Mastic Gum (Chios) causing recessed gums?

Overbiter

Overbiter

Iron
I have noticed my gums receding after chewing on hard Chios mastic gum, i wasn't mindful while doing it. I assume the gum grinded a few times by accident up and down my teeth and gums, causing them to recede. I now have horse teeth. This is not a discouragement post, but gum grafting surgery isn't pleasant so just use your teeth while chewing on this stuff and be careful when switching sides or to your incisors. Chios gum is still fantastic to hypertrophy those masseter muscles. Kind Regards.

horse GIF

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, JimmyDreamsOfZygos, ManzareK and 1 other person
That's so stupid literally makes no sense

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: angloidcel, Slob, Deleted member 9670 and 5 others
That's so stupid literally makes no sense

If hard brushing recedes your gum, then it just makes sense that hard chewing (incorrectly) can too. Like i said, it's when the mastic gum slips and brushes against your gums that causes the problems, not the chewing itself with your teeth. When i chew gum, i get very excited because I want to improve my jawline and masseter muscles, so i chew very fast and hard, which I think is what led to this condition.
So do chew mastic gum, but do it responsibly.

Last edited:
Wait why are you using this gum and not falim?

Wait why are you using this gum and not falim?

Chios mastic gum is a lot harder. I also have Falim though and sometimes mix them both together. I was actually quite surprised how soft this Falim gum is, it reminds me of regular gum. I use it also like a "pre-workout", then I chomp on the Chios gum until my jaw gets sore. I'm not a taste freak but this Falim gum I bought was advertised as "Tutti Frutti" flavour. However, it only smells like Tutti Frutti (whatever that is) and is tasteless, which was somewhat disappointing. However, both are the only gums to be ever used as they are healthy and sugar-free. I believe they're the only ones advised by actual dentists. I find the little messages on those Falim gums a bit silly and homoerotic.

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_145158.jpg
    IMG_20210928_145158.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210928_145304.jpg
    IMG_20210928_145304.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210928_145610.jpg
    IMG_20210928_145610.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 18
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 9670 and Preoximerianas
Chios mastic gum is a lot harder. I also have Falim though and sometimes mix them both together. I was actually quite surprised how soft this Falim gum is, it reminds me of regular gum. I use it also like a "pre-workout", then I chomp on the Chios gum until my jaw gets sore. I'm not a taste freak but this Falim gum I bought was advertised as "Tutti Frutti" flavour. However, it only smells like Tutti Frutti (whatever that is) and is tasteless, which was somewhat disappointing. However, both are the only gums to be ever used as they are healthy and sugar-free. I believe they're the only ones advised by actual dentists. I find the little messages on those Falim gums a bit silly and homoerotic.

Damn I'll check out chios then, is it on Amazon or somewhere else?

Damn I'll check out chios then, is it on Amazon or somewhere else?
I bought it on Amazon, yes. It's quite expensive and they come as tears but you can actually re-use them the next day, just put them in a glass of water over night.

Overchewing will compress your gums as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Imagine walking a lot and developing osteoporosis, and then blaming the walking. That's how stupid people on this forum are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and Deleted member 9670
So how are we supposed to chew it to stop the possibility of gum recession?

So how are we supposed to chew it to stop the possibility of gum recession?
With your teeth. Just make sure not to chew too fast so that it doesn't scratch on your gums. That's my whole point, i did it too fast, it scratched on my gums and i developed horse teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Wolfie