Mewing + growth hormone combo?

D

Deleted member 16204

Bronze
A lof people here seem to talk about using growth hormone to reopen the growth plates, but I always wonder if it would be able to reopen the sutures of the skull as well, and therefore make it possible to produce actual mewing results in adulthood. You know the malleability of the sutures is actually determined by yout growth hormone levels. That's why mouthbreathing is most harmful in childhood and during the puberty growth spurt and for the same reason there's no mewing results after 18 or 20 as your growth hormone levels drop dramatically.

Any thoughts on this?

Could you do this naturally by changing into full meat diet for example?

• JFL
Reactions: RoundHouse and ChristianChad
A lof people here seem to talk about using growth hormone to reopen the growth plates, but I always wonder if it would be able to reopen the sutures of the skull as well, and therefore make it possible to produce actual mewing results in adulthood. You know the malleability of the sutures is actually determined by yout growth hormone levels. That's why mouthbreathing is most harmful in childhood and during the puberty growth spurt and there's usually no mewing results after 18 or 20 as your growth hormone levels drop dramayically.

Any thoughts on this?

Could you do this naturally by changing into full meat diet for example?
It does not reopen growth plates.

Otherwise you would see adults with acro growing taller

Are you retarded? That's completely not how it works
It does not reopen growth plates.
I have heard people talk about "reopening" many times on this forum lol.

But my point is that at least the sutures in your jaws work differently. They never fully fuse and become just harder or softer according to your growth hormone levels.
Bodybuilders who use drugs continue growing stronger jaws in adulthood.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
I have heard about the earth being flat many times on this forum aswell.

People here are borderline schizo and often have complete batshit ideas.

As for sutures, I honestly have no clue how it works. It may be the way you say it is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 16204

But my point is that at least the sutures in your jaws work differently. They never fully fuse and become just harder or softer according to your growth hormone levels.
Bodybuilders who use drugs continue growing stronger jaws in adulthood.
Maybe if you forcefully open the sutures agan with somehing like mse(before you ask mewing will not open them in any way...)

Maybe if you forcefully open the sutures agan with somehing like mse(before you ask mewing will not open them in any way...)
There are cases of young adults opening their palatal suture with traditional toothborne expanders, which produce much less force than mse. Assuming that they are not lying of course.

If your suture is already closed then you need literally kilograms of force to reopen it, which only the mse is capable of doing of course. But if the suture is still in an active state, open and growing new bone you could in theory expand it with force smaller that what makes your teeth tip.

but I always wonder if it would be able to reopen the sutures of the skull as well, and therefore make it possible to produce actual mewing results in adulthood. You know the malleability of the sutures is actually determined by yout growth hormone levels. That's why mouthbreathing is most harmful in childhood and during the puberty growth spurt and for the same reason there's no mewing results after 18 or 20 as your growth hormone levels drop dramatically.
your sutures completely fuse after 60 years old or something

for most people anyway

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
There are cases of young adults opening their palatal suture with traditional toothborne expanders, which produce much less force than mse. Assuming that they are not lying of course.
If you still remember where you saw that you can link me the cases. It might work on someone who is very young maybe at best up to until 14-15 but afterwards it won't work. Whats worse is not only it won't work but it will become dangerous as well. Because all that force is transfered onto teeth,it might flare out the teeth, it might even push the roots of molars out of the alveolar bone and this is usually irreversible or exteremely hard to reverse(even with procedures like SFOT,after this happens those teeth and the health of the gums will never be the same). And if someone says that they opened their midpalatal suture or any other suture with mewing only, then yes they are %100 lying
If your suture is already closed then you need literally kilograms of force to reopen it, which only the mse is capable of doing of course. But if the suture is still in an active state, open and growing new bone you could in theory expand it with force smaller that what makes your teeth tip.
If your sutures are not closed(let's say if you are someone who is 12-13 y.o... You are not but lets assume that)then you can open the suture and expand the palate and the maxilla with the classic rapid palatal expander
If your sutures are closed however, which is %99 your situation btw, then you can't just apply a force smaller than needed for moving teeth, for a long period of time and expect the suture to open just because you have been applying that force for a long time as well. It simply goes against the working mechanism of any kind of rapid palatal expander. Rapid palatal expanders work for opening the suture for young people because by exerting a lot of force rapidly onto teeth, the midpalatal suture is able to seperate before the teeth start to move. After the resistance of the suture is overcomed, then the applience is finally able to open the midpalatal suture even further but even with children there is dental tipping and alveolar bone remodeling in addition to skeletal expansion. With adults this doesn't happen because applying a lot of force onto teeth to open the midpalatal suture simply cannot overcome the resistance from the midpalatal suture, you need to put that force directly onto bone for that to happen without unwanted dental effects. Hopefully you got what I am saying by now. You can't open any suture by applying low forces over a long period of time. You wouldn't be able to do that even if you were a children. If that was the case we would hear cases of people dislocating their facial bones by their tongue alone, which never happens, it would be a trouble if sutures were that weak.

However on the other hand if one day someone finds a way to apply a lot of force onto bone itself without getting support from teeth, then maybe opening other sutures on adults might be possible. Something like that hasn't been tried before, other than 2 monkey experiments, which was succesful btw even with adult monkeys in 1 of the studies, and they were able to achieve nearly a centimeter of forward displacement in a matter of 4-5 months

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
If you still remember where you saw that you can link me the cases. It might work on someone who is very young maybe at best up to until 14-15 but afterwards it won't work. Whats worse is not only it won't work but it will become dangerous as well. Because all that force is transfered onto teeth,it might flare out the teeth, it might even push the roots of molars out of the alveolar bone and this is usually irreversible or exteremely hard to reverse(even with procedures like SFOT,after this happens those teeth and the health of the gums will never be the same). And if someone says that they opened their midpalatal suture or any other suture with mewing only, then yes they are %100 lying

If your sutures are not closed(let's say if you are someone who is 12-13 y.o... You are not but lets assume that)then you can open the suture and expand the palate and the maxilla with the classic rapid palatal expander
If your sutures are closed however, which is %99 your situation btw, then you can't just apply a force smaller than needed for moving teeth, for a long period of time and expect the suture to open just because you have been applying that force for a long time as well. It simply goes against the working mechanism of any kind of rapid palatal expander. Rapid palatal expanders work for opening the suture for young people because by exerting a lot of force rapidly onto teeth, the midpalatal suture is able to seperate before the teeth start to move. After the resistance of the suture is overcomed, then the applience is finally able to open the midpalatal suture even further but even with children there is dental tipping and alveolar bone remodeling in addition to skeletal expansion. With adults this doesn't happen because applying a lot of force onto teeth to open the midpalatal suture simply cannot overcome the resistance from the midpalatal suture, you need to put that force directly onto bone for that to happen without unwanted dental effects. Hopefully you got what I am saying by now. You can't open any suture by applying low forces over a long period of time. You wouldn't be able to do that even if you were a children. If that was the case we would hear cases of people dislocating their facial bones by their tongue alone, which never happens, it would be a trouble if sutures were that weak.

However on the other hand if one day someone finds a way to apply a lot of force onto bone itself without getting support from teeth, then maybe opening other sutures on adults might be possible. Something like that hasn't been tried before, other than 2 monkey experiments, which was succesful btw even with adult monkeys in 1 of the studies, and they were able to achieve nearly a centimeter of forward displacement in a matter of 4-5 months
Could you link that study? I happen to be a monkey and would like to try it.