Male Hairloss: Science, Treatment, Side Effects, Future

nuisance

nuisance

Bronze
Why Men Go Bald

The reason why men go bald is due to genetics. As we get older our genetics determine the dht sensitivity in the hair follicles. Over time the hair follicles get more sensitive to DHT, and it causes the follicle to shrink until it scars up and dies permanently. There is Anecdotal evidence supporting the idea that Stress, Lack of sleep, and nutrition speed up the rise of DHT sensitivity in the follicles of people who are genetically predisposed to become bald. However, most of the time if you have the balding gene you will start balding near the same time as your family did. Which is what happened to me.
Capture

How Will Balding Affect Your Life
Balding is bad at any age but is especially brutal at a young age. People will treat you like you are inferior to them and women will think you are ten years older than them. Basically balding can seal your fate with relationships, respect, jobs and promotions, and social status. There is only a handful of people that look good bald and they all look better with a full head of hair. Don't just "shave it, bro". If balding can make chads look old and ugly its most likely over for you then. The Norwood reaper can come for you out of nowhere even if you have thick beautiful hair now. So save this and come back to this thread if you see any signs of balding.

Early Signs of Balding
Hairline miniaturization is the first sign of balding. It looks like a bunch of thin short hairs popping out of your hairline.

Capture

What Can You Do About It Currently

5-AR Inhibitors

Finasteride and Dutasteride Are both commonly prescribed 5-ar inhibitors.

5-alpha reductase is essentially responsible for converting one hormone(chemical) into another throughout the body and the brain- one of these conversions is Testosterone to DHT- hence why you can use Fin for reducing the progression of hair loss (DHT is thought to be the main contributor to the miniaturization of follicles on the top of the scalp)
There are three isoenzymes of 5α reductase (I, II, and III). Finasteride inhibits II and III whilst Dutasteride inhibits all three and hence administration of either heavily reduces the conversion of testosterone into DHT and helps improve hair loss

Finasteride 1mg blocks about 70% of DHT, whereas dutasteride 0.5mg blocks more than 90%.

I would recommend using finasteride for hair loss. 5-AR inhibitors are a required medication if you want to keep your hair, they are the most effective.

Capture

5-AR Inhibitor Side effects (Uncommon)
  • Low Libido
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Brain Fog
  • Gynecomastia
Doctors aren't 100% sure of the causes of these side effects but the most plausible theory is not that low dht causes these symptoms its the imbalance of hormones.
This is 100% the reason for gynecomastia and speculated for the others.

Estrogen and DHT compete with each other in the body, Dht is more powerful. When you reduce Dht, The amount of free testosterone rises because there is a lack of 5-ar enzyme to convert the free testosterone into DHT. This can cause more aromatization of testosterone into estrogen. When your body has a certain amount of estrogen negative effects can occur such as gynecomastia. High estrogen in men has all the symptoms that finasteride rarely creates.

What You Should Do If You Experience Side Effects
If you are experiencing side effects you have a couple of options.

Before any of these quit the drug for a little over a month for your hormone levels to return to baseline.

The main thing is to get shredded. Body fat encourages Testosterone to aromatize into Estrogen. I had a conversation with someone who had gyno problems with using super low-dose finasteride. It was only until he got to 11% body fat and tried again he had no problems with a normal dose.

Use a 150MG DIM and zinc supplement Not as effective but dim helps regulate estrogen levels and zinc slightly prevents aromatization.

Avoid Dairy, Soy, and Processed foods. You need to do whatever you can to keep your estrogen levels low because when taking fin you don't want your levels to go over a certain threshold. Eat high protein.

Stop jerkin it and messing with your hormones so much.

Run and weightlift, reduces estrogen and lowers free testosterone.

Growth Stimulants

Minoxidil

Minoxidil (Rogain) is an antihypertensive (high blood pressure) drug, and they discovered hair growth as a side effect of prescribing it for high blood pressure. Scientists think that maybe the drug widens blood vessels and opens potassium channels which allows more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the hair follicles. Minoxidil is also known to weaken collagen which can weaken the scar tissue that dht is creating on the follicle which can help the follicle with more blood flow.

Minoxidil is the second-best thing on the market for hair loss. Side effects include rapid heart rate facial bloat, and irregular heartbeat. Side effects are rare especially when using topical.
Use topical foam because it dries fast and doesn't make your hair greasy.

Oral Minoxidil is unsafe take it at your own risk. It is known to cause heart issues and doctors do not prescribe it anymore for its initial use for high blood pressure.

Minoxidil induces a pretty gnarly shedding phase after about a month of use and regrows more hair back after the third month peaking after about a year.

Minoxidil won't stop balding sadly. Some people can maintain for years but for most people especially if you're balding young you will bald faster than minoxidil can help with.

Usually, people take fin first for a while and then add minoxidil for regrowth for the best results.

Stemoxydine
Stemoxydine is a topical hair loss treatment that's classified as a prolyl-4-hydroxylase (P4H) inhibitor. It has a different mechanism of growth simulation than minoxidil so they can be used together for greater results. It's pretty weak compared to minoxidil.

Anti-Angrogens
RU58841, Breezula, And pyrilutimide all work for hair loss by being topically applied. They all bind to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle.

They stop DHT binding to the androgen receptors in hair follicles. Over time, this builds up and allows the hair growth cycle and follicles to stabilize and even recover.

