Mewing after 6 months

Weishaupt

Weishaupt

Mewcel
I am 17 years old. I started mewing back in March/April 2018. The changes I have seen are incredible to say the least and it has not even been a full year. For most of my life I both mouth-breathed and nasal-breathed but I cannot remember if I had correct tongue posture (likely not). I was nasal breathing up until I was maybe 9 or 10 because when I look at pictures from that time I had a very good and structured face but as I got older I became uglier. For a couple years when I was a kid I mouth-breathed a lot because I had an allergy that made me have mucus in my nose 24/7 but it went away after I moved to a new location. I have been in the process of fixing and reversing "ugliness" that can be fixed for 1 year through various looksmaxes but mewing as far as I have seen is the best.

What I've noticed:

- fWHR went from 1.50s to 1.70s
- Hollow cheeks (this is due to the proper swallowing pattern I adopted which causes muscle atrophy in the cheeks and therefore leans them out for that model look)
- Cheekbones are more prominent than they've ever been for me
- Maxilla (of course) has been pushed forward enough to be called a "forward maxilla"
- Eye shape and width has slightly changed
- Jawline is more prominent than it's ever been for me
- Nose has gotten objectively smaller (was one of my main goals)
- My face has become totally symmetrical as far as I can tell
- Face is more compact and structured generally speaking
- I can breathe from my nose without any problems
- Easier sleep (not sure if this is because of mewing, I doubt it, but who knows)

How to mew: I see there is quite a lot of confusion about this and I don't blame it, it's not easy to explain the tongue area and The Mews have never explicitly stated a step-by-step guide on how to have correct tongue posture. After doing a lot of research on the subject I came to the conclusion that this is how it's supposed to be done & this is how I did it.

The tip of the tongue should be away from that groovy area where you teeth are and resting upon the area in the mouth where the groovy area is separated. The back of the tongue should be upon the palate (most important) and pushing upon it all day. Don't push too hard but just have it rest there. Although during most of the days of this 6 month period I would push very hard for a minute or so various times.

Lips sealed and teeth against each other (resting not clenching), your upper teeth should be covering your bottom ones, if you can't do this you likely have an overbite or another problem. Along with this I began to only nasal-breathe which was not hard after a month.

If you cannot mew and it hurts too much (because it will hurt a little bit once you start for the first time) you either have an overbite, underbite, too small of a palate, etc you should contact an Orthotropic.

And that is all. If you have any questions I will try to answer them but a lot of this stuff is kinda hard to explain or maybe I'm just bad at writing. Good luck on your looksmaxing journey.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Good posts bro. Although muscle loss is called atrophy not distrophy lol.

Mewing also has has similar effects with me. I keep my tongue tip pressed against my top teeth tbh which I think is how Dr mew tells us to position it. Idk what u mean by the groovy part

• +1
Glad it worked out for you. In my opinion mewing is the most integral component to looksmaxing. No point in gymcelling if your face is fucked up.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 6401
Good posts bro. Although muscle loss is called atrophy not distrophy lol.

Mewing also has has similar effects with me. I keep my tongue tip pressed against my top teeth tbh which I think is how Dr mew tells us to position it. Idk what u mean by the groovy part

Thank you and fixed. Yeah it's kinda hard to explain but by groovy part I mean take your tongue and feel your front teeth, now if you take it back a little you will feel little grooves on the top of your mouth, that's the area I'm talking about. And I don't believe your tongue should be pushing upon your front teeth, Dr. Mew doesn't actually state details in his videos sadly.
Glad it worked out for you. In my opinion mewing is the most integral component to looksmaxing. No point in gymcelling if your face is fucked up.

Thank you. And I completely agree, I believe Face first and Body second. Although I am currently cutting to a lower bodyfat but for face. (y)

• +1
My cheeks are so fucking Hallow after mewing for 3 years. My cheekbones pop and shit

• +1
fuck I wanted to mew but I'm using braces, that shit avoid it from working

• +1
Mewing for 3 months and i can already see results even 22%bf, very much worth trying

• +1
fuck I wanted to mew but I'm using braces, that shit avoid it from working
Yeah just don't worry about mewing till after braces come off tbh

• +1
  • +1
Giga cope

• +1
Pics or larp. I need to see proof that tongue pressing has any effect on the face

• +1
Reactions: Win, Deleted member 6401 and amulyblind