Lower Maxilla vs Upper Maxilla

Deleted member 9586

Deleted member 9586

Iron
Most of us here know that this right here is the maxilla:
Maxilla

But I've seen a lot of people refer to "upper maxilla" and "lower maxilla"

What exactly is the difference? Provide visual examples dividing these two parts

I think its this. Above the line is upper maxilla, below the line is the lower maxilla.
4CFBF28C 717E 4E1F AF33 E167A2330316

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: retard, MentalistKebab, Chintuck22 and 8 others
I think its this. Above the line is upper maxilla, below the line is the lower maxilla.
View attachment 815398
Lower maxilla only consists of your philtrum?
So would that mean that a forward looking philtrum with full upper lip is a sign of forward LOWER maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
So would that mean that a forward looking philtrum with full upper lip is a sign of forward LOWER maxilla?
I think so, not sure though. I've heard someone say it too though

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Chintuck22 and Deleted member 9586
In my case, I have a full upper lip with philtrum curvature, but my under eye hollowness is below average. I also have decent zygos with a decent ogee curve but I dont get why I have such bad under eye, perhaps due to bad fat distribution? I do have recessed infraorbitals but they are pretty average.

The philtrum is not maxilla. Maxilla is bone. Philtrum is skin. Lower maxilla is the alveolar bone, the lower third of the maxilla which is moved in LF1. Lower maxilla is more malleable than the upper maxilla.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 6723, Deleted member 9344 and 1 other person
Like what the guy above said, its not the lower maxilla.

But the lower maxilla is what shapes the philtrum mainly I think.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, Chintuck22 and Deleted member 9586
Like what the guy above said, its not the lower maxilla.

But the lower maxilla is what shapes the philtrum mainly I think.
Yeah that makes more sense

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
In my case, I have a full upper lip with philtrum curvature, but my under eye hollowness is below average. I also have decent zygos with a decent ogee curve but I dont get why I have such bad under eye, perhaps due to bad fat distribution? I do have recessed infraorbitals but they are pretty average.
someone explain this pls :// ill link one of my 3/4 view post to actually demonstrate my ogee curve:

The philtrum is not maxilla. Maxilla is bone. Philtrum is skin. Lower maxilla is the alveolar bone, the lower third of the maxilla which is moved in LF1. Lower maxilla is more malleable than the upper maxilla.
The alveolar bone is mainly what the jew orthodontist mess up.

How does this affect ur looks?

The alveolar bone is mainly what the jew orthodontist mess up.

How does this affect ur looks?
What was said above. The alveolar bone has the ability to trap the mandible behind it. It can also grow downwards due to lack of mechanic stimulation from chewing, which would set the mandible back further.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Upper maxilla is the zygos and orbitals. Lower maxilla is the mouth area. Upper maxilla matters more in photographs and lower maxilla matters more in motion. Imo they are equally important

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9586