Methods of beating Looks Purgatory

Br0sk1

Br0sk1

Solstice
After hearing @6ft4 coin the term "Looks Purgatory" and giving it some thought, I tentatively decided it seems pretty legit and that it probably applies to be, given that I appear to be a mid-to-high-tier normie (depending on pics and who you ask) with maybe a couple additional failos, that make me too ugly for HTB+ gf and maybe too GL to be totally unintimidating/disarming to MTBs and below seeking a simp boyfriend.

One possible way out of this predicament (assuming it's indeed legit) could be to looksmin.

In my case, I think my choice of looksminning would be to bulk up and become strongfat/builtfat and also grow back the shitty beard I had in 2020 during early Corona along with medium to long hair. Imagine this, but fatter in the face:

20200614 164405

20200609 181041

I think this might sufficiently disarm MTBs and LTBs who want someone to simp for them and might give me an "in" with them.

The other way I can think of to possibly defeat looks purgatory would be to NTmaxx and fashionmaxx (looksmaxxing in a particular manner), although this is more difficult for sure. In this manner, the MTN/HTN trying to defeat this predicament becomes a "Chadlite" of sorts by appearing (at least in photos, maybe IRL also) more sociable, more stylish and more confident. I have some evidence this could be effective on account of the success of this Tinder experiment done by my friend: https://looksmax.org/threads/99-lik...this-guy-jfl-if-youre-not-a-goofychad.453550/

I think the man used in the experiment is at the looks level where he would be stuck in Looks Purgatory if he had a Sperg Looksmax user brain, but instead he is able to do well at online dating (at least theoretically) and probably does well with women IRL.

I think maybe the looksmaxxer/ascender option has the potential to yield better results (access to higher quality women for LTR etc.), but would be more difficult to execute properly. I also don't know what kinds of women a guy like that used in the experiment actually has realistic access to or in what context(s) because the Tinder experiment was not conducted long enough and thoroughly enough.

If anyone else wants to weigh in here, it would be greatly appreciated. :y'all:

Edit: on second thought, maybe this should've gone in the Looksmaxxing subforum. :forcedsmile:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: socialcel, BrettyBoy, Salludon and 3 others
Looks Purgatory sounds like another iteration of Oofy Doofy Theory

only way u can succeed is carry out that shitty plan of yours and get fat with a subhuman beard and end up betabuxx

Or clean shave, dye ur hair and eyebrows black to get rid of the white

Lose more weight

Or

itโ€™s over

• +1
Reactions: aBetterMii
I spoke to a guy on lookism who also related to the idea of looks purgatory and told me that he was going to stop lifting and appear like less of a wannabe ascender in order to make a HTB/StaceyLite think he is trustworthy enough for an LTR and he wont fuck off or cheat on her after a year

He is 28 and says all the foids he knows were panicking about getting married and they were all picking Low Tier Normies for safety

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Elvisandreaa, aBetterMii and 2 others
I spoke to a guy on lookism who also related to the idea of looks purgatory and told me that he was going to stop lifting and appear like less of a wannabe ascender in order to make a HTB/StaceyLite think he is trustworthy enough for an LTR and he wont fuck off or cheat on her after a year

He is 28 and says all the foids he knows were panicking about getting married and they were all picking Low Tier Normies for safety

Interesting. I'm his same age and I think I'm also looking to settle down.

I prefer the ascender route, but I'll be bulking this year anyway so I might grow the shitty beard and longer hair back if my face is gonna be a bit bloated anyway for a more lightly looksminned look. I don't have any illusions about being able to attract a genuine HTB or Stacylite. Slim LTB is potentially good enough for me to settle down with and have kids with depending on her pheno.

I wonder if I could pull off attracting an MTB for LTR in a relatively looksminned state (225 lbs, semi-strongfat, scraggly beard, longish hair) and then once in LTR start ascending again with weight loss, fashioncelling, better grooming etc. as I slowly build trust in the relationship and assurance that I don't intend to dump/monkeybranch. I honestly wanna be good looking for me, totally irrespective of how it makes me do with foids.

Interesting. I'm his same age and I think I'm also looking to settle down.

I prefer the ascender route, but I'll be bulking this year anyway so I might grow the shitty beard and longer hair back if my face is gonna be a bit bloated anyway for a more lightly looksminned look. I don't have any illusions about being able to attract a genuine HTB or Stacylite. Slim LTB is potentially good enough for me to settle down with and have kids with depending on her pheno.

I wonder if I could pull off attracting an MTB for LTR in a relatively looksminned state (225 lbs, semi-strongfat, scraggly beard, longish hair) and then once in LTR start ascending again with weight loss, fashioncelling, better grooming etc. as I slowly build trust in the relationship and assurance that I don't intend to dump/monkeybranch. I honestly wanna be good looking for me, totally irrespective of how it makes me do with foids.
Yeah I could never limit how I look to please a foid
Years ago a girl I was banging told me how hot she thought it was when guys have beards but I am clean shaven until death
Surprise surprise she ends up with a sub 4 ginger guy and a few months after they start dating he has a beard which he has not gotten rid of years later, now they have a child and are getting married.

imo life is all about creating yourself as a character the way you want to be
When I was 18 and highly social because I felt like I had nothing to lose in my first year of uni, I was making out with several girls in a club each night and girls were generally receptive to me. I was 150-160lbs and kept my haircut short.
Then in my second year of college I bulked up to 190lbs bloated and I was trying to rock the zyzz haircut and my results plummeted because I felt I had something to lose by socializing because if I got rejected they were rejecting my attempt to ascend and if I went drinking and didn't pull that slowed down my progress in the gym for no gain
Eventually it paid off and I roidcelled my way to a point where my physique got me becky one night stands with no effort

