Mewing braces effect

future chadlite

future chadlite

tale anal
I currently have Braces on and when I hardmew I get the same feeling you get after you change the filing on your braces, not as powerful but I can feel it
some anecdotal proof that mewing does move something

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, LooksJourney and dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
thsisis jsust thee pressureeee thaht ddoesnrt meaans anytign movidend itess just a new wwffeeling

Dude when they change my wires. In the period when there is no wires in, the pressure from my tongue feels so strong against my un-wired teeth. When I get them off I know results will speed up.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 466
Dude when they change my wires. In the period when there is no wires in, the pressure from my tongue feels so strong against my un-wired teeth. When I get them off I know results will speed up.
Had the exact same thing. Been Mewing for 5 months but only for one month without braces and it is only now I am seeing improvements.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 466 and LooksJourney
Had the exact same thing. Been Mewing for 5 months but only for one month without braces and it is only now I am seeing improvements.
Have you been wearing your retainer? A still debating how I'm going to juggle that shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 466
Have you been wearing your retainer? A still debating how I'm going to juggle that shit.
No. I actually removed my braces myself so I could cancel orthodontic treatment immediately. No retainer. If your retainer will keep expanding your palate then get it, otherwise you're only stunting progress and could loosen the teeth as they move back and forth between day and night.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 466 and Mewcel
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, LooksJourney, Deleted member 466 and 2 others
No. I actually removed my braces myself so I could cancel orthodontic treatment immediately. No retainer. If your retainer will keep expanding your palate then get it, otherwise you're only stunting progress and could loosen the teeth as they move back and forth between day and night.
Dom af, that alone gave u 1mm of forward growth

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
If I don't wear my my teeth straighten. And retainers actually function as your tongue pressing the roof of your mouth. I wear my once a week and it straightens my teeth back to normal

If I don't wear my my teeth straighten. And retainers actually function as your tongue pressing the roof of your mouth. I wear my once a week and it straightens my teeth back to normal
Check this shit out:

Can you reword what u said, do you wear your retainers once a week to straighten your teeth and mew when you dont have them on?

That's exactly what I do. Once a night once a week

What do I do about my teeth straightening
Did mewing expand your palate? by how much?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist
That's exactly what I do. Once a night once a week

What do I do about my teeth coming out of alignment
My teeth have changed a fair bit (top have better alignment but the bottom tip inwards more). I remember Mew saying basically you just have to push through and eventually they’ll be straight with a wide dental arch otherwise you’re putting your teeth at risk of falling out as retainers bring the maxilla back and mewing brings it forward.

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
My teeth have changed a fair bit (top have better alignment but the bottom tip inwards more). I remember Mew saying basically you just have to push through and eventually they’ll be straight with a wide dental arch otherwise you’re putting your teeth at risk of falling out as retainers bring the maxilla back and mewing brings it forward.
Will do thank you bro
Yeah i know i mean did you measure it?
No but before I couldn't out my tongue up comfortably and now it almost seems too wide lol

Will do thank you bro

No but before I couldn't out my tongue up comfortably and now it almost seems too wide lol
God im eagerly waiting for my braces removal on thirsday, time so slow

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney and uglykunt
No probs. Let me know how it goes

Just DIY bro
I have rings on my molars which had a bridge connecting the two, they cut it off but it hurts when i hard mew so the only way os dr removing them

I have rings on my molars which had a bridge connecting the two, they cut it off but it hurts when i hard mew so the only way os dr removing them
Fairs

how did you remove it? im worried that my braces are stunting my forward growth actually. like i see a picture from 2 mths ago and i swear i looked better then than now. if i take my braces out my parents will be pissed because of money.

also i felt the same thing when they take the wire out to replace and tighten. where my teeth feel loose.

same thing. im seriously thinking about diying my braces off. either way there's no way im wearing a fucking retainer.

how did you remove it? im worried that my braces are stunting my forward growth actually. like i see a picture from 2 mths ago and i swear i looked better then than now. if i take my braces out my parents will be pissed because of money.

also i felt the same thing when they take the wire out to replace and tighten. where my teeth feel loose.

same thing. im seriously thinking about diying my braces off. either way there's no way im wearing a fucking retainer.
You have to make sure you really know what you’re doing and watch some videos on YouTube. There are four corners at the front where each wire is connected and then twisted up to lock it in. If you get a pair of dental plyers you can unscrew the wire and then take the wires out easily. I accidentally broke the wire so I just started cutting it into segments and taking it out in a few pieces until there was none left. Then with the brackets you squeeze with the plyers on the top and bottom and it will come off with ease. If you start to feel pain then back off because you’re at risk of fracturing your teeth.
DON’T squeeze from the sides because they aren’t designed that way.
Do a fair amount of googling too just to make sure you’re clear.

