Male hair length and SMV

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
I used to believe that fade suits everyone the most and the majority of people here believe longer hair suits everyone the most but both of these black and white viewpoints are wrong; IT DEPENDS. Some men look better with longer hair, some with shorter.

What exact facial/cranial features determine whether a man has more SMV/attractiveness with shorter or longer hair? The reason eludes me.

Most people here will doubt that men can look better with shorter hair but there are PLENTY of examples, here’s a decent one:

8A0F696A A693 4033 8D3E 6A0C9B7CAE2E

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101, Deleted member 8869, Danish_Retard and 8 others
Nordic skull shapes like in your pic almost always look more aesthetic with side fades/ears showing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and JamesHowlett
Nordic skull shapes like in your pic almost always look more aesthetic with side fades/ears showing.
How would you define Nordic skull shape?

glad to be non nerdic

I used to believe that fade suits everyone the most and the majority of people here believe longer hair suits everyone the most but both of these black and white viewpoints are wrong; IT DEPENDS. Some men look better with longer hair, some with shorter.

What exact facial/cranial features determine whether a man has more SMV/attractiveness with shorter or longer hair? The reason eludes me.

Most people here will doubt that men can look better with shorter hair but there are PLENTY of examples, here’s a decent one:

View attachment 1581813
If you have a large temporal region don't even consider getting a fade essentially.

• +1
Reactions: Lux
JamesToilet

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
ear size matters as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17768
Short sides and longer top is the "safest" style, by that I mean that it tends to look good on the majority of men as it tends to create the illusion of a decent head shape. That being said, it's not the BEST style either, it's just the one that works with most men - most younger girls tend to be into longer hairstyles, though it's not a secret that attractive men will look attractive in ANY hairstyle (sometimes, even a shaved head although this usually bars you from accessing a sizeable portion of young girls even if you're GL).

There's a number of things to take into account when analysing why certain hairstyles look good or not on a certain man, namely:
Hairline shape & Forehead size
Hair density & Hair type
Length / Width of face

For example, wide faces benefit from shorter sides and longer top; conversely, long faces benefit from longer sides. There are a lot of online resources about this so I won't go into detail.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deprived, Landorus and 2 others
long hair looks bad on most ethnics cuz they have thick black ethnic hair

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and JamesHowlett
whatever suits you rly, there is no objective consensus

whatever suits you rly, there is no objective consensus
Of course, I’m just trying to figure out why one length can suit some guys and not others

I have low-set and big ears. Long hair suits much better for me.

My chin is shorter than ideal and long hair somehow frauds that too.
long hair looks bad on most ethnics cuz they have thick black ethnic hair
Its better to have thick hair if you're gonna grow it out lol. Plus moth ethnics tend to have a horrible fade so it gives instant exotic halo.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Skinfade mogs most the time but it is honestly whatever suits you

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Schönling and JamesHowlett
Of course, I’m just trying to figure out why one length can suit some guys and not others
its not just lenght, the type of the hair and styling matter too

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
you're not chad if you don't look good with short hair

Fade looks NT, longer hair is nichemaxxing

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
Medium hair length for jbs 👍🏻

Are you being serious?
bruh that guy looks old, it depends what suits you personally
Just generally medium hair length with high quality and thickness looks the best (imo)

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Just generally medium hair length with high quality and thickness looks the best (imo)
I agree it’s what suits you personally and medium length hair does not suit that guy, makes him look really creepy. He looks much more approachable and NT in the right.

• +1
Reactions: xanny
I agree it’s what suits you personally and medium length hair does not suit that guy, makes him look really creepy. He looks much more approachable and NT in the right.
True :)

There are a lot of online resources about this so I won't go into detail.
post sauce :feelsyay::feelspepo::cop::feelsez:

I'm keeding don't even care. I think it's about skull development, if you don't have the warrior skull (bad developed face) then I guess you'll have to resort on unnatural styles (always short)

When u say old u mean he looks late 20s?

Fades are out to an extent, and honestly most guys look terrible with them. More attention should be given to hair on here because girls under 25 value it a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Side length is indeed variable, but all the hairstyles people like (undercut, curtains, leo's side part) all have atleast 3" of length on the top

Fades are out to an extent, and honestly most guys look terrible with them. More attention should be given to hair on here because girls under 25 value it a lot.
From what I’ve seen, the people who look bad with a fade would look worse with medium sides