I think girls can sense guys who are just content in the position they are in and ones who are trying to make something more of themselves
The thing is girls only care about the final destination so if you are trying to make more of yourself she doesn't care because girls do not believe in the concept of potential. She will fuck the guy who has already made it and relationship the guy who is content being average because he has no ambitions to grow his resources for his own purposes so will spend his resources on her
The guy in between is indeed in purgatory

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AspiringMogger, Ethniframementalcel, alriodai and 1 other person
LTN whoever said M/HTN is coping

1258AC39 42AA 47F9 BBF8 39F1CB0C52F7
BAE95D79 0542 4DE5 A7FD FAA39689EEFD

Homeboy looks like a white Dev @volcelfatcel @StrangerDanger

• JFL
Reactions: alriodai, aBetterMii, Zer0/โˆž and 3 others
Yeah I could never limit how I look to please a foid

imo life is all about creating yourself as a character the way you want to be

I think girls can sense guys who are just content in the position they are in and ones who are trying to make something more of themselves
The thing is girls only care about the final destination so if you are trying to make more of yourself she doesn't care because girls do not believe in the concept of potential. She will fuck the guy who has already made it and relationship the guy who is content being average because he has no ambitions to grow his resources for his own purposes so will spend his resources on her
The guy in between is indeed in purgatory

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to take a bit of time to reply to this to gather my thoughts since I was tired last night and your last post in this thread was a great one.

I don't intend to deliberately change my looks for a foid, I just think if I'm going to be in an awkward "cocoon" stage of the looksmaxxing process due to bulking this year, it might be a good opportunity to be lax on the grooming and maybe see if I become an "oofy doofy" fluffy boy who is maybe looksminned enough to get out of looks purgatory and land a slim LTB or MTB gf.

The point about creating yourself as a character is an excellent one and it's how I want to be in life and I would continue looksmaxxing even if I never had any contact with another foid ever, just for my own satisfaction. I'll also likely change my style several times during the rest of my life just to customize the character I am every so often when I get tired of the current me.

Your point about women not believing in the concept of potential is also critical and maybe this is the main reason one ends up in purgatory after all.

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4
Where's the high tier normie? All I see is a deranged neckbeard.

Am i in looks purgatory? @Main @Xangsane ?

Am i in looks purgatory? @Main @Xangsane ?
No you donโ€™t fit into OPs concept.You look good and can get the types of girls you want.Iโ€™m not just being kind to you cause I know you this is what I actually think

I also remember you being the same height as me 6โ€™1 so if you are,height shouldnโ€™t be a problem either

• Love it
Reactions: aBetterMii
Where's the high tier normie? All I see is a deranged neckbeard.
op has an uncanny gaze similar to this poster on incels.is caused by a lot of sclera show (completely white eyes in the areas outside of the iris and pupils), makes you look aspie ngl and likely your biggest looksmin IMO.

Some more information from that poster:
Anyways, compared to my eye area you have no scleral show and scleral show is basically there is a layer of the sclera which is the white under your iris in both of your eyes so you mog me in that aspect because scleral show basically makes you look more of an emotionless NPC robot and it is caused mainly by recessed lower orbitals like mine

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to take a bit of time to reply to this to gather my thoughts since I was tired last night and your last post in this thread was a great one.

I don't intend to deliberately change my looks for a foid, I just think if I'm going to be in an awkward "cocoon" stage of the looksmaxxing process due to bulking this year, it might be a good opportunity to be lax on the grooming and maybe see if I become an "oofy doofy" fluffy boy who is maybe looksminned enough to get out of looks purgatory and land a slim LTB or MTB gf.

The point about creating yourself as a character is an excellent one and it's how I want to be in life and I would continue looksmaxxing even if I never had any contact with another foid ever, just for my own satisfaction. I'll also likely change my style several times during the rest of my life just to customize the character I am every so often when I get tired of the current me.

Your point about women not believing in the concept of potential is also critical and maybe this is the main reason one ends up in purgatory after all.
yeah going bulk mode and reducing grooming might make you seem more trustworthy/more LTR orientated
I think in the long run we need to find our niche
I know that most of my slaying came from girls who are into guys that are perceived as sports players/athletes.
Several of the girls I slayed played women's football at the highest level in my country
Even tho my primary focus was gymcelling I never slayed a girl who was a gym girl herself
I never had that full muscle gymcel look since I'd need to legit reach 230lbs to get there and I couldn't run lean game wearing stringer vests because I have skin issues I keep covered
I never got an IOI in 7 years at the gym

I have recently moved country and there is a large public park that I've been going to for running track use.
There's also a basketball court right by the track so from now on I'm gonna hang out at the court during the daytime practicing shooting and dunking and I will ask any girls loitering near the court if they wanna practice taking shots with my basketball
(sounds good in my head, we will see if I act on it)

This isn't looks purgatory, you have a very aspie face and getting NTpilled: @BrettyBoy has a similar face as you and is also an autistcel.

This isn't looks purgatory, you have a very aspie face and getting NTpilled: @BrettyBoy has a similar face as you and is also an autistcel.
View attachment 1643871

He's beating me at being NT right now by having the Zoomer TikTok hair.

I will likely try something similar at some point, even though I'll be turning 29 this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back