• +1
is Invisalign safe to use or does it fuck up my face?

You have to make sure you really know what you’re doing and watch some videos on YouTube. There are four corners at the front where each wire is connected and then twisted up to lock it in. If you get a pair of dental plyers you can unscrew the wire and then take the wires out easily. I accidentally broke the wire so I just started cutting it into segments and taking it out in a few pieces until there was none left. Then with the brackets you squeeze with the plyers on the top and bottom and it will come off with ease. If you start to feel pain then back off because you’re at risk of fracturing your teeth.
DON’T squeeze from the sides because they aren’t designed that way.
Do a fair amount of googling too just to make sure you’re clear.

I'm confused by what you mean by the four corner?

So to remove brackets, you take them off by squeezing the top and bottom, but not the left and right?

I'm confused by what you mean by the four corner?

So to remove brackets, you take them off by squeezing the top and bottom, but not the left and right?
I think it’s universally the canines which are the last teeth before the pre-molars. Google it to check. But you’ll be able to tell because the wire looks like it is upturned in each corner. And yes you only squeeze from the top and bottom, but don’t remove the brackets until the wire is completely gone.

• +1
is Invisalign safe to use or does it fuck up my face?

Any orthodontic treatment can move your teeth in a bad way so that it fucks up your face. Its better not to take the risk and just rubber band your two front teeth closed unless you have an overbite/under-bite situation going on. If you do get invisalign just try and make sure they are moving teeth forward and not pushing them back/yanking teeth out. That's the only orthodontic work that will fuck your face.

Keep in mind: having any device on your teeth will halt mewing results. Only do orthodontics/invisalign if your teeth are the worst detriment to your face.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mojopin
I think it’s universally the canines which are the last teeth before the pre-molars. Google it to check. But you’ll be able to tell because the wire looks like it is upturned in each corner. And yes you only squeeze from the top and bottom, but don’t remove the brackets until the wire is completely gone.

Also, do you think hydrogen peroxide + baking soda (safe ghetto teeth whitener toothpaste) will loosen the glue behind the brackets? (of they are already on)... or atleast make the process less risky.

and should i apply very small pressure on the brackets (over the course of a few days) to loosen them up? like pulling them or pushing up on them.

Also, do you think hydrogen peroxide + baking soda (safe ghetto teeth whitener toothpaste) will loosen the glue behind the brackets? (of they are already on)... or atleast make the process less risky.
I tried exactly that and it helped break of some of the glue over a few days, but that's something you'll need removed by the orthodontists unfortunately. I tried to use a dental kit to scrape off the glue but it was a no go zone once I realised I was just putting myself at risk of carving into my teeth.

and should i apply very small pressure on the brackets (over the course of a few days) to loosen them up? like pulling them or pushing up on them.
No, I don't think it's necesary. I did it in about 45 minutes just taking my time and doing it properly. A fair amount of them popped off with little pressure, some came off as expected and two were a little tricky (I just had to keep trying and stop if it hurt). I need to emphasise DON'T PULL. You squeeze from the top and bottom and then if required you can then pull away slowly and with light force. Just trust your instincts and don't be afraid to get stuck in. You can get a pair of dental plyers on Amazon btw.

I tried exactly that and it helped break of some of the glue over a few days, but that's something you'll need removed by the orthodontists unfortunately. I tried to use a dental kit to scrape off the glue but it was a no go zone once I realised I was just putting myself at risk of carving into my teeth.

No, I don't think it's necesary. I did it in about 45 minutes just taking my time and doing it properly. A fair amount of them popped off with little pressure, some came off as expected and two were a little tricky (I just had to keep trying and stop if it hurt). I need to emphasise DON'T PULL. You squeeze from the top and bottom and then if required you can then pull away slowly and with light force. Just trust your instincts and don't be afraid to get stuck in. You can get a pair of dental plyers on Amazon btw.

cant get special pliers because im 16 and even then if special pliers show up on my doorstep my parents would want to see whats in the box.

is there any other options? or does it has to be specifically dental pliers
also i have these metal bands as shown in this.video

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mojopin
cant get special pliers because im 16 and even then if special pliers show up on my doorstep my parents would want to see whats in the box.

is there any other options? or does it has to be specifically dental pliers
also i have these metal bands as shown in this.video

Lmao I used to be the same with ordering things online so fair enough. As long as they are clean and small enough to fit in your mouth then go ahead, although it will make it harder to see so be careful about that. 16 is still a great age to start mewing. The YouTuber Astro Sky started at that age and he has an amazing jawline now. Since I got my braces off I'm seeing changes so much faster its insane although I cannot stress enough that you have to think about your tongue posture as often as possible, especially during the sleep. I realised yesterday that my ramus (where the jaw connects with the ear) is starting to get BONE DEFINITION and I'm getting way more compliments.

