Metallic taste in mouth. no homo

jefferson

jefferson

OG poster
I've been working out and doing cardio daily to lose some extra fat.
I think I also don't drink enough water.

You ever have this taste before?
Yeah when I used to do long distance running.

Just curious what's your bodyfat % approximately? And what lifting program are you following?

nattycel

nattycel

Hopeless
Yeah when I used to do long distance running.

Just curious what's your bodyfat % approximately? And what lifting program are you following?
I'm kind of skinny fat maybe 20% if I had to guess.
I'm really new to the gym so just doing some squats, bench press, pullups along with curls.

Do you suggest I get lean first before bulking?

jefferson

jefferson

OG poster
I'm kind of skinny fat maybe 20% if I had to guess.
I'm really new to the gym so just doing some squats, bench press, pullups along with curls.

Do you suggest I get lean first before bulking?
I was always skinny so up to this point I have done nothing but bulk cause I've only been working out about 5 months (although I had previously worked out for about a year but lost all gains due to not eating/sleeping much and doing no exercise for over a year). I think next summer I'm gonna finally cut because by then I'll have enough muscle and bodyfat to justify it.

So my experience in this area is limited.

But 20% bf is pretty high and you don't wanna start going higher than that or you might start getting gyno if you haven't already. So yeah I would cut and then lean bulk on mostly clean foods.

nattycel

nattycel

Hopeless
I was always skinny so up to this point I have done nothing but bulk cause I've only been working out about 5 months (although I had previously worked out for about a year but lost all gains due to not eating/sleeping much and doing no exercise for over a year). I think next summer I'm gonna finally cut because by then I'll have enough muscle and bodyfat to justify it.

So my experience in this area is limited.

But 20% bf is pretty high and you don't wanna start going higher than that or you might start getting gyno if you haven't already. So yeah I would cut and then lean bulk on mostly clean foods.
Yes that's what I'm going for. Want to get leaner before I try to bulk. Thank god I don't have gyno yet considering
I was fatter at one point.