Micellar Water is the best and most gentle cleanser! Never use soap and other shit on your face again (dry skin and large porecels gtfih)

D

Deleted member 22354

How I came to this conclusion?
My current fwb has shown me this, she has been using ONLY micellar water instead of a cleanser for years. Since cleansers have always dried out her skin and then the skin produces too much oil and it thus comes to impurities. She has btw. perfect baby smooth skin and does not use any moisturizer or other products, only micellar water in the morning and evening. I do the same now.

What is Micellar Water
It is a gentle solution made up of micelles, which are tiny balls of cleansing oil suspended in water. This combination makes it a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin, as it effectively removes dirt, makeup, and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils. It will also shrink your pores and make them invisible + helps to keep moisturize in your skin

So, what sets micellar water apart from traditional soap and other cleansers?
For starters, soap can often be too harsh and drying for sensitive skin. It can strip the skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness, redness, and irritation and impurities. On the other hand, micellar water is gentle and non-irritating, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin.

The problem when you wash "only" with water:
Most of us have hard water. Hard water contains high levels of minerals such as magnesium and calcium, which can build up on the skin and cause irritation and dryness. This can lead to a range of skin problems, including rough, flaky skin, clogged pores, and an increase in wrinkles and fine lines. Using a soap in combination can also lead to a so-called lime soap, which can lead to even worse problems.

How to use it?
Simply soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe it over your face. There is no need to rinse it off. Repeat the process until the cotton pad is no longer dirty (use multiple: First will be very dirty, seconds less and when its clean you are finished). Thats it, easy skincare.

Bonus: How to shower your body with hard water in mind + how to change hard water
  • Buy a very gentle wash gel from brands like avene, la roche and so on, which provides some refatting . Wash only if dirty, otherwise you will further dry out your skin OR
  • How to remove lime/hard water? Softener is the only thing that will can do it. An ion exchange resin is most effective for this. Then in combination with a good filter system you would have soft water without any chemicals, drug residues, and other bullshit you find in the tap water. Then you could just shower with water (face I would still recommend micellar water). Remember our ancestors never had hard water and also washed much less often, we just need to wash more often nowadays because we no longer live in nature, but are exposed to all the everyday dirt that we need to remove but without stressing our skin too much.

So, ditch soap and other harsh cleansers and give micellar water a try. Your skin will thank you!

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 17997, Deleted member 19036, newperson and 7 others
chad rubs horse shit on his face everyday and he still slay anything he wants.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: efidescontinuado, Hentaiwatcher69, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 9 others
I only use water.

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 22354 and jojoyou
Nah any non comodgenic moisturiser does the work.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
I have oily skin but thank you

• +1
Should I wear a bag over my head during showers to prevent the dirty tap water from touching my face?

• +1
I only use water.
I only body (face only with micellar water) but I also have a softener and filter system, only with tap water your body will absorb chemicals, toxins and so on (pic rel) and in the long run the skin will be severely weakened through lime.
Whats-in-your-Tap-water-700x762.png

Nah any non comodgenic moisturiser does the work.
What is the point of this? Your skin can replenish itself if you don't stress it too much. Moisturizer eliminates this re-fattening function (science disagrees on whether this causes permanent damage), and in the long run you will use more and more moisturizer, and you won't be able to do without it.

I have oily skin but thank you
You would also benefit from it, as I said, oily skin can also develop if you dry it out too much and it therefore has to re-grease strongly again and again. Micellar water does not dry out the skin too much and also leaves the oil balance intact, which should give you "normal" skin in the long term.

Should I wear a bag over my head during showers to prevent the dirty tap water from touching my face?
Yes or buy a Softener with a filter system.

Do water softeners with EDTA effective? Those tap filters are expensive and a hassle

• +1
You would also benefit from it, as I said, oily skin can also develop if you dry it out too much and it therefore has to re-grease strongly again and again. Micellar water does not dry out the skin too much and also leaves the oil balance intact, which should give you "normal" skin in the long term.
I'll look into it, thank you.

• +1
My current fwb has shown me this, she has been using ONLY micellar water instead of a cleanser for years. Since cleansers have always dried out her skin and then the skin produces too much oil and it thus comes to impurities. She has btw. perfect baby smooth skin and does not use any moisturizer or other products, only micellar water in the morning and evening. I do the same now.

What is Micellar Water
It is a gentle solution made up of micelles, which are tiny balls of cleansing oil suspended in water. This combination makes it a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin, as it effectively removes dirt, makeup, and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils. It will also shrink your pores and make them invisible + helps to keep moisturize in your skin

For starters, soap can often be too harsh and drying for sensitive skin. It can strip the skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness, redness, and irritation and impurities. On the other hand, micellar water is gentle and non-irritating, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin.

Most of us have hard water. Hard water contains high levels of minerals such as magnesium and calcium, which can build up on the skin and cause irritation and dryness. This can lead to a range of skin problems, including rough, flaky skin, clogged pores, and an increase in wrinkles and fine lines. Using a soap in combination can also lead to a so-called lime soap, which can lead to even worse problems.

How to use it?
Simply soak a cotton pad with micellar water and gently wipe it over your face. There is no need to rinse it off. Repeat the process until the cotton pad is no longer dirty (use multiple: First will be very dirty, seconds less and when its clean you are finished). Thats it, easy skincare.

Bonus: How to shower your body with hard water in mind + how to change hard water
  • Buy a very gentle wash gel from brands like avene, la roche and so on, which provides some refatting . Wash only if dirty, otherwise you will further dry out your skin OR
  • How to remove lime/hard water? Softener is the only thing that will can do it. An ion exchange resin is most effective for this. Then in combination with a good filter system you would have soft water without any chemicals, drug residues, and other bullshit you find in the tap water. Then you could just shower with water (face I would still recommend micellar water). Remember our ancestors never had hard water and also washed much less often, we just need to wash more often nowadays because we no longer live in nature, but are exposed to all the everyday dirt that we need to remove but without stressing our skin too much.

So, ditch soap and other harsh cleansers and give micellar water a try. Your skin will thank you!
Good thread, feel free to tag me in this kind of thing

• +1
Imm studying for an economics quiz that’s in 40 minutes I’ll read later

• +1

What is Micellar Water

How to use it?

Which brand do you recommend?

• +1
Do water softeners with EDTA effective? Those tap filters are expensive and a hassle
I didn’t find much difference tbh, maybe placebo but you could try it for yourself

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
No, bc EDTA is a chelating agent that is commonly used for complexing metal ions in water. It can effectively remove heavy metal ions from water, but it does not have the ability to remove calcium and magnesium ions, which are the primary cause of hard water.

An ion exchange softener, on the other hand, specifically targets calcium and magnesium ions and removes them through a physical exchange process. In this process, the hardness-causing ions are exchanged with sodium ions, effectively softening the water.
unnamed_3_600x.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Jason Voorhees
Interesting, will look into this.

Which softener and micellar water do you specifically recommend?

• +1
Reactions: jojoyou

What is Micellar Water

How to use it?

solid thread. all of the advices given in this thread is objectively true

Good thread, thanks for sharing.

any product recommendations? how about this one
0.jpg

Last edited: