Mewing / 1.5 month of myobrace ruined my smile/palate

Humans_Are_Robots

Humans_Are_Robots

The brutal truth
I just have to give a small rant..

Last year I found out about mewing and the looksmax community which made me interested because I have felt for some time that I would like to have a more defined jaw, more symmetric face etc.

I started mewing somewhere in august last year and then I bought a myobrace in february as I thought it could fix my overbite and straighten my teeth a bit. Instead of fixing it, it made my smile worse as more "gum" started showing. Not only did my smile get worse, but my jaw got worse, and I developed TMJ pain that I haven't really had before in my right side. I do want to mention that I was chewing a lot of gum while wearing the myobrace, so that may have worsened the TMJ I experienced.

I stopped wearing the myobrace after 1.5 months due to the pain I experienced and because it did not give the results I wished for.

Now, when I look back at the beginning of 2018, my smile was wide and a lot of teeth were showing. Now when I smile, way less teeth are showing and my palate is noticably narrower. In the pictures you can see especially my left side's teeth are horrible, and have started tilting inwards, exposing gum when I smile wide.

I am trying to figure out why my teeth have started tilting inwards, because it does not make sense at all. I have been mewing for around a year, constantly keeping my tongue on my upper palate, but still, my teeth/palate have gotten worse.

The first picture is my current palate. The second picture of my upper palate taken at 2nd of march, basically when I started using the myobrace. You can very clearly see that my teeth are slanted inwards now, which they did not do before.

The 3rd picture is my current smile, you can see around 8 teeth clearly. The last picture is the beginning of 2018, my smile was broader, more symmetrical and you could see around 12 teeth clearly.

TAKE THIS AS A WARNING, ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE YOU RUIN YOURSELF

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
well you clearly did it wrong. you can't just suction in all the teeth and reverse mew or some shit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hector and Prolapsed Anus
Where did you get the myobrace?

I just have to give a small rant..

Last year I found out about mewing and the looksmax community which made me interested because I have felt for some time that I would like to have a more defined jaw, more symmetric face etc.

I started mewing somewhere in august last year and then I bought a myobrace in february as I thought it could fix my overbite and straighten my teeth a bit. Instead of fixing it, it made my smile worse as more "gum" started showing. Not only did my smile get worse, but my jaw got worse, and I developed TMJ pain that I haven't really had before in my right side. I do want to mention that I was chewing a lot of gum while wearing the myobrace, so that may have worsened the TMJ I experienced.

I stopped wearing the myobrace after 1.5 months due to the pain I experienced and because it did not give the results I wished for.

Now, when I look back at the beginning of 2018, my smile was wide and a lot of teeth were showing. Now when I smile, way less teeth are showing and my palate is noticably narrower. In the pictures you can see especially my left side's teeth are horrible, and have started tilting inwards, exposing gum when I smile wide.

I am trying to figure out why my teeth have started tilting inwards, because it does not make sense at all. I have been mewing for around a year, constantly keeping my tongue on my upper palate, but still, my teeth/palate have gotten worse.

The first picture is my current palate. The second picture of my upper palate taken at 2nd of march, basically when I started using the myobrace. You can very clearly see that my teeth are slanted inwards now, which they did not do before.

The 3rd picture is my current smile, you can see around 8 teeth clearly. The last picture is the beginning of 2018, my smile was broader, more symmetrical and you could see around 12 teeth clearly.

TAKE THIS AS A WARNING, ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE YOU RUIN YOURSELF
Your teeth looks the same to me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31238
No, your smile wasn't wider than that...

Where did you get the myobrace?

Found it while browsing a thread on the great work
No, your smile wasn't wider than that...
Man just count the teeth. In my before pic I can count 12.

In my current pic you can't see that many teeth, end of story.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 470
  • +1
Reactions: x30001
Sorry you fell for the Mew meme