member 8869 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND and thecaste
unironically mewing + postural exercises

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Moggie and thecaste
Can mewing really improve hyoid in the long run? I thought it just pushes it up as long as you are actually mewing but doesn't improve the position if you are in a resting position.
I mean mewing is something you do 24/7 anyway.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Mr.Proper and thecaste
I mean mewing is something you do 24/7 anyway.
Yeah, that's a good point tbh. The problem is: If I am mewing the hyoid still isn't in an ideal position. But yeah it is what it is ig.

Can mewing really improve hyoid in the long run? I thought it just pushes it up as long as you are actually mewing but doesn't improve the position if you are in a resting position.
I can dm you a vid of me demonstrating.

• Love it
Reactions: thecaste
Yeah, that's a good point tbh. The problem is: If I am mewing the hyoid still isn't in an ideal position. But yeah it is what it is ig.
I thought it wouldn't be but recording myself even my suboptimal mewing is good.

• +1
Reactions: adam_ross2549 and thecaste
Bump: Does anyone have experience with hyoid surgery or does anyone know someone who does?

Bump: Does anyone have experience with hyoid surgery or does anyone know someone who does?
You may have a tongue tie. Removing my tongue tie slightly raised my hyoid.

• +1
Mewing and hyoid raising excercise in BOTB

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, thecaste, SoonToAscend and 1 other person
I've got an absolute subhuman hyoid bone which fucks up my side profile quite a bit. What can I effectively do to improve that? Has anyone ever undergone hyoid surgery for aesthetic purposes? Of course I already know about mewing, jaw opening exercises etc. but they are mostly cope.
mewing has made my hyoid angle go from 120° to 87°

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND and thecaste
How can you tell if you have a lower or higher hyoid bone? I am in existential doubt as to whether I have it higher or not.

How can you tell if you have a lower or higher hyoid bone? I am in existential doubt as to whether I have it higher or not.
X-ray would show the actual bone location, but for visual evaluation you can use cervicomental angle. I think, in normally tilted head, ideally that neck corner (where the red lines intersect) should be positioned higher than an edge of a chin. Angle should be lower than 115 degrees, at least. But take into account gonial angle too, as people with lower gonial angle may appear to have worse submental area.
Images11

• So Sad