Midface Changes

C

ChristianF

Iron
Dear @RealSurgerymax

Do you think it would be possible to just decrease the middle third by:

▫️decreasing the nose tip conservatively ▫️doing a lip lift + lip reduction to raise the lips upwards (could be associated with Lefort 1 + impaction in people with gummy smile)

Bones underneath wouldn’t change (excluding lefort1) BUT the soft tissues changes would give the impression of a shorter midface.

thank you

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Mewton, nosemaxxing and thecel
Yes it is possible especially if you have drooped nose. .. also you philtrum will get bigger and you can also fix that thing with Lip lift.

• +1
Reactions: Broski, Mewton and ChristianF
It's 2022 and people still cope with surgery for looks uff

• JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing
Yes it is possible especially if you have drooped nose. .. also you philtrum will get bigger and you can also fix that thing with Lip lift.
Exactly what I was thinking! Of course it always depends from your starting point: if one’s nose is very very long, the correction wouldn’t solve the problem 100% but it would still be better than nothing

Exactly what I was thinking! Of course it always depends from your starting point: if one’s nose is very very long, the correction wouldn’t solve the problem 100% but it would still be better than nothing
Yes. The shit tip can give your nose extra length and it can hide your philtrum length.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianF and one job away
Yes. The shit tip can give your nose extra length and it can hide your philtrum length.
Yeah for me it’s like that. My philtrum appears shorter due to my droopy tip. Fixing my tip will make my philtrum look longer which is bad.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianF
It’s crazy how in beauty everything is connected like a Sudoku.
You change one thing and you worsen another one. But if you get everything correct you’re golden.

• +1
Reactions: Broski, Need2Ascend and Mewton
Yeah for me it’s like that. My philtrum appears shorter due to my droopy tip. Fixing my tip will make my philtrum look longer which is bad.
Long philtrum is not actually that bad.. Many good looking chad have it.. for example Cavil, Crhis hermsworth. Ian somerhalder.. Its only failo when it goes beyond the ideal level.

• Hmm...
Reactions: one job away
Yes you can do this but you have to make sure the lip lift doesn’t give you a gay feminine look after

Nose reduction would be most beneficial in cases like this
Combined with sliding genio, even better

But what about this sort of longmidfaces? I have the same problem but not to this extent
Does this guy have any hope at all?
His nose is way too long to be saved. No hope for him

• So Sad
Reactions: Mewton
Long philtrum is not actually that bad.. Many good looking chad have it.. for example Cavil, Crhis hermsworth. Ian somerhalder.. Its only failo when it goes beyond the ideal level.
My philatrum is defenitly short overall but it still always looks better with a shorter one instead of longer. But probably autism

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16989
Nose reduction would be most beneficial in cases like this
Combined with sliding genio, even better

But what about this sort of longmidfaces? I have the same problem but not to this extent
Does this guy have any hope at all?
He is also recessed as fuck. Does bimax help make Midface smaller?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianF and Mewton
He is also recessed as fuck. Does bimax help make Midface smaller?
It doesn't actually reduce midface but forward grown midface appears short than a recessed one of same length
A simple example

The right line is even a bit longer

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK, Deleted member 16989 and ChristianF
It shortens midface IF you have a gummy smile, which is defined by the medical literature as “maxillary excess”.
It’s an excessive vertical growth of the maxilla.
The procedure I’m taking about though shortens the midface on a SKELETAL level, if you want visible changes you need to undergo a lip lift as well.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton and Deleted member 16989
Dear @RealSurgerymax

Do you think it would be possible to just decrease the middle third by:

▫️decreasing the nose tip conservatively ▫️doing a lip lift + lip reduction to raise the lips upwards (could be associated with Lefort 1 + impaction in people with gummy smile)

Bones underneath wouldn’t change (excluding lefort1) BUT the soft tissues changes would give the impression of a shorter midface.

thank you
Really gonna ask this without pics? :what:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianF
The guy I’m about to post is perfect the way he is. But considering an average of his facial features, what would you think?

Really gonna ask this without pics? :what:

It gives me an error when loading the picture unfortunately

Justus Eisfeld could be an example (I cannot upload pictures :()
his midface ratio is 1 thus perfect, but what would you say (as far as the procedures mentioned above are concerned), considering his features? (nose and lips)
@RealSurgerymax