• +1
Lmao I used to be the same with ordering things online so fair enough. As long as they are clean and small enough to fit in your mouth then go ahead, although it will make it harder to see so be careful about that. 16 is still a great age to start mewing. The YouTuber Astro Sky started at that age and he has an amazing jawline now. Since I got my braces off I'm seeing changes so much faster its insane although I cannot stress enough that you have to think about your tongue posture as often as possible, especially during the sleep. I realised yesterday that my ramus (where the jaw connects with the ear) is starting to get BONE DEFINITION and I'm getting way more compliments.

Yeah I know all of this and the Astro guy his growth is insane

ive been chin tucking and nopillow for a while, but i noticed growth only stopped when i got shit braces.

16 is a good age too because thats when lower third growth really picks up 16-18

ramus gets longer, the genial angle lowers and all that.

im gonna try to find the recourses to take pliets out myself, if i cant, ill just have to beg my parents to get the ortho to take them out.

Any orthodontic treatment can move your teeth in a bad way so that it fucks up your face. Its better not to take the risk and just rubber band your two front teeth closed unless you have an overbite/under-bite situation going on. If you do get invisalign just try and make sure they are moving teeth forward and not pushing them back/yanking teeth out. That's the only orthodontic work that will fuck your face.

Keep in mind: having any device on your teeth will halt mewing results. Only do orthodontics/invisalign if your teeth are the worst detriment to your face.
my palate is quit narrow but my teeth are not that bad. Wanted to improve palate a bit and hope I can get slightly larger mouth. I mewed for 1 year and didn't see any results im 22 so I think its only good for maintaining

my palate is quit narrow but my teeth are not that bad. Wanted to improve palate a bit and hope I can get slightly larger mouth. I mewed for 1 year and didn't see any results im 22 so I think its only good for maintaining

YOU NEED A PALATE EXPANDER! Mike Mew approved technique. No fucking lie. Check this shit out!!!!!!!!!!

YOU NEED A PALATE EXPANDER! Mike Mew approved technique. No fucking lie. Check this shit out!!!!!!!!!!

how is this better then Invisalign?

how is this better then Invisalign?

Because Invisalign is worn nearly all day, is an orthodontic technique (orthodontists do not know about the underlying cause of crooked teeth which is improper oral posture, and they simply DO NOT CARE about your face and the effects moving your teeth will have on it) and it freezes your palate (this limits facial growth) by putting forces on it that your tongue cannot override while mewing. With invisalign, there is no reason to gaurentee that they will expand your palate, and could make your palate more narrow, as braces have done for me. On the other hand, Myobrace and similar appliances are Orthotropic techniques, the primary goal is to effect your face positively and avoid any negative growth or dumbfuck things orthodontists can do. Orthotropics will always expand your palate and fix maloclusions by bringing teeth and jaws forward, rather than backward. The myobrace will actually teach you how to mew during the day when it is completely off, and it will ensure you are mewing at night as well.

Because Invisalign is worn nearly all day, is an orthodontic technique (orthodontists do not know about the underlying cause of crooked teeth which is improper oral posture, and they simply DO NOT CARE about your face and the effects moving your teeth will have on it) and it freezes your palate (this limits facial growth) by putting forces on it that your tongue cannot override while mewing. With invisalign, there is no reason to gaurentee that they will expand your palate, and could make your palate more narrow, as braces have done for me. On the other hand, Myobrace and similar appliances are Orthotropic techniques, the primary goal is to effect your face positively and avoid any negative growth or dumbfuck things orthodontists can do. Orthotropics will always expand your palate and fix maloclusions by bringing teeth and jaws forward, rather than backward. The myobrace will actually teach you how to mew during the day when it is completely off, and it will ensure you are mewing at night as well.

But does it have any before and after or do you have personal experience with? Since I don't really believe that mewing will change much and how is the palate expand different to Invisalign where you have same forces?

But does it have any before and after or do you have personal experience with? Since I don't really believe that mewing will change much and how is the palate expand different to Invisalign where you have same forces?

If you don't believe in mewing then fine, but a myobrace puts actual non-tongue force on your teeth in a way that will expand your palate (I understand this is what you want). That is the enitre goal of the appliance. I have not used one myself. If you can get invisalign and communicate with the invisalign people (I think thats just an orthodontist) exactly what you want, then yeah, do it. But I don't trust orthodontics, traditional or invisalign. They've fucked up my bite already.