Melanotan 1 vs Melanotan 2, What is the difference and which one should I buy?

O

onthecomeup

Iron
Hello,

I am looking to use Melanotan so I can have a nice tan constantly. I am a lightskin curry (from 🇦🇫) and look like Hispanic skin tone so can I even tan? I’ve tried before laying in the sun in Dubai 15 min back then 15 min front, no sunscreen and I was the same color only my hair changed a bit.

I have seen there are 2 types of Melanotan and I want to know the differences, side effects and peoples experience using them. Also how to dosage them and if I should inject or use a nasal spray. I have a source for nasal spray Melanotan and injectable(pm for source).

I asked the source if I need to get in the sun or will I just tan using Nasal spray Melanotan and he said I should be in the sun for it to work. Is he saying this so I get better results or is there truth to this?

Thank you

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
Melanotan 2:
+ More commonly sold
+ Probably cheaper depending on where you are.
- Safety profile is far lower due to lack of research (for example MT2 interacts with multiple melanocortin receptors not just the one responsible for melanogenesis, and we don't really understand what its interactions with these other receptors do.)

Melanotan 1:
+ Better safety profile with quite extensive research spanning decades.
- Less commonly sold (depending on location)
- Probably more expensive (depending on location)

The decision is yours, they both work very well to give you a tan. Personally I'd go with MT1 but I've been using MT2 for a year and a half now on and off because I can't find a source for MT1 in Australia.

EDIT: to answer your other question, I only have experience with injecting MT2 but from my anecdotal experience, you don't have to use it before sun exposure, I've got very dark by just using it before bed after a day at the beach or outside working etc. Obviously this probably isn't the best way to do it as you are more likely to get side effects like darker freckles and moles. However from my usage I've learned timing isn't too important for tanning effect besides it being used within the same day you expose yourself to UV.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: eduardkoopman, Stopping@Nothing19 and Tobias Fünke
Melanotan 2:
+ More commonly sold
+ Probably cheaper depending on where you are.
- Safety profile is far lower due to lack of research (for example MT2 interacts with multiple melanocortin receptors not just the one responsible for melanogenesis, and we don't really understand what its interactions with these other receptors do.)

Melanotan 1:
+ Better safety profile with quite extensive research spanning decades.
- Less commonly sold (depending on location)
- Probably more expensive (depending on location)

The decision is yours, they both work very well to give you a tan. Personally I'd go with MT1 but I've been using MT2 for a year and a half now on and off because I can't find a source for MT1 in Australia.

EDIT: to answer your other question, I only have experience with injecting MT2 but from my anecdotal experience, you don't have to use it before sun exposure, I've got very dark by just using it before bed after a day at the beach or outside working etc. Obviously this probably isn't the best way to do it as you are more likely to get side effects like darker freckles and moles. However from my usage I've learned timing isn't too important for tanning effect besides it being used within the same day you expose yourself to UV.
Good post. How do you reduce the likelihood of darkening moles & freckles when using MT?

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
i used mt2 shit worked well but i got tonnes of moles and freckles from it

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
Good post. How do you reduce the likelihood of darkening moles & freckles when using MT?
I’ve heard using a nasal spray version reduces side effects such as nausea but not sure about moles or freckles. I’m pretty sure there is no way as it increases melanin production around the body, moles and freckles are pre-existing areas of the body with already high concentrations of melanin so an increase in melanin around the body will also go to these areas.

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
Start with a very small dose, and only use just before sun exposure. This usually reduces the instance of new moles, freckles and darkening, but if you are susceptible it's probably going to happen anyway even so low doses and timing can likely minimise. I got a lot of new freckles from it which I personally don't really mind. Darkening also isn't the biggest issue either as freckles and moles will get lighter after discontinued use.

If you want more in depth information like dosing and mixing Derek's article is pretty up to speed.
https://moreplatesmoredates.com/melanotan-ii/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
Melanotan 3

What
Start with a very small dose, and only use just before sun exposure. This usually reduces the instance of new moles, freckles and darkening, but if you are susceptible it's probably going to happen anyway even so low doses and timing can likely minimise. I got a lot of new freckles from it which I personally don't really mind. Darkening also isn't the biggest issue either as freckles and moles will get lighter after discontinued use.

If you want more in depth information like dosing and mixing Derek's article is pretty up to speed.
https://moreplatesmoredates.com/melanotan-ii/
What time to inject it?

right before tanning
People have said at night though to avoid sides so don’t listen to them? Do it 20 minutes before I go outside?

People have said at night though to avoid sides so don’t listen to them? Do it 20 minutes before I go outside?
Yes like a half hour before. Whoever says at night is an idiot. Most sides come from doing a loading phase and not slowing work up from a very low dose. Also only inject on days you are actually going to tan.

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
Yes like a half hour before. Whoever says at night is an idiot. Most sides come from doing a loading phase and not slowing work up from a very low dose. Also only inject on days you are actually going to tan.
Oh so if I am outside daily and do 50mcg for two weeks and work my way up to 250mcg(by doing 50 mcg every two weeks) will I get tan af with no sides?

Oh so if I am outside daily and do 50mcg for two weeks and work my way up to 250mcg(by doing 50 mcg every two weeks) will I get tan af with no sides?
If you work your way up correctly you shouldn't get side effects besides maybe nausea or facial flushing. Imo it is a waste to do it everyday. Do it 3-4 times a week and the other days wear spf.

If you work your way up correctly you shouldn't get side effects besides maybe nausea or facial flushing. Imo it is a waste to do it everyday. Do it 3-4 times a week and the other days wear spf.
Will it wear off if I do it only 3-4 times compared to 7. Also how long should I do it for years or just a couple months