Masseter Hypertrophy 🧵Bloated Chipmunk or Mogger jaw width?

project chadlite

project chadlite

louis allen's son
Masseter Hypertrophy is a condition in which the masseter muscles become enlarged. This enlargement can make the jaw appear broader, or more pronounced. It's usually a harmless condition except if it's associated with TMJ. However, masseter hypertrophy will affect your facial aesthetics (Making the jaw more bulky, or squarey.) Although I've seen many users debate on whether you'll look bloated or have a wider jaw, it depends on multiple factors.
The primary causes are the training and bulking of the muscle:
Genetics
Some people naturally have larger masseter muscles.
Bruxism
Bruxism is a condition in which one grinds their teeth chronically, usually during sleep or when stressed, overworking the masseter muscle will enlarge it over time.
Jaw Training (Gum chewing, clenching...)
Excessive chewing of particularly hard gums or food and or clenching of the jaw will also train and contribute to the overgrowth of the muscle.

Now that we know the reasons of how the muscle can be hypertrophied, let's see the usual results. I'm gonna use Pre botox and the botox aftermath of the muscle.

The jaw muscle has been overworked in each of these examples. One looks extremely squarey, one looks too masculine and broad for a female jaw, and the other is a jaw that's way too disproportional compared to the zygos, which looks bad.

However, we can all tell that each of these wouldn't look so bad if the muscle weren't THIS overworked. This also mainly comes down to muscle insertions.

In this first image, we showcase Brad Pitt.
To test your muscle insertions, you should effectively clench your jaw, and see if the 2 points pinned are the ones that get flexed and bulge out the most primarily.

However, if the muscle bulges out more on the lower end of the masseter, this would mean that your insertions aren't complete shit. (I'd suggest that you should train your masseters if this comes out as the result of your test if your zygos are too wide for your jaw.)

Let's take Brad Pitt once more

His masseters are extremely hypertrophied, yet, he's still an unmoggable terachad. I wouldn't contribute the entirety of his success only due to his jaw, as he'd still look good with them not being this big.

Of course, the masseter is just a muscle, it's fleshy, if you want a sharper look with your jaw then you'd need to have the actual mandible poking thru your skin (If your masseters are nonexistent), you can only achieve this with botox (If your masseters aren't nonexistent), or jaw implants/fillers.

NOW, if your gonial angle is high, then DO NOT achieve the hypertrophied state of your masseters, as this will make you look like a chipmunk.

Literally looks subhuman.

If you're lean, your muscle insertions aren't subhuman, your gonial angle isn't too high (or too low), then you could achieve a more squarey/larger jaw width.
Let's take a few celebs as examples:

Tupac Shakur notably had a strong jaw, which was accompagnied by his strong voice, charisma, and overall looks.
He is loved and cherished by women of all sort. And IMO with his appeal he reaches low chadlite.

In some pics, I agree that it looks bulky and chipmunk-like, but it doesn't look terrible because Tupac isn't bloated, as he's lean and low bf%.

Proportions

Proportions also play a huge role in whether you should hypertrophy your masseters or not.
If your eyes are too close-set, then you would widen your face by training your masseters, which would worsen your subhuman eye area because you're enlarging your face.

(Ian doesn't have a subhuman eye area, but I'm just using him to prove my point.)

It looks retarded here cuz of his bird-eye close-set eyes and his bloat, but he wouldn't look bad at all if he had proportionate features.

TLDR: Masseter Hypertrophy could look good or subhuman based on multiple factors.
gonions literally don't matter except if your masseters are nonexistent

Attachments

• 1729915790860.jpeg
    1729915790860.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: anticel, bonesmatter, zurzolo and 7 others
mirin effort into this thread as i am myself is chewing hard falim

• Love it
Reactions: project chadlite
this is useless for me as i have shit insersions. good thread tho

• +1
Tbh insertions dont matter that much except if they're really shit, like if the middle part of the masseter bulges out then it's not that bad compared to if the upper part bulged out
this is useless for me as i have shit insersions. good thread tho

• +1
Reactions: heightmaxxing
Can u make a guide on training them

• +1
just because big ass masseters looks good on ian somerhalder and brad pitt (they look better with normal ones) which in their case was a natural process doesnt mean it'll look good on you, dogshit thread

• +1
Reactions: FascisstChad
Big masseter nuke my facial harmony and make my midface look longer, does this mean my masseter bulges from the top?

Big masseter nuke my facial harmony and make my midface look longer, does this mean my masseter bulges from the top?
show pic, idk how ur masseter can make ur mid face longer, if ur masseter does bulge out from the top then it would make ur zygos appear wider which can result in a rounder face

just because big ass masseters looks good on ian somerhalder and brad pitt (they look better with normal ones) which in their case was a natural process doesnt mean it'll look good on you, dogshit thread
they look equally as good with normally ones but i prefer bigger masseters because it stands out more, and again, i talked abt insertions and how it works read the thread next time low iq greycel twerp

• JFL
Reactions: wificel
masseters are a meme, you want a tall robust ramus with some jaw sloping to a tall rectangular chin.
5CC3D25E 86FC 4A63 88ED 93F0E438C00A
IMG 0172
IMG 7496
IMG 1038
IMG 3414

Peak lower third aesthetics, bulging masseters are goofy, they fuck up the zygo to jaw ratio.

My masseter are not near the lower gonion when i clench, so i’ll avoid this shit . Over

• Hmm...
  • +1
You retard the images you provided have large masseters
i think he means thats the actual mandible poking thru which is impossible

• +1
Reactions: zurzolo
Its also about ramus slope, you can have outward gonions, but without an angular ramus its gonna look like shit and bloated all times.

I have a tall ramus and normal gonions but its sloped so looks like shit all times.

• +1
You retard the images you provided have large masseters
Maybe only the second image, the others can be caused by the shape, robustness and angle of the ramus, if they had larger masseters they would have slightly more rounded sides and some definition.
IMG 1084
IMG 7496

• +1
Its also about ramus slope, you can have outward gonions, but without an angular ramus its gonna look like shit and bloated all times.

I have a tall ramus and normal gonions but its sloped so looks like shit all times.
it wont matter from the front tbh

• Hmm...
Big masseters only look good if you’re Brad Pitt tbh

Brad Pitt doesn’t look better with normal masseters though

• +1
Yea if he had looked like that in the other mugshot, I don’t think he’d have gone viral. Also notable how the masseters make his hollow cheeks look more natural. Here he looks like he’s biting his cheeks, and his lips look protruding almost. The extra width fixes all of that

• +1
it’s all about your chin. Look at brad pitts chin and then the bruxism victims chins. Some face shapes can’t do masseter hypetropht

• +1
it’s all about your chin. Look at brad pitts chin and then the bruxism victims chins. Some face shapes can’t do masseter hypetropht
High iq

• +1
Reactions: faxilla