RU5884a is not FDA-approved and side effects aren't studied. I belive breezula will be FDA-approved in the upcoming years as will; pyrilutimide. Sadly the last clinical trials for breezula and pyrilutimide were underwhelming but still slightly effective. Ru58841 is thought to be the better anti androgen out of all of them but there are no clinical trials for it.

Ketoconazole 2% is know to block androgens in the scalp works well with finasteride uselss by itself. Sort of cope is necessary if you have scalp inflammation.

Hair Transplants
Hair transplants are amazing, however, they won't save you. Don't rely on the idea that if you go bald, you'll just get a hair transplant. A hair transplant is a last resort. Anything over an NW3 makes it hard to create good density with a transplant unless you have crazy thick hair. If you are past an nw2 most likely it will keep going so you will lose hair behind the transplanted part and look like a dumbass.
Anderson Center For Hair Ken Anderson Daniel Lee Jeremy Wetzel ARTAS WAW Neograft FUE FUT Line

This is a realistic expectation. Not as good as if he took finasteride.

Failed hair transplant

Your density if you just get a hair transplant and do nothing else.

Hair Systems
Hair systems have evolved. They look really good now. If all goes to shit you should get a hair system as the last resort. The cons of a hair system is
  • Cost
  • Matainence
  • Embarrassment
31kNkGtjs8L AC UF350350 QL80
\
Better than being a slaphead.

Castration
You will have hair forever.

Cope Treatments if you truly have Male Pattern Baldness
  • Saw Palmetto (can give you same side effects as fin without being effective for hairloss)
  • Essential oils ( :lul: )
  • Microneedling (Possible to work alongside minoxidil useless by itself.)
  • Head massages
  • Dumb shit people try to sell you
  • Nutrafol
  • Hair transplant without a 5-ar blocker
  • SMP unless for fue scars and density

HOPIUM FOR THE FUTURE
A drug used for macular degeneration is currently being tested by doctors. The drug has been shown to heal scars from fue and fut trasnplants and even regrow new hair follicles out of them!

Dr Barghouthi has finally uploaded 4 month results from his trials conducted with Verteprofin hair restoration network forums and the results are incredible.

He’s been trialing the drug by injecting it immediately after FUE & FUT due to its apparent ability to heal scars and regrow the hair taken out of the donor area. So to help establish an ‘infinite donor’ of sorts.

Preliminary results from the crowd-funded trial look insane between the control and treated groups.

“The zoomed out 0.4 area looks to me untouched” by his words. Most the donor area grew back based on initial investigation.

The regrowth is pretty clear at this point, the big question left is how many grafts are regenerated? 30? 50%? 70?. Even 30% is incredible, 50%+ would be an effective cure
F hu6iAWEAAAH8Q

“Never go bald – the worst thing a man can do is go bald.” -Donald Trump​

• +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, Brainiac, latincell95 and 7 others
  • Saw Palmetto (can give you same side effects as fin without being effective for hairloss)
  • Microneedling
all of this work. and are good for inconsistent people

I haven't done the research on how does an AR blocker gives you gyno. literally makes 0 sense to me

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over
Just be black theory

Jeremy Meeks Mug Shot
310ef1bb5343f432ca61355f230047b8
Michael jordan
Ezgif 2 b350e526da

• Microneedling

all of these work.

I haven't done the research on how does an AR blocker gives you gyno. literally makes 0 sense to me
They don't work for male pattern baldness. They work for other types of hair loss. Saw palmetto is not strong enough For MPB. Microneedling only works in with minox and even that is debatable.

in the "What You Should Do If You Experience Side Effects" section Ar blockers can cause gyno because of the aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. Fin raises estrogen and testosterone both about 10-15%. If you already had high estrogen that boost could make you susceptible to side effects such as gyno.

Good thread

• +1
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer
what I do ab this

Attachments

• 1707628869165.png
    1707628869165.png
    910.2 KB · Views: 0
Aging and other big things can increase dht sensivity in the tissue"s over time, remove all those things (only not aging lol)

And boom, you don"t bald anymore

Last edited:
Good thread. You should of also talked about topical vs oral AR inhibitors

I was thinking about going on 0.2mg finasteride, I've heard it blocks 50% to 70% of the DHT. The lower the better.
Apparently, micro needling + minoxidile has a 1 + 1 = 3 effect. Still hesitating about it, but the shedding part is what is making me hesitate.
I didn't know about RU58841. Worth a try.
MPMG said it was important to get bloodwork done BEFORE taking finasteride, in case we get side effect from finasteride, you can re-check your blood and compare both to see what went wrong.
Crazy to think that I need to do that to stay attractive and get pussy, but by doing that, my dick might not work correctly, thus, making getting pussy not important. Deal with the devil type of shit.

I was thinking about going on 0.2mg finasteride, I've heard it blocks 50% to 70% of the DHT. The lower the better.
Apparently, micro needling + minoxidile has a 1 + 1 = 3 effect. Still hesitating about it, but the shedding part is what is making me hesitate.
MPMG said it was important to get bloodwork done BEFORE taking finasteride, in case we get side effect from finasteride, you can re-check your blood and compare both to see what went wrong.
Crazy to think that I need to do that to stay attractive and get pussy, but by doing that, my dick might not work correctly, thus, making getting pussy not important. Deal with the devil type of shit.
if you are on this website you will try it eventually, might as well start now. I was afraid of fin until I hit nw2.5 ended up using it anyways.

If you want to get bloodwork done you can get test, DHT, estrodial test. estradiol is the most important because if its to high it can cause side effects.

if you get serious side effects which is rare quit for 40 days and they try it topically,