Medical advice on the internet is deceiving you

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
One of the most interesting examples is when you read anything about calcium on the internet, the only thing those med sites will tell you is "calcium is an important mineral for bone density and teeth health, lack of it can lead to fractures and osteoporosis". That. Is. It. Absolutely shocking.

Once i have studied physiology extensively i got shocked at how some stuff that gets very underrepresented is in fact way more important.

Calcium is one of the most underrated substances in mainstream medicine.

Calcium is involved in vascular contraction, vasodilation (increase synthesis of nitric oxide), muscle functions, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling, and hormonal secretion.

Ca increases the synthesis of central dopamine through a calmodulin-dependent system.

Calcium lowers the thyroid antagonist, parathyroid hormone

Thyroid increase calcium excretion and parathyroid hormone (PTH) increases calcium retention. During a calcium deficiency, PTH is increased and thyroid decreased. Chronic calcium deficiency can lead to hypothyroidism, as PTH has an anti-metabolic effect. Chronic elevated PTH also leads to fat gain and insulin resistance.

Chronic elevated PTH leads to hypercalcemia in the blood. This effect suppresses growth hormone release and can lead to retarded growth.

PTH has many other effects, such as causes mast cells to release promoters of inflammation, such as histamine and serotonin, and it decreases mitochondrial efficiency (reducing energy production) and causes bicarbonate to be lost in the urine (making the body more acidic). Acidic cells are catabolic and cannot grow. Thus alkaline minerals such as Ca, Mg, etc can promote anabolism.

There is a shit ton more stuff that calcium is crucial for, but you get the point.

Tldr: if you are dairy intolerant, then use eggshells or calcium carbonate in large doses, and eat 2-3 raw egg yolks daily for the vit k2, and make sure to get around 30 minutes of sun exposure during mid days

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Donkeyballs, Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 15827 and 4 others
every vitamin and every mineral has a lot of important functions... is this really a revelation? ? ? :trepidation:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
every vitamin and every mineral has a lot of important functions... is this really a revelation? ? ? :trepidation:
No, but if people just read about calcium on the net they would get an idea that its only important for bones and not understand the much deeper implications of the lack of it for other systems.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 9670
No, but if people just read about calcium on the net they would get an idea that its only important for bones and not understand the much deeper implications of the lack of it for other systems.
If someone is interested in learning about the role of calcium, they should be able to find a lot more than that... this is the first thing that comes up with I google it..

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
If someone is interested in learning about the role of calcium, they should be able to find a lot more than that... this is the first thing that comes up with I google it..

This isn't very mainstream, most normies know minerals, vitamins and hormones from meme terms like, "the happiness chemical", "the pleasure chemicals" etc. Point is the wast general population should be thought how way more important something like calcium is

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, FreakkForLife and Deleted member 16984
Suicidefuel for the lactose intolerant :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Suicidefuel for the lactose intolerant :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
There is lactose free milk or those very hard cheeses that are tolerated well by lactose intolerant people.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787

• JFL
Reactions: Tony and Deleted member 13787
@TsarTsar444 would like to see much more threads like this in the future.

The typical contrarian bullshit YouTubers.
"Is that killing u,is this killing u?"

Always trying to stand out and make a bullshit point and soyboys eat it up

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, SubhumanCurrycel and lutte
I used to drink milk regularly and still do sometimes but I'm phasing it out because I've noticed that it has some negative effects on skin quality etc in different people. Feel bad for lactose intolerant people tbh lol

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
There is lactose free milk or those very hard cheeses that are tolerated well by lactose intolerant people.
lactose-free milk is cuckoldry. if you can't process dairy then just consume bone marrow like a real man

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, lutte and Tony
how much milk should I drink tsartsar?

Good post. How much calcium would be more than ideal?

you dont need much calcium if you have proper vitamin d+k

supplementing it is kind of retarded imo

too much can be a problem too