What should I do with my retainers? (Please Help)

A

Ali_

Iron
I've seen some guy say he's worn a retainer at the age of 15 for around 6-8 months then stopped wearing it and just practiced mewing and has been doing so for more than a year and claims to have no major relapse like having the big gap in the two front teeth return. He claims to have been gaining a lot more forward growth from doing so and seeing the retraction of his face "reverse" or being fixed. I'm very similar to him as I am also 15 and have been wearing a hawley retainer on both my top and bottom rows of teeth for around 3 months so far. I also had a huge gap in between my two front teeth. Some more info to note is that I don't have a narrow palate and can sufficiently place my tongue on my palate. So my question is that after around the 7-9 month mark, should I stop wearing them to gain, if any, positive benefits to a recessed or flat chin, maxilla, or any thing alike? It's really pissing me off how I feel that braces retracted my face and completely ruined my growth.

• +1
Reactions: gustn
its over bro you missed your chance at developing. mewing wont do shit save up for surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 71265
If you stop wearing your retainers, your gaps are probably gonna come back. One guy’s anecdote doesn’t mean shit.

If you stop wearing your retainers, your gaps are probably gonna come back. One guy’s anecdote doesn’t mean shit.
This is why I'm not gonna get braces, I don't wanna fucking wear a retainer for the rest of my life

This is why I'm not gonna get braces, I don't wanna fucking wear a retainer for the rest of my life
You only have to wear it at night though, and it's fine if you sometimes forget, so it's not a problem at all imo. Definitely preferable to having gapped or crowded teeth and malocclusion.

I've seen some guy say he's worn a retainer at the age of 15 for around 6-8 months then stopped wearing it and just practiced mewing and has been doing so for more than a year and claims to have no major relapse like having the big gap in the two front teeth return. He claims to have been gaining a lot more forward growth from doing so and seeing the retraction of his face "reverse" or being fixed. I'm very similar to him as I am also 15 and have been wearing a hawley retainer on both my top and bottom rows of teeth for around 3 months so far. I also had a huge gap in between my two front teeth. Some more info to note is that I don't have a narrow palate and can sufficiently place my tongue on my palate. So my question is that after around the 7-9 month mark, should I stop wearing them to gain, if any, positive benefits to a recessed or flat chin, maxilla, or any thing alike? It's really pissing me off how I feel that braces retracted my face and completely ruined my growth.
ur fucked