Masseters have atrophied

User28823

User28823

Kraken
Ever since starting invisalign, I haven't been grinding my teeth as much which has significantly atrophied my previous extremely hypertrophied masseters which made my face look extremely bloated

I just saw a pic from January compared to now and holy shit I look so much better

Thought I would need masseter botox but looks like I can avoid that now :cool:

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: TheBiggestIncelEver, AySab, IndraBC and 4 others
hey im on my tmj splint journey rn, how long did it take you?, with invisalign

fuck mb i just saw the month first, u got pics before and after?

can u send me a pm of your jaw before?
can crop the rest

i’m convinced people like brad pitt have bruxism

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
can u send me a pm of your jaw before?
can crop the rest

i’m convinced people like brad pitt have bruxism
wont send pics for sake of privacy, but brad def has bruxism i don't find the appeal of his jaw at all

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and appealmaxed
I used tmj splint only at night for like 2 weeks and I saw significant change

wont send pics for sake of privacy, but brad def has bruxism i don't find the appeal of his jaw at all
did i end up developing similar jaw to him?
how much where you grinding? when stressed? sleeping? etc

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
Did you had bite problems in the past? Overbite, underbite?

I used tmj splint only at night for like 2 weeks and I saw significant change
:forcedsmile: makes me happy to hear that, i started 3 days ago i def can eat better without any pain, and i also use it at day and night , could you send me before and after in dms?

:forcedsmile: makes me happy to hear that, i started 3 days ago i def can eat better without any pain, and i also use it at day and night , could you send me before and after in dms?
I don’t rlly have any befores sorry. But I will say chewing with my pre molars instead of molars also made a difference

I don’t rlly have any befores sorry. But I will say chewing with my pre molars instead of molars also made a difference
Its okay, also is tmj splint better than invisalign, for problems like, chewing big masseters etc etc, if yes can you explain why ?

Ever since starting invisalign, I haven't been grinding my teeth as much which has significantly atrophied my previous extremely hypertrophied masseters which made my face look extremely bloated

I just saw a pic from January compared to now and holy shit I look so much better

but masseteric hypertrophy for long period of time will lenghten the ramus, but yeah it is a trade off with the chipmunk looks

• +1
Reactions: User28823

Im wearing invisalign rn, do you have TADs as well?

I did have corticotomy procedure too, so my tray is changed every 5 days instead of weekly

did i end up developing similar jaw to him?
how much where you grinding? when stressed? sleeping? etc
i did, i had really hypertrophied masseters which look cool when I'm eating or clenching but just made my face look bloated af
i was grinding when sleeping

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Is Invisalign basically a mouth guard ?

How long have u been using the splint for and have u seen results yet

Is Invisalign basically a mouth guard ?
yeah it acts as one + with how my teeth are shifting i've currently got a posterior open bite preventing my molars from clenching as much as they could before

but after treatment and adjustments i'll get a night guard anyway to further prevent grinding

How long have u been using the splint for and have u seen results yet
im on day 3 today, no i dont any changes in masseters sizes it will take up to 3-2weeks, the only thing that improved atm is when i want to eat something it’s dosent hurt