Meditation is not peace, but war.

twojei

twojei

Mistral
Many people have a mistaken idea of what meditation is. We are often fed this notion that it is something that should feel pleasant or bring us inner peace. All these ideas create an expectation within us about what meditation should be and how it should feel, and if you have read about Buddhism you should know that expectations produce suffering when they are not met. So, when we proceed to meditate with these expectations in mind, we crash into reality, and that reality is that our mind is a machine that is constantly producing thoughts, thoughts that make us suffer. That’s when people begin to say that meditation doesn’t work for them. No, my friend, it’s not that meditation doesn’t work; it’s that you are seeing meditation as a means and not as the end.

Meditation is war; it’s war against yourself, or against your brain, so to speak. Pleasure is a byproduct of meditation, but you shouldn’t meditate because you’re going to feel good. In fact, when you let go of the expectation that meditation will make you feel good, that’s when meditation will ironically make you feel good.

I’m a fairly pessimistic person and somewhat distanced from spirituality, but I still feel that meditation has the potential to free the self from suffering by leading it to unconditionally accept its own condition through brain restructuring. It must be a total acceptance that doesn’t cause suffering, because if you accept the condition but still harbor feelings of resentment, then you’re not truly free. It shows that you still hold hatred towards yourself and the world. But the moment you’re able to accept the ultimate nature of reality (the blackpill) without harboring any resentment, you will become an enlightened being, a being that does not suffer. Welcome to the true Nirvana, my friend.

• +1
Reactions: axm, PlayersGetPlayed and ´´´´´´´´
meditation is great, however i reject all of the rhetoric surrounding it, every scrap and spec of it

• +1
Reactions: PlayersGetPlayed and twojei
meditation is great, however i reject all of the rhetoric surrounding it, every scrap and spec of it
Yes, me too. But it is indeed an useful tool to quiet the mind.

• +1
Reactions: PlayersGetPlayed
quiet the mind.
i reject this rhetoric

i like it because it allows me to admit the truth. it's like the one headspace where you can be honest with yourself about your flaws and copes and shit without turning away from them out of fear. or facing pain without fleeing from it.

• +1
Reactions: PlayersGetPlayed and twojei
i reject this rhetoric

i like it because it allows me to admit the truth. it's like the one headspace where you can be honest with yourself about your flaws and copes and shit without turning away from them out of fear. or facing pain without fleeing from it.
It serves both purposes. There are times when we are in need of self knowledge, but there are others when we just simply want to rest the mind.

yeah it's supposed to suck